Why Dundee

Elginjag

Sorry if it's been muted before, but why is there even a discussion about Dundee replacing Rangers int the top flight? After all the financial crap Dundee have been involved in, twice is it, in ten years going bankrupt ? and, as stated, they are the 14th best team in Scotland, Dunfermline 12th, talk about falling in the Clyde and coming out with a salmon in your pocket!!

Sorry if it's been muted before, but why is there even a discussion about Dundee replacing Rangers int the top flight? After all the financial crap Dundee have been involved in, twice is it, in ten years going bankrupt ? and, as stated, they are the 14th best team in Scotland, Dunfermline 12th, talk about falling in the Clyde and coming out with a salmon in your pocket!!

If any of the other teams had thought that 2nd place could lead to the SPL then the end of last season could have been a different matter. Typical. It had to be Dundee...grrr

Mind you, the SPL might not be such a promised land just now. Maybe they're welcome to it and I won't miss them a bit.

If any of the other teams had thought that 2nd place could lead to the SPL then the end of last season could have been a different matter. Typical. It had to be Dundee...grrr

Mind you, the SPL might not be such a promised land just now. Maybe they're welcome to it and I won't miss them a bit.

Both Falkirk and Dundee were talking about the importance of finishing second months before the season ended saying this might just happen.

As for why it is Dundee, Dunfermline played a whole season, were pish and deserved to go down. Plus promoting the second team in our league might set an unlikely precedent so I'm all for them going up. And no matter wehat you think of them they went into adminsitration and came out of it, they certainly didntg cover themselves in glory, particularly the second time, but Rangers have done far far worse.

You're missing the point: having been in Administration twice in under a decade and having to rent Dens Park, they clearly fit the SPL profile: a record of appallingly bad management and utterly compromised. Dunfermline could almost give them a run for their money, also having to rent their stadium and being many millions in debt, but Dundee just pip them I reckon. Football doesn't really matter, does it?

Purely on footballing merit it should be Dundee for me. Dunfermline finished bottom, so should be relegated. It's been an anomoly for too long that the Scottish 1st Division is the only league in Europe for which you get nothing for finishing 2nd. Promoting Dundee can rectify that.

im in the couldnt care less as its not us group, I would prefer dunfermline to come down as its the closest ground to my house, dundee is one of the furthest,dearest and worst places to go, i cant stand another season of baird scoring against us. theres a gd chance of it being changed again next season and theres a possibility if the TV deal is pulled that you could end up losing more money by the sounds of the SPL chairman.

Based purely on how it might affect our chances...

Dundee might feel a sense of injustice if denied and use that to galvanise a promotion campaign making them more dangerous opponents.

Dunfermline might be totally deflated by effectively being relegated twice.

So, much as I despise them for their financial cheating, signing Harkins etc, it might be in our interests to get shot of them to the morally corrupt SPL where they certainly wont feel out of place.

Dundee finished second so it should be them. They were punished with a large points deduction the season they were in administration, so that's that. If they had won the league there would be no question about them having been in administration a couple of years ago.

Dundee finished second so it should be them. They were punished with a large points deduction the season they were in administration, so that's that. If they had won the league there would be no question about them having been in administration a couple of years ago.

Not sure about your last point Twinny. They managed to overspend and get into administration the last time they were in the top division :P

Ravanelli and Cannigia :lol:

No they don't. Yorkston at Dunfermline keeps pointing to the precedent of Falkirk not going up when their ground was shite and with league reconstruction in 1998. Well in those circumstances the clubs in first place and third place respectively couldn't go up, so you can't promote second/fourth placed teams ahead of them. Back then the decision was clear as the season ended, however this time Dunfermline had already been relegated by the time Rangers died, well after the season's end.

I've seen someone somewhere suggest it should be Arbroath and Queen's Park coming up from the second and third as they finished second in those leagues. It seems some people are wanting to make things up as we go along.

There was no written rule that covered this eventuality and you could make a case for either Dunfermline or Dundee. The SPL came to a decision that that ends the uncertainty and that is now the prescident. The governing bodies have done enough *****ing around, lets not get on their back when they actually make a decision.