Raith Rovers

Are they though? It's worded very carefully & I take from it that if the concessions are right they may vote yes. Similar to what the Falkirk chairman said also, he didn't say a straight no as people say he did on here, it was a no on a newco in the current structure.

What the Falkirk chairman said was actually, in my opinion, very similar to what David Beattie said. Our chairman is not for a newco in the 1st under the current structure but if the concessions are right he may be (that is what I took from it), I agree with that & it is basically what the Falkirk chairman said also.

Pretty clear statement

"Raith Rovers FC continues to closely monitor developments in the saga of who will replace the liquidated Rangers within Scottish football.

As proud members of the Scottish Football League, we may soon be called upon to consider proposals for the way forward not only in relation to any vacancy that may arise in our league but also in respect of the future construction of the game in Scotland.

Whilst we retain an open mind on the subject of league reconstruction, and will carefully consider any proposal put to us by the SFL board in this regard, the board of directors of Raith Rovers FC is unanimous in its view that we shall certainly not cast our vote in favour of any integrated plan that in our view compromises sporting integrity by involving the admission of any ‘Newco’ directly into Division One."

That seems to be unambiguous. A case for reform can easily be made but it's one that is pursued entirely seperate from the future of the Rangers newco who should apply to the SFL as a new club seeking to enter at the bottom level.

I am absolutely against any mixing up of these issues, and certainly anything that as a consequence treats the Rangers newco any more leniently than I've described above.

Sporting integrity is sporting integrity. Anything that allows the Rangers newco access to anything other than SFL3 is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I won't be happy until such times as Thistle make a similar statement to that from Raith Rovers.

The funny one was the journalist on the radio on Saturday afternoon (Dougie Alexander, I think) who said there wouldn't be enough time to make all the changes to the league structure in time for thenew season, but if they put newco in Div 1 and added play-offs and promised to do the rest later, that should be good enough.

Where do they find these guys? (Answer: every newsroom in the country, apparently.)

looks like Pars are leaving it up to their fans. From their official site

The Board refuse at this stage to speculate on conjecture, but what we can say is that we are fully aware of the views of Pars fans in terms of sporting integrity, and any decision the Board may make on behalf of the Football Club in future will respect this, as no one wishes to alienate our own loyal supporters.

If scuppering this nonsense only needs 10 votes against newco in Div 1 is it fair to presume that there's four certain votes against already? I'm assuming Airdrie and Stranraer both of whom stand to go up a division will join Falkirk & Raith.

Not at all sure you can rely on the Aidrie chairswine to vote againstthe successors of his beloved oldco

Worth bearing in mind that Airdrieonians went bust over a debt to David Murray. However, it remains to be seen if their support have the intellegence to realise this...

Worth bearing in mind that Airdrieonians went bust over a debt to David Murray. However, it remains to be seen if their support have the intellegence to realise this...

Yes but if RFC disappear they can become the big h^n team, surely that's an incentive. (Tongue in cheek :crazy: )

Ballantyne is as big a blue nose as you could meet, so I know where that vote is going!!!

Hadn't thought about it that way. Still hard to believe he'd confine his own club to 2nd Div football to accommodate newco.

Re Raith, I hadn't realised the full extent of their opposition to newco. Part of me says the following is well worth saying but the other part says maybe they should've held fire on the emotive bits.

Direct quote from Raith's Turnbull Hutton from the Scotsman

This is the same Rangers whose supporters threatened to torch our stadium and whose manager demanded that one of our directors was named over his involvement with an SFA judicial panel, which resulted in TV cameras camping outside his door and threats being made by various outlandish factions. We also had Sandy Jardine publicly calling for repercussions for those clubs who have not supported Rangers.

“Given that, how could I, as an individual, be expected to roll over and have my tummy tickled by some inducement to allow Rangers to come into the First Division. I gave my opinion to the board on Monday night and the board had a position which was not in any way different from my own.

“That does not mean, if and when there is a meeting of the SFL clubs and a vote, that the outcome will go the way we want it to go. I imagine some clubs will see some short-term advantage to be had.

“But if, long-term, you cheese off your season-ticket holders and supporters and backers, is it worth it? Do you sell your position for 30 pieces of silver for some short-term advantage or take the moral high ground?

Strong stuff, eh?

For added impact and to be given serious consideration by every member of the Thistle board........

But if, long-term, you cheese off your season-ticket holders and supporters and backers, is it worth it? Do you sell your position for 30 pieces of silver for some short-term advantage or take the moral high ground?

Anyone hear Turnbull Hutton on SSB this afternoon?

This is the type of man we could do with as chairman of PTFC.

Some quotes:

Rangers' proposed Division One entry is "designed to frighten".

"If we are at the stage of bending rules and accommodating, threatening and blackmailing, we want to give it up"

"There is a lot of pressure being applied on various people."

"There has been an abdication of duty from the SPL. Now the Scottish FA wade in and it's being punted to the SFL to let them try and sort it out"

"And, just to help the process along, why don't we blackmail and frighten them? It's bizarre."

" 'If you don't vote in favour of this, we'll set up an SPL2 and invite clubs in. If you vote against, you won't get an invite.' What sort of organisation is that?"