Pick The Matchday Music

little_miss_jag

I'd like to hear 'Pick Up The Pieces' by Scotland's own Average White Band, just before kick-off (Mind you, due to Homerjag's "uch we'll just huv wan mair" at 2.45, I rarely get to see or hear much pre-game action).

Shame about the title, though - heavily descriptive of successive past managers' brief for the job!

I have been known to perform a sub-standard version of this classic on the odd occasion. :music: (Couldn't find the tenor sax emoticon anywhere).

We need:

Sylva - Focus

Beautiful Day - U2

Elevation - U2

Banana Splits

There's a well known Glasgow Football Team...

No goal music. Unless there is an instrumental version of the Firhill dance song.

Why do U2 get played so much? It turns half-time into an aural torture session for me. No more U2, Simple Minds or contemporary R&B please (although lots of 50s and 60s R&B would be more than welcome).

Why do U2 get played so much? It turns half-time into an aural torture session for me. No more U2, Simple Minds or contemporary R&B please (although lots of 50s and 60s R&B would be more than welcome).

I would agree - I'm not a U2 fan. I just associate those songs with being in the JH stand as a teenager and with music that seemed like an endless torrent of shite back then, I can look back at as an integral part of the Firhill experience.

Anyone want to start a fund where everyone chucks in a couple of quid to STOP goal music being played?

Couldn't agree more , one of my biggest bug bears . The roar from the crowd and subsequent chanting is all that's ever needed . Why play some Amarillo esque pish over the tannoy to drown it out ? Have sent an email to Stacey saying as much .

whats the tune they play quite often before games....sounds like motorhead or something like that but i dont think it is

It's "Thistle Boy" by The Real mcKenzies. The chorus is "Oh yeah he's a Thistle Boy...Thistle Boy"

I was hoping it might catch on and people would sing a long to it.... another reason why "hope" isn't a strategy ...