What a surprise you and another one of your 'my alleged obsessions post'. Seems to be everytime I post your then posting about who you are accusing me of being obsessed with. Seems to me your the one whose becoming a bit obsessed with a fixation on who I am supposedly obsessed with.

For the record I ain't obsessed with anyone am happily married thanks to my wife who is the centre of my life and before you start she is not called Liam Or Damon or whatever obsession you think I have that is fast becoming an obsession of yours.

Just a wee joke pal!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This. Wouldn't touch Buchanan with a bargepole. A player firmly on a downward curve. Thanks Liam, but no thanks.

Wouldn't entirely agree with that, think the Pars fans hoping he signs a new deal with them shows he still has potential. In contrast Morton fans do not seem as bothered as to whether they hold onto MacDonald or not, despite him being there top scorer possibly tells a bit of a story there.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

What a surprise you and another one of your 'my alleged obsessions post'. Seems to be everytime I post your then posting about who you are accusing me of being obsessed with. Seems to me your the one whose becoming a bit obsessed with a fixation on who I am supposedly obsessed with.

For the record I ain't obsessed with anyone am happily married thanks to my wife who is the centre of my life and before you start she is not called Liam Or Damon or whatever obsession you think I have that is fast becoming an obsession of yours.

This post is great.

Buchanan did seem to have a good end to last season, however it would be a backwards move for both him and us if he were to come back. Buchanan gets into good positions but his finishing is poor, and lately we haven't been generating enough chances for someone like him who needs a few chances before a goal. I'm happy with the much more clinical Doolan and our other forwards who suit more support type roles. One more player like Doolan would be amazing though.

Pat.

Buchanan did seem to have a good end to last season, however it would be a backwards move for both him and us if he were to come back. Buchanan gets into good positions but his finishing is poor, and lately we haven't been generating enough chances for someone like him who needs a few chances before a goal. I'm happy with the much more clinical Doolan and our other forwards who suit more support type roles. One more player like Doolan would be amazing though.

Ah, but that will change next season; wait and see!

Somehow I don't see Buchanan coming back to us, but if he did I wouldn't complain.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Is this you targeting Third Lanark now? You do go for us handsome types – but try to tone it down a bit please? We all know you were barred from Firhill because of your obsessional love messages to Paul Paton and Balatoni. :shok:

I didn't pass comment, and I didn't consider who the individual making the post was. I was purely enjoying the repetition.

And the the rest of that post....do I hear the word "troll"?

Edited by fredthecheesecloth

for what it's worth i watched buchanan score against St Mirren at the end of last season in a 4 4 draw. Think there was 4 ex jags in the pars team, without Boyle being involved.

Buchanan looked ok, and took his goal really well, if anything i'd imagine maybe Hibs looking at him, if he was to leave the pars. don't think he would move to another 1st div team, especially us, as he would imagine staying with the pars is his best option of returning to the SPL (outwith moving to an SPL team in the close season).

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Andrew I was under the impression you thought that way for all my posts :innocent:

I always enjoy a Third Lanark post! Sometimes I agree, sometimes I don't, thats the nature of a forum.

Particularly enjoyed you confirming that your wife is not called Damon or Liam, and glad to hear married life is treating you well :thumbsup2:

Boyle and Barrowman have been told they are free to find new clubs. Always quite liked Barrowman although in general his goal record isn't particularly good at any level above second division, but he's quite an intelligent player with a physical presence, although perhaps that's McGuigan's role. I think we need someone to take the scoring burden off Doolan's shoulders a bit with Cairney gone, I'd be happy to see MacDonald sign up.

Cairney expected to sign tomorrow or Friday for the hivees.

Rumour on another internet football forum suggests Alan Trouten has been invited for pre-season training.

I seem to remember McCall wanting to sign him and Kettlewell a few years back, however Clyde were able to offer them both higher wages. Though that was one of the reasons they started to run into major debt issues

I would be very surprised if we were interested in Alan Trouten.

He's a Jags fan. He was on Paton's twitter a few weeks back begging him to put a good word in to Jackie. I'd be surprised if we signed him too though, didn't he knock us back to sign for Clyde as they offered more money?

Edited to include, didn't notice Third Lanark making exactly the same point.

Edited by GrantB

He's a Jags fan. He was on Paton's twitter a few weeks back begging him to put a good word in to Jackie. I'd be surprised if we signed him too though, didn't he knock us back to sign for Clyde as they offered more money?

He did.