Mates Rates

gettingjaggy

Want to renew Jagger. I know things have not been great (though I've not agreed they are as bad as some would have us believe) but I've always felt that some good times or at least better times could be round the corner. I'd like to be part of that. Just have to see what I can afford as the Liverpool trips are putting a strain on my finances but they are more important.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha, I suggested exactly this "Mates Rates" thing a couple of years ago (everything but the name).

Great initiatives by the club this time around. Let's hope that a lot of people who might not normally have bought a season ticket will be persuaded.

There seems to be a fair bit of this at Firhill these days -- ideas that have been previously passed to the ivory tower only for them to be rejected out of hand are now seeing the light of day. This iniative, and others, give me hope that there is a genuine willingness to engage coming out of the Club these days, which is extremely good to see.

Of course it's ultimately down to each of us to support these schemes to make sure they're a success and are repeated in future years. In the meantime, well done to all involved.

Another terrific idea, as well as the 100 quid season tickets for 16-18 year olds.

Thoroughly impressed by the One Thistle initiative so far. Genuinely believe the club might be turning the corner now for the better. :happy2:

Another terrific idea, as well as the 100 quid season tickets for 16-18 year olds.

Thoroughly impressed by the One Thistle initiative so far. Genuinely believe the club might be turning the corner now for the better. :happy2:

It's listening and being proactive. That can't be a bad thing. Hopefully they will keep things moving along. Want to keep the momentum going. Do think we, as fans, have to show some patience though. It won't all turn brilliant over night. We're off to a good start.

Team have a huge part to play in this. Can't serve up the same performances , particularly in the cups, as they did this season. Cup run early next season would go some way to building on the feel good factor. First things first though. Don't lose on Saturday.

• Members

Great initiative! I'd like to see the 5 match/10 match tickets as well now. Working away from home a lot this coming 12 months or so, so wont be renewing this year. But when I'm home I'll be at Firhill if we're at home. A 10 match ticket would fit the bill perfectly for me. These could also be valid for Cup games, save on some of the queues at the ticket office prior to the game. Hopefully the Club can get this off the ground next.

It is a breath of fresh air to see these initiatives. By themselves they may not increase the regular attendance by much, but if they lead to increased and earlier uptake of season tickets, then that's a big positive. Then get the team playing well and winning, and the crowds will start to increase.

Absolutely brilliant idea for season ticket sales: http://www.ptfc.co.u...ags_next_season

Clever use of social buying concept minus the admin and percentage cuts those companies take!

A great idea by the club. I only wish I had five friends.

Excuse me ...

cry.gif

If one, teensy, "criticism", is i'd like to have seen the club offer an "early-bird" ST - buy before end of April, and get your ST margainally cheaper - say by £15 or £20. Coupled with the other "good positive feelgood factor" news this week, such an earlybird option would have seen imo, a substantial takeup this month (and not only from current ST holders), and would, imo, have resulted in an overall higher sales of STs by August. But as i said at start, its just a small critique, no biggy or slating the club.

That's a good point. An 'early bird' rate might be something the club should consider for next season. At least they have frozen the season ticket prices from last season though.

It is, providing that people falling in to that age bracket feel it is worth their while purchasing a ST. When I was that age I was at college and my weekends were spent in McJob hell, rather than at the fitba.

Guy...not sure what you mean?

Me and the husband are going to buy season tickets for next season thanks to a combination of this and staggered payments. Using my Grandpa's "referral" so he can get a discount as he would be renewing anyway. I think it's a good scheme.

There's no need to rub it in. It isn't very nice being lonely, you know. :(

P.S - I was only kidding, I actually have plenty of friends. Most of them are tight-fisted bassas who aren't all that interested in football though, unfortunately!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hopefully there has been a good response to this and the club are getting money in earlier as that will help Jackie in his efforts to get the squad he wants in place.

Livingston are doing a different scheme but something that they are doing which I would like to see us do is a totaliser on the official site so you can see how sales are progressing.

Livingston are doing a different scheme but something that they are doing which I would like to see us do is a totaliser on the official site so you can see how sales are progressing.

A tee-totaliser might also be useful, to show how many of us turn to drink through watching Thistle.

I don't really see what the fuss is: win a halftime ticket draw to compete at penalties, send Ryan the wrong way a few times and bingo - a free season ticket. :innocent2: Sadly, the older son and heir has decided to go and watch some minor foreign cloggers next season - the Bundesliga, I think they call themselves. :thumbdown: