Team V Morton

Alan Murray

Think Cole will move over to right back now Archie and Sinclair are fit. Time for Fraser to get his chance off the bench.

.......................Fox.....

Cole… Balatoni... Archibald.. Sinclair

…………………....Paton

..... Welsh.....Rowson.....Cairney

.............. Elliot......Doolan

Subs:

Scully

O'Donnell

Erskine

Naismith

Fraser

Edited by Alan Murray

11 players who actually give a shit would be nice. A similar performance to that of last week then questions have to be asked.

The manager better start picking a consistent team too.

First time, in a long time I've felt so uninterested about going to Firhill. I doubt much of the people I go with are going but I'll be there.

Only speaking for myself but if you were at Livingston last week it's hard to know where to start. On the rare occasion when we've won well it's been by and large a team effort and when we've been totally rank as opposed to just poor it's been the whole team that have let us down.

Maybe Archie has more of a captain's influence than we often give him credit for., Similarly Rowson who was subbed at half time might have been missed as the stand in captain but I think I'm clutching at straws. Got a feeling McNamara may drop a few he thought showed the least desire or feels their confidence is shattered but I've no idea who from last weeks sorry lot that would be. Archie aside I don't exactly believe that those absent last week and fit this week were the type of player that would make much of a difference.

Certainly hope Sinclair's back and we can get a more balanced outfit. I'd play Cole alongside Archie tho' I wonder whether O'Donnell could do with a spell on the bench and I'd rather see Paton in midfield rather than at right back.

As for the forwards I've no idea what combo would be best but then I don't suppose anyone does.

Anyway here goes

Fox

Cole

Balatoni

Archibald

Sinclair

Paton

Rowson

Welsh

Cairney

Elliot

Doolan

Subs:

Scully

O'Donnell

Bannigan/Naismith

Erskine

Burns/Fraser

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Fox

Balatoni Archibald Cole

O'Donnell -------------------------------------------- Sinclair

Rowson-------------- Paton/Welsh

Cairney

Doolan Elliot

Cairney needs to be in the match as much as possible tomorrow.

If they are playing Colin Stewart tomorrow and we don't even test him then it'll be a wasted opportunity and I'll lose faith in the manager even more.

Edited by northernsoul

What I'd like to see with the players at our disposal and providing everyone is fit.

Fox

Balatoni Archibald Cole

O'Donnell -------------------------------------------- Sinclair

Rowson-------------- Paton/Welsh

Cairney

Doolan Elliot

Cairney needs to be in the match as much as possible tomorrow.

If they are playing Colin Stewart tomorrow and we don't even test him then it'll be a wasted opportunity and I'll lose faith in the manager even more.

An 100% team effort required or the season is really going down the pan and relegation looms however I'll be there as usual as we at least still have our club

Think he'll shake things up a bit, team might line up as follows...

Boredom

Indifference . Meaningless . Pointless . Despondancy

Hopeless . Half-Arsed . Dejection . Bleak

Pain . Tribulation

Ordeal

Sorrow

Jaded

Tiresome

Maskrey

When did we sign those players? Some of those are crackers!!

Think he'll shake things up a bit, team might line up as follows...

Boredom

Indifference . Meaningless . Pointless . Despondancy

Hopeless . Half-Arsed . Dejection . Bleak

Pain . Tribulation

Ordeal

Sorrow

Jaded

Tiresome

Maskrey

I take it Half-Arsed is a loan player from one of the ugly sisters?

I'd have

.............................Fox

Cole......Conrad..........Archie...........Sinclair

.................Paton............Rowson

O'Donnell..........Cairney.............Erskine

.........................Doolan

Subs: Scully, Robertson, Welsh, Naismith, Elliot.

I expect welsh to play instead of O'Donnell and Cairney to be wasted out wide again

Think Cole will move over to right back now Archie and Sinclair are fit. Time for Fraser to get his chance off the bench.

.......................Fox.....

Cole… Balatoni... Archibald.. Sinclair

…………………....Paton

..... Welsh.....Rowson.....Cairney

.............. Elliot......Doolan

Subs:

Scully

O'Donnell

Erskine

Naismith

Fraser

I stopped reading the thread at the bit in bold.

No.

Maybe Archie has more of a captain's influence than we often give him credit for., Similarly Rowson who was subbed at half time might have been missed as the stand in captain but I think I'm clutching at straws. Got a feeling McNamara may drop a few he thought showed the least desire or feels their confidence is shattered

I don't think Archie is much of a leader. However he has been pretty solid at the back this season and if we can put out the defence which hasn't lost too many goals this season that can have an effect on the rest of the team. Don't forget that against Livvy we had a couple of regulars missing from there meant a complete shuffle round.

I appreciate the rest of the team didn't perform either but if we can be solid for a while then confidence may come back into the team. I see Balatoni and Kinniburgh may not be ready for tomorrow which is a blow. One of them beside Archie would have been good and let Cole play right back. However let's hope Archie brings some cohesion to the back. I feel if we can be solid there things will turn around for us.

Edited by Mr Bunny