Hugh Murray Signs

stuthejag

The best worst kept secret in thistle history.

Bloody over the moon.

Have him sitting behind a midfield 2 or a defensive midfielder in a 4.

We have won a watch with this, not just on the park but what a guy to have in the dressing room!!!

Just the type of player we have needed since Hutton left us. Great signing

Just the type of player we have needed since Hutton left us. Great signing

This, not so sure about his passing ability but a good solid defensive midfield, and will allow Rowson to focus on attack. Rowson is good box to box but I think he often has too much to do and Murray should provide good defensive cover.

This, not so sure about his passing ability but a good solid defensive midfield, and will allow Rowson to focus on attack. Rowson is good box to box but I think he often has too much to do and Murray should provide good defensive cover.

Great start to the close season. Welcome to Firhill Hugh.

The best worst kept secret in thistle history.

Bloody over the moon.

Have him sitting behind a midfield 2 or a defensive midfielder in a 4.

We have won a watch with this, not just on the park but what a guy to have in the dressing room!!!

Agree completely with you Dave a great signing a legend at St Mirren and very possible going to be a legend here. Is he your Damon Gray? :thumbsup2:

TL

Haha having seen him quite a few times when thistle were away from home. I can't describe how good a signing this is.

It's no small sign of what regard buddies hold Murray in when there is 4 threads running on the st mirren forum about him signing for us and they are all over the moon for us and him.

Make no bones about it, a signing like this is one you would expect the dundee's etc to make. So for us to do it is going to create some buzz about the place.

If we can add a couple more. With experience, we could really challenge next year.

Time for thistle to get tough, get a final ball, a cutting edge. And for us to get behind it.

Edited by potty trained

TL

Haha having seen him quite a few times when thistle were away from home. I can't describe how good a signing this is.

It's no small sign of what regard buddies hold Murray in when there is 4 threads running on the st mirren forum about him signing for us and they are all over the moon for us and him.

Make no bones about it, a signing like this is one you would expect the dundee's etc to make. So for us to do it is going to create some buzz about the place.

If we can add a couple more. With experience, we could really challenge next year.

Time for thistle to get tough, get a final ball, a cutting edge. And for us to get behind it.

Good to hear this, even if the source is somewhat unreliable :P . Do you think he will bring some much needed leadership and 'losing ain't an option' mentality to the team?

TL

Well said Dave :thumbsup2:

Most St Mirren fans seem absolutely gutted to have lost him. Think Maxi played a big part in getting him signed up with the Jags

Great signing. Very much a Lambie-like signing.

Yes that's a good way of putting it.

Very pleased with this signing. I think at a stroke Jackie can now concentrate on bringing in young hopefuls. I thought we needed an experienced player and also someone with a real winning mentality, By signing Hugh we've got both qualities.

Not sure how Murray, Rowson & Paton all fit into a midfield with the system we've been playing but I'm sure it'll come clearer soon enough.

Good signing, welcome to Firhill!

How will the midfield work? Paton, Rowson & Murray would be limited going forward, Rowson probably the advanced of that 3. Welsh would work well with Murray & Paton/Rowson, defo think we need a creative player in the midfield 3. Maybe Rowson will be more of a squad player next season?

Good signing, welcome to Firhill!

How will the midfield work? Paton, Rowson & Murray would be limited going forward, Rowson probably the advanced of that 3. Welsh would work well with Murray & Paton/Rowson, defo think we need a creative player in the midfield 3. Maybe Rowson will be more of a squad player next season?

Jaggy said he wanted players to be fighting for a place in the team, looks like he's trying to sign the players to do just that. Hope we get Welsh.