Corcoran Has Left the Building

SirJohnLambie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did have potential and looked sharp in the early part of the season. However his loss of focus/form probably meant a departure from Firhill was inevitable.

Round about mid autumn I'd have suggested he'd be a contender for PotY. His performances after that were by and large woeful.

Btw, sandy, is loss of focus a euphemism for putting on weight and getting unfit?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

A good player when fit but thought he was never really 'fit' he looked to be carrying a bit of weight at the start of the season against Berwick but never really lost it as he was still short of fitness right through the season IMO. But this leaves us very thin on options out wide with Cairney, a converted right mid who is more comfortable in the middle and Erskine our only out and out winger if you can call him that on the left. Wonder what tricks McCall has up his sleeve.

Guest Argus

A good player when fit but thought he was never really 'fit' he looked to be carrying a bit of weight at the start of the season against Berwick but never really lost it as he was still short of fitness right through the season IMO. But this leaves us very thin on options out wide with Cairney, a converted right mid who is more comfortable in the middle and Erskine our only out and out winger if you can call him that on the left. Wonder what tricks McCall has up his sleeve.

Worry, worry, worry

If he's been released because he didn't live up to potential, i.e. started well and faded away, this raises a lot of questions. Namely can McCall not motivate his players into giving him 'a shift'? & does this not sum up Simon Donnelly's Thistle career? Starts well and isn't seen again from the clocks going back until the clocks go forward!!

As an aside, is noone else the least bit concerned that we could end up signing a player- namely MacNamara- who after a broken leg at 37 is unlikely to be the player he was just previous to the injury? I really don't get the thinking in it We are going backwards again. No forward thinking, at least as far as the first team is concerned.

My question would be why did Corcoran become fatter almost by the week during his time here?

I wonder if it was due to the injury he got while at Hamilton as he looked a player when he first arrived. He looked more and more like a pub player the more the season went on though.

Its not down just the manager to motivate a player, the player has to want to do it himself.

Corcoran to me showed no desire to improve/get fit/stay in the team and tbh im glad he is away, Erskien will get a run at the left mid/winger slot over a number of game which will either prove or disporve whether he has it.

Another example of why in this economic climate we dont offer 2 years deals to players, watch this space from now on plaers will be offered 9 months contract july to april, saves on the wages!!

Another example of why in this economic climate we dont offer 2 years deals to players, watch this space from now on plaers will be offered 9 months contract july to april, saves on the wages!!

Watch this space, half of them will be player/coaches/asst managers pushing 40- or is that next season's plan?

If he's been released because he didn't live up to potential, i.e. started well and faded away, this raises a lot of questions. Namely can McCall not motivate his players into giving him 'a shift'? & does this not sum up Simon Donnelly's Thistle career? Starts well and isn't seen again from the clocks going back until the clocks go forward!!

As an aside, is noone else the least bit concerned that we could end up signing a player- namely MacNamara- who after a broken leg at 37 is unlikely to be the player he was just previous to the injury? I really don't get the thinking in it We are going backwards again. No forward thinking, at least as far as the first team is concerned.

Agree lets not also forget erskine has done nothing of note so far either. Erskine is the type of player biased fans will defend to the hilt until he leaves and he suddenly becomes rubbish. We even had people defending Pat Boyle last season using the excuse he short of confidence, he was just shit.

I'm disappointed. I thought he was pretty good.

I thought he was no bad,pretty good at times and brought something to the game, other times played fairly poorly and brought nothing to the game, can't say i'm disappointed,kinda neither up nor down about the news.