Games You Wished You'd Seen

Big Dave

i wasn't allowed to go to the LC final as I was too young. If only I'd realised the significance at the time!!

Also the 11-1 Albion Rovers as it was the only I game I missed that season. I was in holiday in Fife & we had been expected to play East Fife which I would have gone to, but Rovers managed to beat them in the previous round. I considered driving back to see the game that night but the pub seemed a better option. That season was a 12 team 44 game Premier League

Peterhead. Think I had a season ticket that season but as the season progressed I got incredibly skint and come the summer I had to focus on getting shifts at work. I was scunnered with the way the season went and having seen us get humped by Peterhead once in a season was enough, so gave up even before the home playoff game. On the day of the Peterhead game I had a staff meeting/training in the morning at the bar I worked in, then a split before my shift. As soon as the meeting was done I got in the car with my ex, flicked through the radio channels and having not even realised the game was that day, I caught the last few minutes and was jumping about in the car once the result was in.

It would have been (very) good to be there tonight, but we've had a couple of early season cup games that have had lots of goals (4-3 vs Forfar and 4-4 vs St Johnstone) in recent years and they're not markedly remembered, difference now is I can at least look forward to the highlights online.

Top of this list for me is the ICT replay in 2002, was at the home leg and decided to work the Tuesday night rather than try and swap shifts as I thought we'd blown it. Had to switch the radio off for the last 2-3 minutes, couldn't stand listening anymore.

It would have been (very) good to be there tonight, but we've had a couple of early season cup games that have had lots of goals (4-3 vs Forfar and 4-4 vs St Johnstone) in recent years and they're not markedly remembered, difference now is I can at least look forward to the highlights online.

Top of this list for me is the ICT replay in 2002, was at the home leg and decided to work the Tuesday night rather than try and swap shifts as I thought we'd blown it. Had to switch the radio off for the last 2-3 minutes, couldn't stand listening anymore.

Actually, aye, that 4-4 each against St Johnstone is one I would love to have been at. Apparently it was incredible. Ally McCoist told me it was the best game he'd been to in years after I refused to serve him at Hampden once.

Unbelievably I was at every game in the 91/92 promotion seaaon.....except the last game at home to Forfar! (long story).

I also missed the St. Mirren 3-1 cup win at Love Street, having been at the 0-0 game at Firhill, and the Peterhead play off win.

On the positive side for me, I attended the majority of games that others on this thread have been disappointed at missing.

I wasn't born in '71 so I don't see that as an opportunity missed, although obviously it would be the ultimate for any Jags fan (1921 apart, maybe).

When we put 5 past the tarts at Tynecastle some years back.

Probably the only highlight of Murder's reign - Thistle fans had the left-hand side of the main stand, which made the atmosphere superb, as we were in an enlosed space.

I must have a decent track record of turning up to eventful games - the one I did miss (apart from the League Cup Final - I was only two!) that I regret was the Metz game (and that was probably more for the jolly than the actual game itself).

Probably the only highlight of Murder's reign - Thistle fans had the left-hand side of the main stand, which made the atmosphere superb, as we were in an enlosed space.

I must have a decent track record of turning up to eventful games - the one I did miss (apart from the League Cup Final - I was only two!) that I regret was the Metz game (and that was probably more for the jolly than the actual game itself).

Regret not going to Linz or Metz, however there is French tv highlights of the game on You Tube.

Ah, Linz. I think about seven diehards made it - back in the day before budget airlines - sure it was a trains, planes and automobiles job.

Long time ago, but would have said there was about 35 - 40 Jags there. For me was a train to Nuremberg then change onto the Danube Express.

Need to see if I can find any photos and upload them.