Just In

jags on tour

didnt see any other thread, everyone must be sick with that result today. first half we were doing ok, scored and then had about 3 or 4 corners that we had half chances from, naismith hit the bar with a header. raith didnt threaten too much in the first half they just kept pumping long balls over the top hoping baird would get on the end of.

second half we were absolutely stinking. erskine had a great chance one on one with the keeper but took it with his left foot trying to place it into the far away corner and it ended up a passback.

raith were first to every ball,and to every second ball, they were hungrier, fittier, faster, stronger, more organised and in baird they have someone who can knick a half chance and gamble on a defence fcuking up, which ours did. i think they wanted to win the match more than we did, our players couldny give two sh1ts. no-one in that team got pass marks. o donnell archie,cole and fox at the back were shite. terrible marking for their goal, soft free kick floated into the back post, no one within about 10 yards of their guy who hit a good volley in.marking was non existant. baird was buzzing about as usual causing us all problems and it was inevitable that he would score.yet again schoolboy defending, cross into the box, archie is indecisive as usual looking at fox, who is equally indecisive, baird nicks in and headers over fox. fcuking disgusting performance. what I would give for baird in my team, he causes problems and looks busy whereas dools and naismith/elliott just run about like headless chickens making half arse attempts to tackle or win the header for flick ons. 3 things were always going to happen today, raith win, baird goal and yet again grant f'n murray would stroll through the game with no-one causing him problems.

dont think the sending off would have changed anything to be honest, paton was fcuking minging in midfield as usual, offers us absolutely nothing in the middle, cant pass, cant tackle, doesnt score, fcukin waste of oxygen. i didnt see what happened but as far as i could tell the ref was giving us the free kick, paton was down holding his foot and got up and said something to the number 10, the linesman said something to the ref and he went for his back pocket, i thought the ref was going to send off their number 10, paton didnt seem to complain too much so who knows. 3 of the 4 teams underneath us all won aswell. time to go Jackie.

Edited by jags on tour

Thought we deserved to be up at half time and maybe another goal wouldnt have been undeserved. Erskine missed a great chance to put the game to bed at start of 2nd half. After that we were pretty poor. Raith won everything from then on but shoolboy defending(apologies to any schoolboys reading this) cost us 2 goals. Didnt see the sending off incident but as was said above Paton didnt protest too much.

Have to agree with the above although I though Naismith did well for the first half. His flick ons caused problems and soon as he went off we failed to hold the ball up properly. Doolan, whilst trying, cannot win a header and cannot hold the ball up. As much as I hate John Baird tonight for his diving for the foul for the first goal and lobbing fox from fully 6 yards with his winner hes a good wee player who id love to have in my team. A wee ned who wins fouls, scores goals and causes problems. A type of player we desparetly need.

Oh and have to say jackies subs were rank rotten. Bad enough taking naismith off but then cairney who is one of the few players that can shoot was a joke.

Id have loved to be a fly on the wal at half time because we went from hero to zero in 15 mins, the second half performance was god awful.

Wonder what on earth happens in these half time team talks. In the 2nd half team seemed content to fart about the back with stupid passes and invite the Raith players to close us down with no sense of urgency. We ran out of ideas and then decide to loft hopeless high balls for the rest of the game.

Not happy.

Marking for the first Raith goal was non existent. Allowing the cross to come in for the second was criminal, but by that point every Thistle fan in the ground had read the script. Terrible, terrible performance from about the 35th minute onwards. If we managed to string together 5 consecutive passes in the second half I'd be very surprised. Paton got sent off because he was having a sh*t game and getting frustrated, probably lamped the guy or something equally professional. Thanks for your contribution, Paul. Cairney probably got taken off because he'd covered pretty much all the other mistakes made in the midfield and was knackered. Only positive of the day - Raith didn't bring on Casilnuovo to score against us. Genuinely appalling 2nd half performance today. If McNamara wants to be a manager, he should get that sorted because that was a team with no management, no leadership and no responsibility.

Oh and have to say jackies subs were rank rotten. Bad enough taking naismith off but then cairney who is one of the few players that can shoot was a joke.

I wasn't too chuffed seeing Naismith go off, tho' the Fox's continuous punt out to Kai was wearing thin. If we had to pick a PotY tonight Cairney would get my vote but with both a man and a goal down we needed fresh legs and Cairney.was imo the obvious player to go off.

Another wasted journey. Is it too much to ask that the we win two games in a row, against lower league opposition?

Sickened by another gutless performance and to echo a previous point, wtf happens at half time? It was the same against Morton last week - did well in 1st half and a totally different game plan in 2nd half leading to a pi55 poor performance.

Sick to the back teeth and one of the worst times to be a Jags fan EVER.

