Jags Sign Goalkeeper

ayrshire jag

Was a good young keeper at Motherwell, and he should fit right into the squad as he knows Forbes, Lawless and Slane really well. As said above all players have off days and a few have been highlighted, but he is a lot more experienced than scully and in my opinion should be an ideal replacement for Fox.

He saved a penalty from a young Forbes in the 6-6 draw with Motherwell.

2 Well fans in my work say he's a liability

Motherwell fan in my work said he'll do a great job or us...

Also said lawless will hit the skids during the winter on the shitty pitches, but will be back on fire during the spring.

Said to expect even more from Forbes.

And said that Slaine can go and take two fcks to himself.

I think if you have a reserve goalkeeper you really have to give him a chance. That would be a demoralising vote of no confidence for Ryan Scully if on an opportunity to show what you,ve got as second choice keeper the carpet is whipped from under you.

As Jackie is giving Youth a chance I see Scully starting and hope he does.

I think if you have a reserve goalkeeper you really have to give him a chance. That would be a demoralising vote of no confidence for Ryan Scully if on an opportunity to show what you,ve got as second choice keeper the carpet is whipped from under you.

As Jackie is giving Youth a chance I see Scully starting and hope he does.

Yes we have a youthful of squad however, having read the match preview it is pretty clear that Jackie wants someone with experience in goals.

"Ryan Scully did well for us when he came into the side last season but this is a different kind of pressure now. It’s important that we have an experienced goalkeeper and Graeme is that. He’s looked good in training, looks a good talker and has a real presence about him.”

http://ptfc.co.uk/te...amilton/preview

Reading between the lines it would seem that McNamara would prefer to start Smith.

All the best to whomever is between the sticks this evening.

Yes but Smith said that he is not fully fit in the Evening Times. If Scully is on the bench, it would suggest that the manager does not have confidence in him. In that case, we should have signed a back-up keeper for Fox earlier.

• Like 1

An article about Graeme in ET http://www.eveningti...7341n.19420065?

Difficult situation and I sincerely hope things work out well and not just on the park.

Odd that there isn't a single mention of Scully in the article!

So, we can play our young reserve keeper who trains with the squad every day and who has had mixed fortunes in the few first team games he's already played, or we can play an unknown journeyman keeper who has never held down a first team spot for long anywhere, who by his own admission is not match fit, and who currently has unfortunate family problems that would probably be a distraction.

Interesting one for the manager.

or we can play an unknown journeyman keeper who has never held down a first team spot for long anywhere, who by his own admission is not match fit, and who currently has unfortunate family problems that would probably be a distraction.

:happy2:

I think this episode has very much unveiled Jackie's thoughts on Scully's capability to play in the first team at this moment in time.

Edited by Armand2
  • Like 1