Just In From Cove

potty trained

cracking day out and it seemed a decent crowd considering the opposition.

ruddy cold though, kids certainly were feeling it near the end of the game but all the fun of a cup game

the goal from the Cove boy was a corker and well done foxy on the penalty save(no shame in conceding their goal as it was top drawer)

have to say the sfa peeps with the Scottish cup must be bonkers, quite happy to let my 2 near it :)

548377_437652336290928_1670047920_n.jpg

Edited by Toaster

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only things I'd add are it was a cracker of a goal the Cove boy scored BUT I can't believe how easy we gave away possession in the last few minutes of the game. Even with 10 men we should have been knocking the ball back & to the side instead of knocking long where Eliot, it has to be said, was giving it away.

Was there a problem with lack of communication, or is Fox just a bit unworldly? Punting high balls up to one or two strikers in the thick of four defenders when your team is already one man down isn't rational behaviour. Of course we were going to lose possession! He could have thrown the ball out to a defender or midfielder, or even taken shorter kicks, but no.....the ball was just presented to Cove Rangers time after time. No wonder we lost a goal! We were lucky not to lose more: just think if the penalty had been properly placed. <shudder>

Was there a problem with lack of communication, or is Fox just a bit unworldly? Punting high balls up to one or two strikers in the thick of four defenders when your team is already one man down isn't rational behaviour. Of course we were going to lose possession! He could have thrown the ball out to a defender or midfielder, or even taken shorter kicks, but no.....the ball was just presented to Cove Rangers time after time. No wonder we lost a goal! We were lucky not to lose more: just think if the penalty had been properly placed. <shudder>

Must have been game plan. I noticed O'Donnell was told to bolt when requesting the ball by Fox. Result Linford traps the ball to Cove player :(

Can't see Bannigan being ready to come in next Saturday surely? Hopefully SInclair rediscovers his form for last season.

What is wrong with Welsh? Not only do we miss him during normal play but he is a real threat in the box from corners.

Not too bothered about Craig, we were only ever going to play one of him and Doolan next Saturday and this makes the managers job easier, Craig has been playing well but this gives us the perfect excuse to bring back Doolan who I much prefer.

Can't see Bannigan being ready to come in next Saturday surely? Hopefully SInclair rediscovers his form for last season.

What is wrong with Welsh? Not only do we miss him during normal play but he is a real threat in the box from corners.

Not too bothered about Craig, we were only ever going to play one of him and Doolan next Saturday and this makes the managers job easier, Craig has been playing well but this gives us the perfect excuse to bring back Doolan who I much prefer.

Was goin round the Aitken suite he has a fracture but not heard anything official

I'm not convined Elliot would have won the ball from the long by kicks if he and fox had been the only players on the park.

What I find frustrating is when the midfielders and defenders keep possesion working the ball about only to pass it back to Fox who then wellies it as far as he can defeating the purpose of all the nice possession play. To be honest more often than not he'll look for a player around him so perhaps he's just mixing things up a little.

Edited by scottymagoo

Craig now out of next weeks game and deserved so after total idiocy. He got the free kick and it wasn't even that bad a challenge so only he will know the need to try to kick the boy in the face.

This and even worse, Craig was actually playing for the foul in the first place.

I'm sure the positives he brings to the team outweigh the negatives and one of the latter is obviously rashness. Not unrelated I though he was almost as daft when he got injured at Livingston going needlessly heavily into a tackle.

Having said that a quick glance at Craig's record doesn't show up a bad disciplinary history especially for a niggly forward. Maybe daft as yesterday's sending off was, it will proved to be isolated and not an indication of what's to come.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

A very strange game.

We'd have won 4 or 5 nil had we kept 11 men on the park. Even with 10 men, we were still a threat and some of the chances we missed were ridiculous.

Thought the ref was far far too fat to be keeping up with play (thought these guys had a fitness programme to keep to), only decision he got right all game was the sending off and he needed his linesman to make that decision for him.

Thought the ref was far far too fat to be keeping up with play (thought these guys had a fitness programme to keep to), only decision he got right all game was the sending off and he needed his linesman to make that decision for him.

I work at the same company as Mike Tumilty and his weight is the reason he's no longer an SPL ref. A really good guy, but always been appalling when I've seen him ref Thistle games. To be fair whenever I've seen him ref other games he's been decent so I'm maybe allowing my Thistle bias to cloud my judgement of his performances in Jags games.

I work at the same company as Mike Tumilty and his weight is the reason he's no longer an SPL ref. A really good guy, but always been appalling when I've seen him ref Thistle games. To be fair whenever I've seen him ref other games he's been decent so I'm maybe allowing my Thistle bias to cloud my judgement of his performances in Jags games.

There's no bias in pointing out he's a complete clown of a ref who allowed John Baird to punch the ball into the Thistle net last season and even overruled the linesman who flagged it.

One of the worst refs at this level which is quite an achievement.

There's no bias in pointing out he's a complete clown of a ref who allowed John Baird to punch the ball into the Thistle net last season and even overruled the linesman who flagged it.

One of the worst refs at this level which is quite an achievement.

The Baird decision was a shocker, and having just watched the Cove highlights so was the penalty. Definitely hit Balatoni in the chest.

As previously said Craig was a moron to behave the way he did. Im surprised to hear he could miss out on 3 games or so.

There was a guy in front of me commenting on how great Aaron SInclair is at going past opposition players and is really fast on the wing makes for brilliant football - he may be fast but I am sick to the back teeth of his crosses into the penalty area that are so often overhit they go out to the far touchline or they just go straight to their keeper. He seems to have constantly done this in all the time he has been here I thought he would have improved.

Forbes goal was well taken, felt he and Paton were our best players.

Christie Elliot can be fast when he comes on but really needs to improve on his goal scoring form. Given that Liam Buchanan can be signed just now on an amateur contract until January I think he perhaps would be a better player to come off the bench and additionally perhaps offer some competition to Craig and Elliot or in case any of them get injured. Although capable of missing chances Buchanan is capable of scoring as well and given that he knows half the players and the Manager would do no harm to see what he can do till January

Edited by Third Lanark

As previously said Craig was a moron to behave the way he did. Im surprised to hear he could miss out on 3 games or so.

It's a red card for Violent Conduct. Violent Conduct suspensions are always 3 match bans. There could be a couple more matches added on, as he recently served an 8 match ban with Ross County.