Thanks, have we had any clarification on whether Kinniburgh is staying or joining the police next season? Some people are saying he is definitely going whilst others are equally sure that he is staying.

i never got chance to speak to Willie so I can't say one way or another.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, I've taken the liberty of doing this again. I think everything on it is correct and up-to-date and if not I can edit it and add in new information. It would maybe be a good idea to copy and paste this onto the first post of this thread, or a new topic could be opened - you decide - but this is the squad list for next season. If it does go on the main post, it would be good if you could keep it up-to-date and in the same format, but I can stick it in it's own thread if needs be (I can close it so it doesn't get messy, but I can edit it and it can be pinned at the top)

Partick Thistle Squad List 2012/2013

Goalkeepers

Scott Fox (24) (May 2013)

Ryan Scully (19) (May 2013)

Defenders

Alan Archibald (34) (May 2013)

Conrad Balatoni (21) (May 2014)

Willie Kinniburgh (27) (May 2013)

Jonathan Lindsey (19) (May 2013)

Stephen O'Donnell (20) (May 2013)

Aaron Muirhead (22) (May 2014) - Signed from Annan Athletic

Paul Paton (24) (May 2013)

Aaron Sinclair (21) (May 2014)

Midfielders

Stuart Bannigan (19) (May 2013)

Jamie Campbell (20) (May 2013)

Simon Donnelly (37) ?

Chris Erskine (25) (May 2013)

Steven Lawless (21) (May 2014) - Signed from Motherwell

Hugh Murray (33) (May 2014) - Signed from St. Mirren

David Rowson (35) (May 2013)

Forwards

Kris Doolan (25) (May 2013)

Christie Elliot (20) (May 2013)

Shaun Fraser (18) (May 2013)

Mark McGuigan (23) (May 2014)

Modern Apprentice U19's

GK - James Wightman (May 2013)

DF - David Brown (May 2013)

DF - Aaron Sekhon (May 2013)

MF - Mark Burbridge (May 2013)

MF - Bradley Halsman (19) (May 2013)

MF - Dale Keenan (May 2013)

MF - Malcolm McLean (May 2013)

MF - Jordan Moffat (May 2013)

MF - David Wilson (May 2013)

FW - Jonathon Black (May 2013)

*ages and contract expiry dates should be correct as of 13/5/2012*

Expiring Contracts (-2012)

DF- Chris Ketterer (19)

DF- Scott Robertson (24)

DF- Colin Stevenson (19)

MF- Paul Cairney (24)

FW- Jordan McGrotty (18)

Expired contracts

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Gavin Griffin

Midfielders

Ryan MacBeth

Forwards

Kieran Burns

Tommy Stewart

Edited by Smurph

Right, I've taken the liberty of doing this again. I think everything on it is correct and up-to-date and if not I can edit it and add in new information. It would maybe be a good idea to copy and paste this onto the first post of this thread, or a new topic could be opened - you decide - but this is the squad list for next season. If it does go on the main post, it would be good if you could keep it up-to-date and in the same format, but I can stick it in it's own thread if needs be (I can close it so it doesn't get messy, but I can edit it and it can be pinned at the top)

Partick Thistle Squad List 2012/2013

Goalkeepers

Scott Fox (24) (May 2013)

Ryan Scully (19) (May 2013)

Defenders

Alan Archibald (34) (May 2013)

Conrad Balatoni (21) (May 2014)

Willie Kinniburgh (27) (May 2013)

Jonathan Lindsey (19) (May 2013)

Stephen O'Donnell (19) (May 2013)

Paul Paton (24) (May 2013)

Aaron Sinclair (21) (May 2014)

Midfielders

Stuart Bannigan (19) (May 2013)

Jamie Campbell (20) (May 2013)

Simon Donnelly (37) ?

