Lawless Welsh Erskine

Doolan

Bench:

Smith(gk)

Craig

Slane

Balatoni

Elliot

Has Smith been signed?? He has played 3 games as a trialist, I think, and thats the maximum.

It would be pretty tough on Sinclair to be left out completely. Apart from the one mistake last week he had a good game.

Hard one to call, though, as Bannigan is definitely putting in very solid performances.

I just felt that the defence was a lot more secure in the opening few games. It started to get shaky when Welsh got injured and Bannigan was moved forward. Put him back and have the solidity back, i think.

By the sounds of it neither Welsh or Doolan are fully fit so going with last weeks team.

The subs bench is were it gets difficult! At the start of the season many on the forum pointed to us being week here but jackie has really strengthened the squad.

............................Fox

O'Donnell....Muirhead.....Archibald….. Sinclair

...................... Murray...........................

.......... Paton………………...Bannigan

………...Lawless..............Erskine

.......................Elliot

Subs:

Scully

Welsh

Slane

Doolan

Craig

Edited by Alan Murray

By the sounds of it neither Welsh or Doolan are fully fit so going with last weeks team.

The subs bench is were it gets difficult! At the start of the season many on the forum pointed to us being week here but not now, jackie has really strengthened the squad.

............................Fox

O'Donnell....Muirhead.....Archibald….. Sinclair

...................... Murray...........................

.......... Paton………………...Bannigan

………...Lawless..............Erskine

.......................Elliot

Subs:

Scully

Welsh

Slane

Doolan

Craig

I hope thats not true, but if it is I can understand NOT taking risky chances with them, but with Sinclair moving to the back and Bannigan moving to the middle we have toiled a bit. We have had to DIG out the past two results (although thats a fantastic trait to have), so we could try out Forbes for a good length at the start of the game and introduce Welsh later. Up front its good we have two decent strikers to come on.But I would put Bannigan back at left back and leave Sinclair on the bench

I think it would be extremely harsh to drop Christie after his recent performances but suspect he may need to settle for a place on the bench. His willing running is very effective and greatly helps the team, especially in away games, to press and retain our shape; when he went off last week, Raith began to take a hold of the game. I do think Stevie Craig offers something very similar though, and his experience and goal threat may see him start ahead of Christie. It is worrying that Doolan still appears to be struggling to train and I doubt he is in a position to start at the moment. Hopefully he can manage another 30 minutes tomorrow and is fully fit for the Cowdenbeath game next Sunday.

It's a big bonus to have Welsh back but it wouldn't be wise to rush him straight back into the starting line-up. I'd be quite happy to see him getting a similar amount of time as Doolan and having him fit for next week.

In the aftermath of last week's game, I would have been tempted to drop Sinclair to the bench but I think his pace could be valuable in this game, especially if Morton start with Davie Graham who is nippy and plays on the right usually.

In summary, the only change I would make from last week would be Craig in for Christie who drops to the bench with Wightman/Scully, Welsh, Slane/Forbes and Doolan. We must have the strongest substitutes in the league at this minute.

A draw wouldn't be the worst result tomorrow but the pitch at Cappielow is usually in very decent condition and that will suit us.

I think there's a good chance we might start with the exact same team actually. I'd be in more of a rush to get Welsh back in than Doolan tbh because I think Elliot's doing pretty well at the moment.

They have big Mark McLaughlin at the back. So if we start with Elliot he'll likely go toe-to-toe with him, whereas Doolan would probably try and work round him. Be interesting to see the approach.

I imagine Slane will come on with 20 or so to go and be interesting to see how he does. Lawless looked a wee bit off it towards the end last week and maybe needs some sort of rest.

Amazing the strength of depth we have now.

Our second XI would be Scully, Campbell, Balatoni, Rowson, Sinclair, Craigan, Slane, Forbes, McGuigan, Elliot and Craig which is a pretty decent side. I'd imagine it would probably stay up. We should put a Thistle B side in the third division.

Full Strength according to Jackie.

Should be two changes. Sinclair and Elliot OUT, Doolan and Welsh IN

Fox

O'Donnell Muirhead Archibald Bannigan

Murray Paton

Lawless Welsh Erskine

Doolan

Bench:

Smith(gk)

Craig

Slane

Balatoni