Pttv: Livingston Highlights

fritzy

I shouldn't have watched that before bed, got that bloody Speedy Gonzales tune in my head now :lol:

Looks like we were well worth on the balance of play it but in terms of clear chances we didn't actually outnumber them that much. Two cracking goals, again.

Big Muirhead is going to rattle in a Boab-style free kick before the end of the season, I'm convinced of it.

A few things I noticed that gave particular indications of how much of a 'team'we are. Big Muirhead ran almost the length of the pitch to celebrate the goals, everyone got involved in said celebrations, Paton giving Fox big time congrats on his save and the work that goes into creating space for each other. Fantastic.

As for the dumplin sat next to me on Saturday who was groaning when we played it across the back 4 and built from the back (you know who you are :P ). That's how you create space, draw the opposition out rather than charge forward into a condensed final third.

It's been a joy to watch this team, and I have a feeling we've yet to see the best of them.

....Looks like we were well worth on the balance of play it but in terms of clear chances we didn't actually outnumber them that much......

That's not my memory of the game (although, of course, not everything can be included in the highlights): there seemed to be many occasions when the team carved the Livingston defence open but then didn't put the ball into the net, for whatever reason.

It was disappointing how many fouls the Livingston players committed, since they used to be very clean. However, they haven't quite got the knack of doing so out of vision of the referee.

That's not my memory of the game (although, of course, not everything can be included in the highlights): there seemed to be many occasions when the team carved the Livingston defence open but then didn't put the ball into the net, for whatever reason.

It was disappointing how many fouls the Livingston players committed, since they used to be very clean. However, they haven't quite got the knack of doing so out of vision of the referee.

Quite appropriate that the word "FEAR" appears in your name. I get the feeling you will be more satisfied when the team eventually loses so you can say you saw it coming.

I think the highlights show how good a game Elliot had when he came on - caused them no end of problems.

A few things I noticed that gave particular indications of how much of a 'team' we are. Big Muirhead ran almost the length of the pitch to celebrate the goals, everyone got involved in said celebrations,

All but two. I noticed Shuggie & Archie having what looked like a thoughtful discussion while the rest celebrated the first goal. That's good to see as well, stable forces and all that :thumbsup2:

Quite appropriate that the word "FEAR" appears in your name. I get the feeling you will be more satisfied when the team eventually loses so you can say you saw it coming.

Er, the team already has done, at NDP - much to my annoyance. According to Jackie McNamara, the players are being encouraged to play with confidence, and he's employing a psychologist to help. Please don't apply to help out. :P

I think the highlights show how good a game Elliot had when he came on - caused them no end of problems.

It was even more obvious at the game itself. He shielded the ball, bringing others into play; he is faster than Craig, enabling him to chase down a loose ball, and he can take it past opponents. The squad really does have some of the most exciting forwards in the division.