Anwar Apology

Jagsman

I emailed him this morning, one of many I guess he's received over the past day or 2. I'm glad he's been reasonably quick to address this. Like Jaggernaut, I hope his retraction and apology is as public as his 'wholly factually incorrect' comment.

Edited by Steven H

If he has aspirations to be a top lawyer (is that oxymoron?) then I suppose an accusation of being a lazy journalist might count against him - I suspect, however, the apology is the least he can do.

Makes you wonder how many people have been hanged, burnt at the stake, etc. etc. because of "lawyers" not checking their facts before making accusations!

i remember bumping into him one day in '93 (he shared a student flat with a mate) and he was the archtypal marxist trot full of sh*t

- thought he was a bit of a c*ck then albeit a bit cliched and harmless - good to see he held onto his principles and is writing for the s*un

the defence rests

A friend of mine has come across him a few times in his line of job. He likes/liked playing the 'race' card in court especially in his younger days when he was defending drink drivers.

Personally I welcome his apology but a donation to a charity of Thistle's choice would be more welcome.

A friend of mine has come across him a few times in his line of job. He likes/liked playing the 'race' card in court especially in his younger days when he was defending drink drivers.

Personally I welcome his apology but a donation to a charity of Thistle's choice would be more welcome.

He's a lawyer. His job is to play whatever card best benefits his client.

It was nice to find out he had retracted his foolish statement before I found out he had made a foolish statement. :thumbsup2:

He is a "rent a gob" in the mould of Tommy Sheridan. The kind of person who turns ordinary joe away from any of his campaigns which are always centred round him. As my late and great Grandpa would declare about people like him and many others "He says he's for the ordinary man but he's got more money than me and you put together and some more".

I was surprised to notice that I went to school with his wife when I saw a picture in the paper months back. Below is something which for two lawyers I find unsettling.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/lawyers-branded-not-credible-as-woman-is-cleared-of-racial-abuse-1-1073309

He's a lawyer. His job is to play whatever card best benefits his client.

Except by continually playing the race card on behalf of his clients (who, incidentally, almost always seem to come from ethnic minority backgrounds) he actually devalues the seriousness of racism and ends up looking like the brief who cried wolf.

He is a "rent a gob" in the mould of Tommy Sheridan. The kind of person who turns ordinary joe away from any of his campaigns which are always centred round him. As my late and great Grandpa would declare about people like him and many others "He says he's for the ordinary man but he's got more money than me and you put together and some more".

I was surprised to notice that I went to school with his wife when I saw a picture in the paper months back. Below is something which for two lawyers I find unsettling.

http://www.scotsman....abuse-1-1073309

The incident in that link just about sums him up: a minor road traffic accident coverted into a racial incident. I am surprised he didn't try and get that poor office manager charged with driving her vehicle with racist intent! Thanks to him, a woman who's salary I doubt neither Anwar would get out of bed for - I'd be surprised if it was a Vauxhall Corsa Mrs Anwar was driving - gets to spend seven hours in a police cell, is formally (and wrongly) charged with racial abuse and dragged through the courts. And all this engineered by a man who likes to portray himself as a defender of the underdog!

His ex-pal Tommy Sheridan at least once genuinley had the intrests of the common man at heart, before his gaze was turned by two for one designer suits, sunbeds and Anvar Khan. Anwar has only ever been in it for himself and inflicting his own peculiar agenda on the world. I mean, what kind of statement is this from someone who claims to be anti-racism?:

But the 36-year-old – who admitted making the comment – denied being racist and claimed Mr Anwar had said to her: "Just like you white people."

Yep, he comes out of this almost whiter than white.

careful_now.jpg

He'll have you for that!

Fair play to him, that was a decent apology and one which I didn't initially expect him to make. It takes guts to admit when you are wrong, although since the evidence was overwhelming he could hardly pretend otherwise, not without looking like a complete loony anyway.

It looks like my wee character assassination hit a raw nerve though, since he decided to quote my earlier post from this thread in his article. Fame at last!