Crowd For Cowdenbeath Match

Fawlty Towers

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to accept there isn't legions of missing fans out there who used to go every week.

There will be BUT remember:

September weekend- 12 of us that sit in the vicinity & only 6 there today.

Cowdenbeath away support not best ( as can be said for majority of away supports this year).

I think we'll have around 3000 for next home game against Airdrie & it could be closer to 5000 for Dunfermline game assuming we're, sorry, they're still doing well!

Just had a look at fixtures there, we only have 4 more home games before Christmas!!!! Scary.

Edited by Trotter

2510 is the official attendance :)

Seems to be a core home support in the 2400-2600 range, which is higher than the past couple of seasons. Aidrie will being a decent (around 400-500 I suspect) support, so that could well get the crowd over the 3000 mark.

Unless something goes disastrously wrong for either them or us, Dunfermline on the 10th November should be a cracker of a crowd. I reckon 5000 is a bit optimistic, but we should be getting close to 4000 at least considering it's likely to be 1st vs 2nd in the league.

Got to disagree MWM, I think seeing any sorted of "marked" increase cannot be gauged until the new year, once we're half way through the season and have played every team at home.

There was quite a few old faces back today.

It is September weekend and Cowdenbeath brought less than 100 fans.

Let's wait and see what sort of crowd we get against say Morton or Dunfermline.

Time to accept there isn't legions of missing fans out there who used to go every week.

Can't agree on that one, MWM. Most of us know (or at least know of) many fans that used to go regularly that don't go these days. The big question is just what will bring those punters back.

Whilst I don't think today's crowd was alarming given it being a holiday weekend, I find it surprising that so many folk that used to attend during the dark days of the Campbell era are so slow in returning. They are out there.

It's a pity we can't build terracing at the City End. I hate sitting down for 90 minutes and I think we could get more punters back if there was a terracing option.

I had to move seat today because junior behind me kept digging his knees into the back of my seat - easier to move than have words with his old man.

Just look at the crowds at the Accies and Dumbarton games. There isn't the hoardes of fans missing who used to go regularly that some would have you believe.

How many do people seriously think wouldn't have been there today if there was no September Weekend? 3500?

Certain games might attract a better one off crowd, like for instance if we had a big game against Dunfermline if both teams keep it up, but for the regularly run of the mill games, the crowds will stay as they are and they pretty much always have been, give or take a few hundred dependent on form.

Edited by MWM

It's a pity we can't build terracing at the City End. I hate sitting down for 90 minutes and I think we could get more punters back if there was a terracing option.

I had to move seat today because junior behind me kept digging his knees into the back of my seat - easier to move than have words with his old man.

Get yourself in the North stand, you can stand for 90 minutes!

Spot on!

Bring back terracing with a lower entry price; times are hard and people have less spare cash.

Ease their pain and they will come!

Spooky!

Just look at the crowds at the Accies and Dumbarton games. There isn't the hoardes of fans missing who used to go regularly that some would have you believe.

How many do people seriously think wouldn't have been there today if there was no September Weekend? 3500?

Certain games might attract a better one off crowd, like for instance if we had a big game against Dunfermline if both teams keep it up, but for the regularly run of the mill games, the crowds will stay as they are and they pretty much always have been, give or take a few hundred dependent on form.

We were averaging 1800/1900 for home support all of last Season we are now averaging 2400 so we are actually up by around 500 ,the perception is that our crowds over the last couple of Seasons were larger than they were, so there is an expectation we should be hitting nearer the 3000 mark than the 2500 Mark.

To get near 3000 we need a reasonable away support -this normally combines with a bit of an uplift in the Home Support.

This is a long slow process but we are going in the right direction - we have approx 430 Kids with Season Tickets this Season which gives us data capture ,the majority of the kids come with parents - we are slowly but surely changing the Club demographics - more kids ,more familes ,doing this in the middle of the longest economic downturn in 100 years isnt easy.

At the last game of the Season I visited the Players Zone - there were 5 kids waiting on Autographs ,at the Falkirk Game at the start of this Season - with a crowd of over 3000 , only 6 kids waiting on Autographs - yesterday we had 10 times that number.

In his programme notes the Chairman publicly acknowledged we had to improve the Catering - very few Clubs have any concept of Customer Service standards - never mind publicly stating they are not good enough.

We are moving in the right direction - we lost supporters in dribs and drabs ,they will return in a similiar fashion.

The North stand guys and the onethistle volunteers are effecting real change on Matchday ,it is however a bit like turning round an Oil Tanker.

We were averaging 1800/1900 for home support all of last Season we are now averaging 2400 so we are actually up by around 500 ,the perception is that our crowds over the last couple of Seasons were larger than they were, so there is an expectation we should be hitting nearer the 3000 mark than the 2500 Mark.

To get near 3000 we need a reasonable away support -this normally combines with a bit of an uplift in the Home Support.

This is a long slow process but we are going in the right direction - we have approx 430 Kids with Season Tickets this Season which gives us data capture ,the majority of the kids come with parents - we are slowly but surely changing the Club demographics - more kids ,more familes ,doing this in the middle of the longest economic downturn in 100 years isnt easy.

At the last game of the Season I visited the Players Zone - there were 5 kids waiting on Autographs ,at the Falkirk Game at the start of this Season - with a crowd of over 3000 , only 6 kids waiting on Autographs - yesterday we had 10 times that number.

In his programme notes the Chairman publicly acknowledged we had to improve the Catering - very few Clubs have any concept of Customer Service standards - never mind publicly stating they are not good enough.

We are moving in the right direction - we lost supporters in dribs and drabs ,they will return in a similiar fashion.

The North stand guys and the onethistle volunteers are effecting real change on Matchday ,it is however a bit like turning round an Oil Tanker.

This is all great stats, 25% increase is massive in this day especially as we havent been promoted or been bought by some rich oil baron, the kids stats are the best though, we must have more kids going than most other clubs outhside the OF great news for the future

Jim is right, things are changing slowly but surely at Firhill and for once the board do seem to be taking notice of fans gripes. The crunch is gonna come when we inevitably hit a bad run. It is important that we are in there fighting in the last 2 months of the season....if that happens we wont be far off 3000+ gates in the second half of the season

Jim, that is really good stuff and I am sure that it will only improve.

The stat that would really interest me is how many of those under 16s that have benefitted from free entry over the last few seasons have moved on to being season ticket holders, how many now pay at the gate for certain games over a season and how many have got a couple of seasons of free football but now have something else to occupy themselves with on a Saturday?

I realise that you might not know all of that as the scheme has been running for a few years and the data capture that you guys are now using might not have been in place during that period.

Charlie - c'mon over to the North Stand and join me and the missus - it's fantastic and no chance of a wean digging in to the back of your seat!!!

Jim, that is really good stuff and I am sure that it will only improve.

The stat that would really interest me is how many of those under 16s that have benefitted from free entry over the last few seasons have moved on to being season ticket holders, how many now pay at the gate for certain games over a season and how many have got a couple of seasons of free football but now have something else to occupy themselves with on a Saturday?

I realise that you might not know all of that as the scheme has been running for a few years and the data capture that you guys are now using might not have been in place during that period.

Martin

Previously we did simply let Kids in for Free - no attempt at data capture so we dont know - this is the first Season we have registered kids.

2,500 for a Div 1 match v. Cowdenbeath is acceptable. Remember Thistle have been serving up consistent dross / tedium for years. Top of the league or not a 'clash' with Cowdenbeath is hardly likely to have then queueing down Firhill Rd.