Sick to the back teeth and one of the worst times to be a Jags fan EVER.

I respect your opinion but we're sitting 6th in a division that's probably the natural habitat of a club that draws a support of circa 2000. I myself feel we should really be playing above our current level but at the same time I've seen us play poorly at levels way below this, both in times well gone by and also quite recently.

What I do feel tho' is the combination of the repetitive nature of the league we play in combined with how average we are is mind numbingly dull. Tho' not personally for me I can understand any fans that for relief of the tedium would welcome us getting embroiled in a relegation tussle. Play as we did for much of the game today then they'll get their wish.

Still don't think it's anything like the worst time to be supporting the Jags.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

soooooo gash

We were poor in the first half an hour, but Raith are a terrible side so poor was good enough. Therefater, though, as feeble and gutless a performance as we've put in all season - and given the competition for that accolade that's saying something.

Naismith up front looked okay in the first half, Cairney was okay-ish for much of the game, the rest were between rank and utterly woeful.

Special mention to Paton, though. I was defending him on another thread the other night, but that was by some way his worst performance for some time. Really poor, Paul.

Finally, that's NINE points Raith have taken off us this year. Come on, Jackie: that peg is starting to look a bit shoogily...

didnt see any other thread, everyone must be sick with that result today. first half we were doing ok, scored and then had about 3 or 4 corners that we had half chances from, naismith hit the bar with a header. raith didnt threaten too much in the first half they just kept pumping long balls over the top hoping baird would get on the end of.

second half we were absolutely stinking. erskine had a great chance one on one with the keeper but took it with his left foot trying to place it into the far away corner and it ended up a passback.

raith were first to every ball,and to every second ball, they were hungrier, fittier, faster, stronger, more organised and in baird they have someone who can knick a half chance and gamble on a defence fcuking up, which ours did. i think they wanted to win the match more than we did, our players couldny give two sh1ts. no-one in that team got pass marks. o donnell archie,cole and fox at the back were shite. terrible marking for their goal, soft free kick floated into the back post, no one within about 10 yards of their guy who hit a good volley in.marking was non existant. baird was buzzing about as usual causing us all problems and it was inevitable that he would score.yet again schoolboy defending, cross into the box, archie is indecisive as usual looking at fox, who is equally indecisive, baird nicks in and headers over fox. fcuking disgusting performance. what I would give for baird in my team, he causes problems and looks busy whereas dools and naismith/elliott just run about like headless chickens making half arse attempts to tackle or win the header for flick ons. 3 things were always going to happen today, raith win, baird goal and yet again grant f'n murray would stroll through the game with no-one causing him problems.

dont think the sending off would have changed anything to be honest, paton was fcuking minging in midfield as usual, offers us absolutely nothing in the middle, cant pass, cant tackle, doesnt score, fcukin waste of oxygen. i didnt see what happened but as far as i could tell the ref was giving us the free kick, paton was down holding his foot and got up and said something to the number 10, the linesman said something to the ref and he went for his back pocket, i thought the ref was going to send off their number 10, paton didnt seem to complain too much so who knows. 3 of the 4 teams underneath us all won aswell. time to go Jackie.

That's an accurate summary. The failure to mark was O'Donnell's fault; where the hell was he? Archie and Fox looking at each other as the ball bounced in the 6-yard box; no understanding and no communication (until then I thought that Archie at least was getting a pass-mark). Defeat was definitely snatched from the jaws of victory. Of course if we could make any use of corners we would have been well in front by half-time, but Cairney's corners are bowfin'. Nothing went right for Cairney; he seemed to be getting clogged up in midfield alongside Rowson and Paton. Our midfield tactics seemed to consist either of keepie-up ping-pong headers or half-arsed attempts to tackle and prod the ball to somebody 2 yards away, inevitably to lose out to a hungrier and more determined Rovers player.

One shot on target, I think, from Erskine in the 2nd half (so much for all the practice shooting before the match started). Even Doolan's scoring shot was going nowhere until it deflected off the Rovers player.

And what the hell has happened to O'Donnell and Sinclair? At the start of the season they were both good at surging runs down the flank and right into the opposition penalty box. Now they're both loath to cross the half-way line, and look nothing other than part-time 2nd division players. I'm guessing this is down to McNamara telling them what to do, and basically ruining them.

Edited to add: Paton was 100% anonymous. Getting himself sent off was the only way he was ever going to get remembered in this match.

While I'm at it: the two h u n s: are they really a positive influence on our team at this stage of the season? Do we really have nothing of similar standard of our own? If not, then we are indeed in poor shape.

Another edit: Must have been 500 supporters at least, though no singing even when we were ahead. The team is killing us off!

