Who Remembers The Master?

Lindau

I'm too young to have experienced this, but whenever I read about Bates I still manage to get angry. Had he been a reasonably sane person we could still have an association with Chelsea (though he miight not have bothered investing in the first place), and be Europa League champions. The infliction of DJ on us seems an incredibly stupid decision beyond any comprehension.

There was good parts to The Masters time at Firhill, namely Colin West and Wurzel McNaught. Wee Westy was a crackin player. Also The Master bailed us out when no one was interested in buying the club. Down side was obviously Johnstone as the manager. Probably the worst manager ever seen at Firhill

In fairness Johnstone no more wanted to be our manager than we wanted him to be

Cant quite fathom that one out. If he didnt want the job, he could easily have said NO!! Maybe he got wind of the Ashoka sponsorship and the free curries and that swayed the decision...lol

Edited by Lindau

There was a game at Firhill during this period when Morton beat us 5-1(i think) and Fat boy Johnstone started off playing in midfield .That performance is easily in the top five worse ever Thistle performances I've ever seen.

Given the money and loan he gave us ,if he had kept Bertie the history of the club could have been so different.

Westy though, crackin player, didn't he go back from us to Chelsea and score the winner against Arsenal?

Edited by angry gaz

Wurzel rip :(

Indeed...I went to Wurzels funeral in Hamilton. Lambie, Collins and McParland were all in tears and Kevin McAllister was inconsolible. Chelsea sent about 5 players up for the funeral. Tragic that he died so young

Edited by Lindau

John McNaught was a player in the Roy Aitken mould. I will always remember him going tonto in the back of the net after scoring a very late equalizer against Forfar in the Scottish Cup in 1988.

Edited by ACAB

John McNaught was a player in the Roy Aitken mould. I will always remember him going tonto in the back of the net after scoring a very late equalizer against Forfar in the Scottish Cup in 1988.

Remember that goal well....wonderful!!