Just In From Eep

jags on tour

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a great day today, had my wife and 2 kids with me and it was great to see them getting right into it...even my wife, who admits she knows very little about football, knew Potter should have been sent off. Great support from the fans and a very good performance from the team at a place which has become a happy hunting ground after several years of getting heehaw at EEP. Erskine's sitter tho, oh dear big man :o

Cherry on the cake was getting to point and laugh at some Sevco fans who were clearly returning from their game today :)

Wasn't there today, girlfriend got me weekend away to newcastle for my birthday, was at st james's today, delighted to be sittin in shearers bar and see that final score, well done jackie and the lads, really encouraged by this team!

part time supporter, you're just a part time supporter!

Also just remembered, E.E.P. - --- Bullshit capital of Scotland.

Eg

1) Sammie the Tammie "Scotland's best mascot" Aye, right :yellow_card:

2) Asked a steward where to buy tickets and was told "the POD at the far end of the ground"

I went "POD? - it's a portakabin, isn't it"?

She said, "no, it's a Pod"

It was, in fact a wee portakabin placed behind some old turnstile entrances. :tongue2:

3) What was all that continental-style crap from the announcer when reading out the Dunfy team?

"In goal it's.....PAUL....." and the inbreds were supposed to shout out "Gallacher"

"at number 2 it's "JIMMY....." etc, etc

Didn't seem to work too well did it? :sarcastic:

(a bit like their team)

Also just remembered, E.E.P. - --- Bullshit capital of Scotland.

Eg

1) Sammie the Tammie "Scotland's best mascot" Aye, right :yellow_card:

2) Asked a steward where to buy tickets and was told "the POD at the far end of the ground"

I went "POD? - it's a portakabin, isn't it"?

She said, "no, it's a Pod"

It was, in fact a wee portakabin placed behind some old turnstile entrances. :tongue2:

3) What was all that continental-style crap from the announcer when reading out the Dunfy team?

"In goal it's.....PAUL....." and the inbreds were supposed to shout out "Gallacher"

"at number 2 it's "JIMMY....." etc, etc

Didn't seem to work too well did it? :sarcastic:

(a bit like their team)

aye I was trying to listen to their team but all I could head was the first name. they would have been better giving Jim Leishman a game!

It was a welcome to his new wee baby niece, apparently.

th

thanks for that,i noticed the ref booked him for it and he looked as though he was saying

that lawless took his top over his head,which he never,just another decision the ref got wrong,their

centre half should have walked when he almost caught the ball when doolan was through on goal

It's always encouraging when you see your competition's manager spouting delusions: "Second half I thought that we totally dominated up to the final third where our decision making was poor."

Those big punts up the park were dominance, in the Jim Jefferies book of management, don't you know. :crazy:

Really enjoyed the day out yesterday, which is not something you can often say when visiting Fife! Although I did miss the goal

Thought the team were outstanding. Muirhead in particular was immense, he won absolutely everything all day, in the air and on the deck. The most pleasing point for me was that we never looked like losing a goal at any stage today.

Maybe a bit worrying that we never took the chances in the second half. But in the first half we scored from our only clear cut chance.

Great backing from the fans, especially in the second half. Topped off with a pint after the game in the sunshine at the Elizabethan.

There is no doubt about it, we are REAL title contenders now. In our opening 2 games we have beaten both favourites, but we really cannot afford to get complacent against Dumbarton next week. With 2 home league games coming up we have real chance to take maximum points from the first 4 games. That has NEVER happened in my lifetime supporting Thistle.

Edited by ian_mac