Centenary Fund

Mediocre Pundit

Patience, Patience.

It's still September, and you are wanting September's draw?!

Where have you been recently? Whereas they used to be made mid-month, draws are now made in the subsequent month.

Thankfully EP isn't in charge of the 50/50 half time draw.

I don't have a great problem with the draw results being published in the subsequent month.

However, if this is to be the case, perhaps the website should be updated to reflect this so that participants' expectations can be set appropriately.

The "Join Now!" tab on the microsite still proudly boasts that "The draw will take place on or before the 15th of each month" and that page was updated to reflect changes in contact details earlier this month.

In short, I get the impression that unless someone gives a nudge to those responsible, they would simply forget to do the draw.

If there is a genuinely valid reason for the delay, why can't we just be told what it is and arrange for a change to the information on the microsite?

Edited by Norman

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shabby, amateurish way to run the Club's principal fundraiser. It shows no respect for the customer, costs the Club money it can ill afford and reflects badly on the people tasked with running the Club.

There are lots of things to fix at the Club and it's going to be a long slog, but one would have thought that maximising income from its main fundraiser would have been near the top of the list.

No doubt that there has been some excellent progress in other areas, though.

I think the problem is a team like Raith can get the sympathetic subscriber from anywhere in the town (except Sevco supporters of course who wanted to burn them down) - even lots of guys that don't even follow football, just because it is "the town's team".

We can't and won't get that to any significant degree so will never match that. That doesn't mean to say it couldn't be done a lot better. Has anyone contacted the club about this.

Like people say, it can't be easy drumming up support for a scheme like this in tough times with bigger clubs nearby. I guess that's why they give a car away in April and October. That's a fantastic way to get some good publicity. There's actually no other reason to have such a huge prize except for the terrific publicity that it can get for your scheme and the new members it might attract.

So a special prize for anyone who can find a mention anywhere of April's winner. Try the club's website and the CF website for a start. Try the list of April's prizes.

Another suggestion is for the club/volunteers to have a big push say twice a season to push more people to join the fund. Advertise it in advance and then have people actively signing up supporters to join on a specific Saturday. "Sign Up Saturday" with additional bells and whistles to get people's attention.

Another suggestion is for the club/volunteers to have a big push say twice a season to push more people to join the fund. Advertise it in advance and then have people actively signing up supporters to join on a specific Saturday. "Sign Up Saturday" with additional bells and whistles to get people's attention.

Think it is too late for that. Earlier I looked at the article on the official site mentioning the "new sponsorship deal" and thought, now I'm working again I might join up again, but when it appears to be run in such an amateur fashion it's hardly encouraging.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...