Berwick Top Off Excellent Weekend

topcat

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disgraceful refereeing, some things never change

I agree entirely. Looks like a shameless orange / masonic conspiracy within the reffing fraternity to bail the hu ns out of this on-field crisis. I watched most of the second half and they are pure gash.

They will still probably win their division though, but mainly due to opponents choking in front of 50 / 40 / 30 or 20,000 or whatever number are still turning up to watch them at Hunbrox by the season's end.

Oh, and they still haven't got a clean sheet in the league to their name.

And have the stunningly embarrassing record of never having recorded a solitary away win in their entire history!

I nearly got my head in my hands when I suggested this to a Rangers supporting colleague of mine this morning. His cutting witty retort was something along the lines of "well how the hell do you explain us knocking Brechin out the challenge cup?". To which I reminded him extra time wins do not count!

According to BBC, Rangers manager is angry at the result and said that they need more signings.

I cannot understand why the court turned down the SFA's ruling of banning of signing new players for 1 year.

I hope that the SFA punish them for using court by 25 point-deduction.

They have a one year ban starting on the 1st of september, and wont be able to sign anyone till January 1st 2014

According to BBC, Rangers manager is angry at the result and said that they need more signings.

I cannot understand why the court turned down the SFA's ruling of banning of signing new players for 1 year.

I hope that the SFA punish them for using court by 25 point-deduction.

Yup, they're struggling and need more signings to help their several-thousand-pound-a-week players compete with part-timers.

I nearly got my head in my hands when I suggested this to a Rangers supporting colleague of mine this morning. His cutting witty retort was something along the lines of "well how the hell do you explain us knocking Brechin out the challenge cup?". To which I reminded him extra time wins do not count!

Did Sevco not beat Falkirk last week? Could be the Scottish media talking them up of course....

They have a one year ban starting on the 1st of september, and wont be able to sign anyone till January 1st 2014

Wrong.

The ban runs out on 31/08/2013 so any player out of contract on 01/09/2013 can sign for them. All they have to do is promise targets a large signing on fee next season in lieu of wages not earned in JulyAugust. Really they are getting a ban on signings this winter, that's all.

That's right, they did win at Falkirk in the league cup. Just without an away league win in their entire history.

Ramsden's Cup I think, where we still lie in wait.... Hopefully Falkirk will terminate their involvement in the League Cup on Thursday, going to Ibrox with some confidence having won at Cappielow at the weekend.

You have to laugh at McCoist greetin' about needing new players. Sevco starting lineup in their cross-border foray had five full internationals, two U-21 internationals, an U-19 and an U-17 internationalist. Plus Sandaza and the Brazilian guy who transfered within Italy for half a million Euros just a few seasons ago. Another full internationalist and an U-17 internationalist came off the bench.

I think it's more like a new manager they're needing, but now that Saint Alastair is an investor, he's embedded. Good news I believe, but they should still get promoted at a canter even with a duff manager. Livi had nothing like the squad Sevco have when they were shunted down and they won SFL3 easily after a sticky start. But let's enjoy it while it lasts!