Chris Erskine (25) (May 2013)

David Rowson (35) (May 2013)

Forwards

Kris Doolan (25) (May 2013)

Christie Elliot (20) (May 2013)

Shaun Fraser (18) (May 2013)

Mark McGuigan (23) (May 2014)

Modern Apprentice U19's

GK - James Wightman (May 2013)

DF - David Brown (May 2013)

DF - Aaron Sekhon (May 2013)

MF - Mark Burbridge (May 2013)

MF - Bradley Halsman (19) (May 2013)

MF - Dale Keenan (May 2013)

MF - Malcolm McLean (May 2013)

MF - Jordan Moffat (May 2013)

MF - David Wilson (May 2013)

FW - Jonathon Black (May 2013)

*ages and contract expiry dates should be correct as of 13/5/2012*

Expiring Contracts (-2012)

DF- Chris Ketterer (19)

DF- Scott Robertson (24)

DF- Colin Stevenson (19)

MF- Paul Cairney (24)

FW- Jordan McGrotty (18)

Expired contracts

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Gavin Griffin

Midfielders

Ryan MacBeth

Forwards

Kieran Burns

Tommy Stewart

you'll be editing it tomorrow ! Oh and O'Donnell is now 20.

Cheers.

Yeah, I know, but doing this much today saves more faffing about tomorrow.

McGrotty's contract expires in 2012 - which is why he's in the expiring contracts section. Nothing has been confirmed about his departure yet.

Edited by Smurph

Lenny do you think Jackie is resigned to losing Welsh or is he still optimistic that he can get him?

Both Jackie and Maxi seemed optimistic. Though I appreciate until any deal is done they will be cagey in what they say.

As for the other comment by 1JL........... :yellow_card:

Edited by lennythistle

It's not Robertson. Jackie will have to wait to later in pre season to see if we can offer Robertson a deal. There is also the young irish winger who is out of contract. Same applies with him. Have to wait and see what funds are available.

I would have thought Roberson had done enough to enough to earn a new deal. Apart from Livi he has been good at the back.

Looks like you been busy asking questions yesterday Lenny!

Would love to say but we've came in under the radar for him. Nobody has even linked us with the player in question and I suspect he is the one Paton is referring to in his tweet.

I wouldn't say we've come in under the radar for Hugh Murray! We've been linked with him since St Mirren announced his release. Or am I missing something?

I wouldn't say we've come in under the radar for Hugh Murray! We've been linked with him since St Mirren announced his release. Or am I missing something?

I think we're all missing something. If we're signing 3 new players today (just over a week since the season ended), offering contracts to Welsh and Baird, extending the contracts of several players (some presumably on better terms) AND losing a 6 figure sum of money from the Warriors...were's the money coming from? MacDonald really coming on board and investing in the team? We know we're getting a big fee for Sinclair? Or, and this is my favourite option, taking the Rangers approach and spending money we don't have to get to the SPL then going bust (at the right time) so we can start afresh but retain our place in the SPL ;) (ok, that last option was tongue in cheek, I'd be ashamed if Thistle done that).

I think we're all missing something. If we're signing 3 new players today (just over a week since the season ended), offering contracts to Welsh and Baird, extending the contracts of several players (some presumably on better terms) AND losing a 6 figure sum of money from the Warriors...were's the money coming from? MacDonald really coming on board and investing in the team? We know we're getting a big fee for Sinclair? Or, and this is my favourite option, taking the Rangers approach and spending money we don't have to get to the SPL then going bust (at the right time) so we can start afresh but retain our place in the SPL ;) (ok, that last option was tongue in cheek, I'd be ashamed if Thistle done that).

Think you need to have a look at your avatar :thumbsup2:

Think you need to have a look at your avatar :thumbsup2:

He has a point though. I don't understand where the money is coming from which justifies the apparently glowing financial results we have had recently (as repeatedly mentioned by Jordanhill Jag on here and David Beattie in the press), and which is funding signing/re-signing lots of players with only one senior player leaving. I'm not necessarily complaining, it would just be nice to know who/what is funding it.

Well right now you are looking at:

Out: Four - Stewart, Burns, Griffin, Cairney

In: Three - Murray, Muirhead, Lawless - ?

Who knows - Robertson, various youngsters

Contracts offered - Baird, Welsh

I'd doubt Lawless and Muirhead as youngsters would be on much different to Burns and Griffin, Murray similar(ish) to Stewart. Then it all depends on other things. Is Kinniburgh going? Will the remaining out of contract players get offers? I'd also possibly suggest some of the new additions to the BoD within the last couple of years may be providing the finance to try and prize the likes of Baird. We've naturally got less money coming in without the Warriors.

It isn't McDonald by the way. He is still a shareholder at Hamilton IIRC, he has just stepped down from the BoD.

Edited by MWM