Raith Rovers - Ramsdens Cup

potty trained

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better but what if you have two kids under 12? Many parents do, there should be a price for this also.

with the under 12 and parent deal at £20 you are saving £2 quid on that under 12, Can I ask why it is such a big deal to have to pay £7 for an under 12? I really do not see that as a lot of money as it is only £2 more than the parent deal. is that really £2 extra really too much?

Update to prices (parent & U12 - £20):

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2012-2013/september_2012/ramsdens_cup_prices

Great! It's getting cheaper by the day!

I do appreciate that I benefit from the kids go free thing, so I don't mind paying for him for cup games. If it helps the club make less of a loss, then it's got to be a good thing. TBH, after paying for my season ticket I only spend about £10 per Matchday, so cup games are always a bit of a shocker!

...Prices are high for everyone, but I'd much rather be viewing the game live in the JH, than watching it on Alba, either in silence or with pishy Gaelic commentary, wishing I was [sitting] in the JH......

Just do something cheaper on Friday and Saturday, and get your arses along to Firhill on Sunday!

As LMJ said - what else would you be doing at 1605 on a Sunday!

The "pishy" Gaelic commentary you're complaining about is streets ahead of the witless outpourings from semi-literates we have to suffer in Scotland in "English". It really is exceptionally bad. Just compare it with the clear, composed commentary deep in the lower leagues of German regional football (and weep):

....BBC [ALBA] will do you[r] nut after 10 minutes when they cut to Jackie for his thoughts and you miss the goal!

To be fair, BBC ALBA is just the transmission channel; the production company is responsible for that. It seems to be a common problem among British directors at football matches, that they think the actual play is less interesting than spotting celebrities in the crowd, watching a player's reactions when he's nowhere near play, etc. Another good reason for attending the game. :fan: And you can always record it from BBC ALBA at home, too, to play later.

The "pishy" Gaelic commentary you're complaining about is streets ahead of the witless outpourings from semi-literates we have to suffer in Scotland in "English". It really is exceptionally bad. Just compare it with the clear, composed commentary deep in the lower leagues of German regional football (and weep):

Man, I must have had too much wine before typing that! Had to go back and actually check I wrote 'pishy'.

I did, and I apologise to anyone offended by this.

This is a shocking price. It will cost me £29 for me and my two sons to go to a game we could watch in the house for nothing. Are we then going to play fringe players?

Get real, you get your kids free into 18 league games and you complain about paying for 1 cup game? Do you go to away games, if yes then you pay other clubs for your kids yet you grudge £14 to PTFC of which we only get half.

Get real, you get your kids free into 18 league games and you complain about paying for 1 cup game? Do you go to away games, if yes then you pay other clubs for your kids yet you grudge £14 to PTFC of which we only get half.

As I said, Thistle have spoiled us for the league games. We do go to away games but most teams charge around £20 parent and child. This is the Ramsden's Cup, there is a big difference.

It may be 'streets ahead', I have no idea, but when you don't have a clue what they're saying (as most who are watching it don't I would say), does it really matter?

Pricing is fair, imo.

Edited by 1 John Lambie

I'm right up for this for three reasons.

1) We're probably the biggest club to have played in the tournament never to have won it (or even reach the final) and I want to rectify that.

2) If we reached the final it would be a great occasion for all Thistle supporters, despite the apathy in the earlier rounds.

and last (but certainly no means least)

3) If we beat Raith Rovers on Sunday we have a more than fair chance of facing Sevco at a time when we would have more chance of giving them a pumping than we ever did their predecessors in my lifetime.

Thistle v Sevco in a final at Hampden in this particualr season is the stuff of dreams.

Can't believe that folk are choosing not to go "because it's the challenge cup".

The goalposts have well and truly moved this season as far as the challenge cup goes. Let's look at the 8 teams left in the tournament.

If we beat raith we are the only 1st division team left. There is a real possibility of a winner takes all game with Sevco here, either in the semi or better still, the final - almost certainly at hampden.

If we win on Sunday - the probability is that we will, at the very least, make a huge amount of money from this cup.

Well said Ian - this is a big one and I really want to win it. I'll be there. I hope lots of other Jags are too and we can shout the boys onto (another) victory!

It's also true that it should be a good game. We're playing well and so are Rovers. Shame the Alba will impact on the crowd, but hopefully the team can put in a good winning performance and encourage some more people along to the next home league game.

Can't believe that folk are choosing not to go "because it's the challenge cup".

The goalposts have well and truly moved this season as far as the challenge cup goes. Let's look at the 8 teams left in the tournament.

If we beat raith we are the only 1st division team left. There is a real possibility of a winner takes all game with Sevco here, either in the semi or better still, the final - almost certainly at hampden.

If we win on Sunday - the probability is that we will, at the very least, make a huge amount of money from this cup.

agree with this although Cowdenbeath (a division one team) are still in it.