Irn Bru Youth Competition

Fawlty Towers

I have not seen anything official on the SFL website but I believe that this year the competition that has run in the past to allocate £70,000 amongst the SFL clubs for youth development is going to be based on how many cans of irn bru & diet irn bru can be collected by each team.

Therefore if we start keeping our cans and getting colleagues at work to give us theirs then we might be able to get a head start on the other clubs. We have done well in the previous two competitions so lets continue that this year.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen anything official on the SFL website but I believe that this year the competition that has run in the past to allocate £70,000 amongst the SFL clubs for youth development is going to be based on how many cans of irn bru & diet irn bru can be collected by each team.

Therefore if we start keeping our cans and getting colleagues at work to give us theirs then we might be able to get a head start on the other clubs. We have done well in the previous two competitions so lets continue that this year.

There is a can collection point in the Old Main stand and that was the first I heard of it. We do live in Scotlands biggest city and its competition that Celtic and Rangers cant enter so hopefully the club will have plenty of collection points set up soon

Will find out about this tomorrow.....totally open to corruption...as was last campaign with the caps

I agree, I don't drink that much of it now but thankfully a couple of colleagues at work go through a few cans each day so I will ask them to give me their empty cans.

Probably Jaconnellis would be a good place to start round the corner from Firhill quite a few probably drinking cans with their fish and chips.

I know the Jags Trust have a good relationship with the Maryhill Community centre so perhaps they would agree to have a can collection point as well.

I'm going to give this a shot I reckon. I've got a big plastic box thing too collect them in, and will see how much ginger I can get through before the next time I'm at Firhill. No excuse for folk who do drink Barr drinks, this kind of thing is one of the positive things in Scottish Football right now, so we might as well win it. Realistically, if folk bother, we should be able to win this kind of thing quite easily. Only Dundee and Falkirk for competition as far as volume of support goes, even if most of ours doesn't bother with watching the team...

Sounds like a good opportunity to get some cash into the youth system: I love the irony of cashing in on people making unhealthy diet choices to fund a sporting academy, though! I've done my bit and added a promotional widget to the sidebar of the blog so visitors there can keep track of how we're doing.

Why is drinking Diet Juice, Water, Fruit juice and normal juice in moderation unhealthy?

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the cans are going to be normal irn bru, and the diet stuff is still full of other sweeteners like aspartame, but I was only making a daft observation! Don't worry!

There is nothing wrong with aspartame from a health perspective. I do get the point you were making but I also feel the need to be a pedant.