Jackie Mcnamara On Off The Ball Today

jagfox

Afraid we will probably get club policy here but will be delighted to be proved wrong!!

Jackie has already had his say on yet another part of the Southside Scandal

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/06/20/ex-celtic-star-jackie-mcnamara-i-would-take-no-pleasure-in-seeing-rangers-stripped-of-their-winners-medals-86908-23898362/

Beattie and Mcnamara should be keeping quiet on the whole situation and see what develops.

All what has been achieved so far is stopping people buy season tickets.

Correct. Not the best bit of business by the Chairman, it has to be said.

Having said that, if he were to come out with a statement now to the effect that based on Thistle fans' comments, PTFC would not support an automatic entry into Div. 1 (or a newly named though essentially unchanged SPL2), then there would probably be a surge in season-ticket sales.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Jackie says Beattie has been misinterpreted over his statement according to a reply to a text sent to OTB

Total rubbish from Jackie. I understand if he is covering for Beattie but I would like to hear in what way his several points on the matter have been misinterpreted.

Jackie did start off by saying he was against Rangers in the first and has said that all through the programme so far.

What did you expect with the Beattie question ? No way on earth is he gonna call out his chairman on national radio IMO. Fudged it pretty well tbh , although I think Chris jack at the Eventing Times may be getting a lack of stories from Thistle for a wee while.

I might have misheard this but I thought Jackie mentioned a 23 club in favour vote was required in the SFL to allow the newco into the first. That's a 75%+ vote. Even if we thought it the greatest idea under the sun to vote them into Div 1 surely we could only muster 9 votes in favour? Why would any of the 20 Div2 & 3 club chairmen want to miss out on newco visiting their leagues?

I might have misheard this but I thought Jackie mentioned a 23 club in favour vote was required in the SFL to allow the newco into the first. That's a 75%+ vote. Even if we thought it the greatest idea under the sun to vote them into Div 1 surely we could only muster 9 votes in favour? Why would any of the 20 Div2 & 3 club chairmen want to miss out on newco visiting their leagues?

Apart from public health concerns, it's not obvious.

Why would any of the 20 Div2 & 3 club chairmen want to miss out on newco visiting their leagues?

Not answering your question, but wouldn't it be terrible/funny if you were a 2nd div chairman who voted for Newco to start in division 3, only to get relegated as Rangers get promoted?

Not answering your question, but wouldn't it be terrible/funny if you were a 2nd div chairman who voted for Newco to start in division 3, only to get relegated as Rangers get promoted?

Thinking of any sevco 5088 supporting Airdrie Utd chairman in particular? :P