Hamilton Accies

little_miss_jag

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would never usually bother with Hamilton due to the lack of a student concession, but the price is low enough to make me consider it.

Jackie talking it up as a massive match - the further we go in this the likelihood we meet Rangers. That will mean lots of cash, hence it is a vital match...

Get yourself along..!

Jackie talking it up as a massive match - the further we go in this the likelihood we meet Rangers. That will mean lots of cash, hence it is a vital match...

Get yourself along..!

Oh great, that'll be the high point of the season. :angry3: While I'd love to see Thistle thump the crap out of that ... team, I'm about up to my eyebrows with the whole thing.

Jackie talking it up as a massive match - the further we go in this the likelihood we meet NEWCO. That will mean lots of cash, hence it is a vital match...

Get yourself along..!

Sorted that for you!!! Better chance of getting them in the Ramsdens. If we meet in the final of that at Hampden I reckon it wouldnt be far off a sell out and a big money spinner for us and could allow us to bring a couple of reinforcements for the charge to the title. Watching NEWCO on the telly just now and they really are rank rotten!!

Edited to add....now 1-1....hahaha!

Edited by Lindau

IF we could only one of the 2 games vs Hamilton - which one is more important for the club. The league game or the cup game. Financially, I think Tuesdays game is more important as it could mean potentially a televised game against an SPL team and there still will be 32 games after Saturday.

IF we could only one of the 2 games vs Hamilton - which one is more important for the club. The league game or the cup game. Financially, I think Tuesdays game is more important as it could mean potentially a televised game against an SPL team and there still will be 32 games after Saturday.

Or we could be three points closer to winning the league and having several televised games against SPL opposition.

Can I suggest getting there early? For both the dreich January game and the cracker in May the queue was HUGE. Despite arriving 10 minutes before kick-off we missed a fair chunk of each match.

Also I think that the guys operating the turnstiles seemed to be on some sort of a community outreach program: to describe them as a bit s l o w would be very charitable...

Can I suggest getting there early? For both the dreich January game and the cracker in May the queue was HUGE. Despite arriving 10 minutes before kick-off we missed a fair chunk of each match.

Also I think that the guys operating the turnstiles seemed to be on some sort of a community outreach program: to describe them as a bit s l o w would be very charitable...

At the last game the elderly fella on the gate on the left evidently had been borrowed from Porkheid. I think he was supplied by the stewarding company but was never supposed to have been anywhere near a turnstile. He actually gave out more change than the correct amount on at least two occasions while I was patiently waiting. I can hardly imagine what he'd have been like if he'd actually speeded up.

Glad he wasn't on the turnstiles at Hampden two weeks ago. We might have been queuing till midnight.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Likeliehood is by the time we play them their bubble will have burst and their fans will have given up the ghost leading to a low turnout.

In fact it might be more important for them than for us.

provided it happens of course.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Sorted that for you!!! Better chance of getting them in the Ramsdens. If we meet in the final of that at Hampden I reckon it wouldnt be far off a sell out and a big money spinner for us and could allow us to bring a couple of reinforcements for the charge to the title. Watching NEWCO on the telly just now and they really are rank rotten!!

Edited to add....now 1-1....hahaha!

Oops - thought this one was the Ramsdens...

I'm looking forward to this, albeit I'll be stuck in the home end with some Accies supporting mates. If you see an 'Accies' fan trying hard to avoid celebrating a Thistle goal then you'll know it's me.

Agree with the changes above: Sinclair for Murray with Bannigan in midfield; Craigan for Welsh if he's not 100%; Balatoni for Muirhead to give him some game time. Apart from that no changes in shape, system or tactics - keep the good run going and make sure we get into the next round.

3-0 Thistle.

From the match preview Welsh looks like he is going to make it. Sounds like Jackie is going to play the same team apart from the one enforced change. Would be great to get to the next round, think would could give a few SPL outfits a right good game.

I would drop Welsh back into Murray’s position with Bannigan going further forward.

I think when a team is playing this well, you only make changes when they are forced upon you.

Therefor, the only change I would make is Sinclair in for Murray with Bannigan moving in to the centre.

Muirhead has been solid, unless he is carrying an injury I wouldn't drop him.

I'm looking forward to this, albeit I'll be stuck in the home end with some Accies supporting mates. If you see an 'Accies' fan trying hard to avoid celebrating a Thistle goal then you'll know it's me.

Agree with the changes above: Sinclair for Murray with Bannigan in midfield; Craigan for Welsh if he's not 100%; Balatoni for Muirhead to give him some game time. Apart from that no changes in shape, system or tactics - keep the good run going and make sure we get into the next round.

3-0 Thistle.

As we conceded 4 to the Spiders, the first choice defenders should play again.

I think we learned from Queens Park that we can't afford to have Archie and Murray out at the same time if it can be helped. Question is... Has Archie still got the fitness to play 2/3 games in a week? Perhaps start him then bring on Balatoni if we're cruising.

Bannigan into the middle with Sinclair on the left seems the obvious solution to Murray being out. Think we'd need Welsh to play the sitting midfielder role as he's more solid there than Bannigan defensively.

Regardless of the changes (momentum from our win streak and all that) 2-0 Thistle.

Mon the jags!