Edited by Jaggernaut

Set pieces are killing us.For one we cant defend against free kicks into the box and corners are a total bombscare and two our own set pieces are a total joke.we seem to have two options at a free kick,either let someone blast it high over the bar or roll it to someone and waste whatever chance we had of scoring.I would love to know what they discuss and practice in training.

Set pieces are killing us.For one we cant defend against free kicks into the box and corners are a total bombscare and two our own set pieces are a total joke.we seem to have two options at a free kick,either let someone blast it high over the bar or roll it to someone and waste whatever chance we had of scoring.I would love to know what they discuss and practice in training.

At one free kick we had yesterday in the 2nd half it was one of those elaborate affairs that ended up with the ball being rolled sideways to Cairney, but he was so far away and the ball passed so slowly that the entire Raith defence had run out to snuff out any shot that Cairney could possibly attempt by the time he got the ball. Embarrassing!

Guest fredthecheesecloth

This performance was VERY partick thistle.

Game started slowly, but we came into it and had a couple of chances before we scored a well worked goal. Just after the goal we enjoyed a good spell of pressure, hit the bar through Naismith, but didn't get that all important second goal. All in all very reasonable.

The second half was terrible. Erskine missed a sitter, after a good move involving David Rowson who was the only player who bothered turning up in the second half. Both the Raith goals were ghastly. The freekick was debatable for the first goal, and the marking was atrocious. There were 2 men completely unmarked. Good finish, but basic errors. So sloppy.

The came a moment of madness from Paton. He is a clown, lacks discipline, and should get fined. The second goal was again horrid defending, cultimating in Fox coming halfway and getting lobbed, by a header, by a guy who is about 3 foot high. Baird is a super wee player, I would love to see him with us.

After the goal Jackie kicked a water bottle (very lightly), Most passion that plank of wood has shown since he took over. Team were horrible after the second goal, No fight, no tackles, no chances. Really sickening.

The thing that sickened me most about the whole game was the behaviour of Assunta Kerr and co in the backrow. I have never heard so much nonsense come out of someones mouth (apart from mine). Her and her clique dribbled away the whole second half, tearing every player to shreds. I am sure I remember Assunta being very 'pro' Thistle for years, she has probably received literally hundreds of complimentary tickets/merchandise, and maybe even cash IF the stories about her daughter are to be believed. If she has been RIGHTLY toid to curtail her involvement she should behave like a normal fan, not conduct loud negative conversations for all and sundry to hear.

To conclude, jury is now seriously out on Jackie McNamara.

Highlights from the Raith site. http://www.raithrove...id=1069& type=11

Paton stuck the nut in, deserved the red, think its done is a favour for Hamilton game mind.

Edit: watched it more times, their number 10 looks to kick out at Paton surely if the linesman saw it right tehy should both be going off?

Edited by harryragbags

Paton is a total ****** *********, bloody amazed people think he's any sort of excuse for a pro footballer.

I mentioned this the other day in another thread, how the **** is this diddy getting a game in our midfield? You can get away with being a chump at right back, as he hides behind lumping it up the line every week, but to play in midfield even in a league as poor as ours, you have to be a far better footballer than that tosser will ever be

Edited by chunky jag

Paton is a total ****** *********, bloody amazed people think he's any sort of excuse for a pro footballer.

I mentioned this the other day in another thread, how the **** is this diddy getting a game in our midfield? You can get away with being a chump at right back, as he hides behind lumping it up the line every week, but to play in midfield even in a league as poor as ours, you have to be a far better footballer than that tosser will ever be

That would be the same player who just won player on the month?

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Got to agree with chunky, PP is insanely over-rated.

Some of his passing at Raith on saturday (I can think of at least 3 passes either straight out of play or lumps straight to the keeper) which showed exactly why he isn't a midfielder. At the risk of repeating myself, his one footedness is beyond a joke.

He should be stripped of this 'award' (seriously, how can we be giving anyone an award with the form we are in), fined, and dropped.

Edited by fredthecheesecloth

The thing that sickened me most about the whole game was the behaviour of Assunta Kerr and co in the backrow. I have never heard so much nonsense come out of someones mouth (apart from mine). Her and her clique dribbled away the whole second half, tearing every player to shreds. I am sure I remember Assunta being very 'pro' Thistle for years, she has probably received literally hundreds of complimentary tickets/merchandise, and maybe even cash IF the stories about her daughter are to be believed. If she has been RIGHTLY toid to curtail her involvement she should behave like a normal fan, not conduct loud negative conversations for all and sundry to hear..

The same thing happened at culter. It's a bit ridiculous to be honest. Not something we need.

That confirms only 2 things, we must have been so bad recently for a player like that to be considered our best player of the month, and that majority of people who vote do not know the difference between offside and full time.

Edited by chunky jag