New Club Statement

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now boycotted as they voted for Servco in Div. 1.

Not surprising as on a few visits to Dumfries the locals seemed more interested in watching Oldco Rangers in the lunchtime TV game than going to Palmerston.

Aye but we'll be playing them 8 times a season in the Scottish Pariah League 2 if it turns out Beattie went rogue.

Edited by One t in Scotland

The club have been pathetic throughout.

I don't think this is the end of the matter by any means but if they are in SFL3 and we confirm we voted them into SFL1 I'm finished.

Even now if they are in SFL3 and we voted them into SFL3 I'll keep going but I'll still think we are run by a twat..

Through the whole thing my main issue was not the result, rather how we voted. If Rangers had got SFL1 but we voted No I'd still go to games. They've got SFL3 but if we voted yes then I'm done. If we don't believe in sporting integrity then what the hell is the point in supporting Partick Thistle?

I'll also be treating continued lack of clarification as admission of guilt. I await our next statement...

Indeed David.

But a few of us have written to the Club this afternoon asking for public confirmation of 'NO' vote. It will be telling what the reaction is over the next 24 hours...

I e-mailed them too Sandy.

Didn't receive any response to either of the messages I sent before today but wasn't bothered.

Don't care if they don't respond directly to my latest either, and requested clarification through the website where it is there for all to see...

I very much hope that our Board voted NO to Servco in SFL Div1. (I am workiing on the assumption that it was our Board members and not yesterday's (shareholding) men??)

If they voted YES, then it is clear to me that once again we have a board that we do not agree with. That would really dull all the anticipation built up regarding the coming season.

For the good name of Thistle we should make it clear to all fans we meet where OUR vote lies - their abuse can be directed elsewhere.

Does anyone know if the 5 clubs all voted yes to Sevco or were any of these abstentions? Ie Dundee or Airdrie?

I really can't see us voting for them in div 1! All press reports suggest that the first division clubs were all very united - reading Yorkstons and Longmuirs comments.

If Beattie in a moment of madness did vote yes then it's a spectacularly bad decision!

It would be easy to work out if every other club has made a statement. If they haven't why are you all having a go at the Thistle Board ?

The club chose to make an ambiguous statement.

Considering one of the other ambiguous statements said about 'consulting fans', the least they could do now is be clear with the fans.

The statement tonight asks for financial backing & myself, & others, are willing to do that- once we've had a clear statement saying 'we voted no to Sevco in SFL1'.

If not, my money stays in my pocket.

Time for the custodians to front up & be honest.

Let's call it a 'leap of faith'.

Edited by Trotter

There's not much giving the board the benefit of the doubt on here is there! Very few clubs have made statements saying which way they've voted, so I assume they're respecting the secret ballot. I know a few clubs stated before the meeting which way they were going to vote, but they may have changed their mind.

I couldn't give a hoot which way othere clubs voted. I want to know how *our* club did. If we weren't prepared to say then we shouldn't have issued a statement.

Beattie bangs the drum for the proposals prior to their publication in the press. The club promises to consult the fans, but fails to make good on that. Now it refuses to confirm its stance having posted a half-arsed statement. Is it any wonder people aren't prepared to give the board the benefit of the doubt?

Trawling the net today and seen many supporters of other clubs rejoicing, buying season tickets, strips, other club stuff, pledging half time draw tickets etc. all very positive and well done to them.

We on the other hand are bickering over how we voted, still considering not renewing season tickets, or not going back at all. Typical Thistle, we can make an arse of anything.

C'mon board, no comment is being seen as a yes to Newco vote. The truth will out in time, it is better coming from you.

Finally, I don't think it is fair to ask Jackie or the players on Sunday how the club voted. This is one for further up the food chain.

For what its worth this is the email I got from David Beattie last week and I thiought seemed to maybe indicate a no vote:

Sent: 05 July 2012 14:37

To: Curry Matthew

Subject: Re: No to Newco

Hi Matthew

There are some major decisions ahead for the whole of Scottish Football.

I fear very much for our Scottish game.

The Rangers demise has set a chain of events that may have cataclysmic financial consequences for many football clubs, thankfully not PTFC, as we have been very frugal over the last few years.

As you know we will vote NO and i believe that will be the correct thing to do and we, as a member of the SFL should not have been put into a situation where it was our responsibility to decide on the financial effect of having or not having Rangers in a top league - that should be the SFA's responsibility.

I fervently believe the reconstruction of Scottish Football is well overdue and we should be passionately discussing and voting on the detail of that issue and putting a timeline to achieve change.

I really do hope the Jags fans can concentrate on the great things that are happening at the club and get behind Jackie and the team.

Remember that every penny the fans put into the club, be it Season Tickets, programmes, 50/50 draw, Centenary Fund etc. has a direct impact on Jackie's playing budget.

I thank you for your kind words and support.

Now what has happened since then -

Has David Beattie lost control of his marbles?

Have since then Partick Thistle been threatened in some way ie vote newco into sfl1 or we will buy you over since its unlikely they could afford Ibrox in either division three or one Firhill would be an ideal choice?

Or the option I most hope for they have voted no and just issued another not very good statement on the website

I couldn't give a hoot which way othere clubs voted. I want to know how *our* club did. If we weren't prepared to say then we shouldn't have issued a statement.

Beattie bangs the drum for the proposals prior to their publication in the press. The club promises to consult the fans, but fails to make good on that. Now it refuses to confirm its stance having posted a half-arsed statement. Is it any wonder people aren't prepared to give the board the benefit of the doubt?

Never mind half-arsed statement.

These are the guys that sold half the ground to themselves then wondered why the fans didn't trust them?

My fear is that we have been budgeting on the assumption that Sevco would be admitted to SPL2 or SFL1.

We all know that the club will lose the Warriors rental income this season. Even so, we have a squad of a similar size to last season and have extended the contracts (presumably on higher wages) of several players.

Sevco in SFL1 would have brought in an extra £250k plus in gate money, other match day income and television rights. Other clubs are now saying that Sevco in SFL3 will cost them £60k next season.

I can understand Jackie wanting to secure the services of key players and bring in his targets asap. It was surprising, given the uncertainty over Newco, that he was able to do so. If Beattie was given "assurances" by Doncaster and Regan...