Pars Fans' View Of The Game

Jaggernaut

Has anybody checked their forum(s)? A real mixture of folk claiming that the Thistle fans were brilliant, others saying that they were cr*ap, people saying the team was brilliant, others saying that Dumbfermline will prevail in the long run, others saying that the stewarding/ organization for away fans (notably for disabled away fans) was well below acceptable standards.....

Worth a look:

http://dafc.info/for...18281&t=1218281

Actually, it gets bizarre: "Free entry for armed forces was only for the home fans"...????????!!!!!

Hmm, also claims that some fans managed to pay in with cash at the turnstyle.

In fact, the Club is coming in for a whole lot of criticism from the sore losers, including talks of boycotting Firhill next time.

Edited by Jaggernaut

the stuff with the disabled supporter is shocking but they seem to forget where we have been sitting on the last few occasions we've been there in that wee crappy stand (apart from the first game this season)at least in the jackie husband you have a full view with no pillars in the way and you can see the goal at the other end of the park!

Does get bizarre on there, do you think this guy is taking the piss?

"Seconded, well said that man, and then that performance, and I fell out my wheelchair. To say I am pissed off is an understatement."

But seriously that pars forum is worse than on here - buses leaving without folk, guy running bus complaining because people never turned up and pars fans thinking they will still win it haha!! Honestly just a bunch of people complaining for the sake of it!!

Edited by little_miss_jag

Well to be fair, it seems that they do have some valid complaints, especially about being told inaccuracies by unhelpful stewards, and it needs to be looked at to be honest.

Exactly. The last thing we want to be doing is putting off paying customers. I can understand the stewards being under pressure because of the big crowd, but basics like that shouldn't be a problem. The signage is pretty poor for away fans, and I can understand why people might be getting lost -- surely putting a sign up telling them where to go and what to do wouldn't be that difficult.

Stewarding seems to be universally awful around the country, not just at Firhill. I remember hearing the Dumbarton fans were far from impressed when they visited, so perhaps the club should have a word.

Maybe away clubs should be notified that their fans who use wheelchairs will be accomodated in the main stand. I didn't realise the Jackie Husband didn't have wheelchair access. I know I would be a bit annoyed traipsing to fro between stands in heavy rain.

I would think that these issues weren't helped by a large crowd. I am sure we will deal with our next big gate in smoother fashion.

From what I have heard the guy in the wheelchair insisted that he sat with the rest of the dunfermline fans and was not willing to accept a place in the main stand.

There's no doubt that the stewards were caught out by the big crowds on saturday. So yes, some of the points are valid and we must try and do better with the stewarding. I gather that Sporting Solutions who provide the stewards keep an eye on the forum so hopefully they will pick this up.

From what I have heard the guy in the wheelchair insisted that he sat with the rest of the dunfermline fans and was not willing to accept a place in the main stand.

There's no doubt that the stewards were caught out by the big crowds on saturday. So yes, some of the points are valid and we must try and do better with the stewarding. I gather that Sporting Solutions who provide the stewards keep an eye on the forum so hopefully they will pick this up.

And they all lived happily ever after.

While this other thread, is comedy gold.

"I was very disappointed today with the result and also being left at the ground with my friend at the end of the game with no mini bus to be seen, it had gone without us and four others. 11 pound is expensive for a one way ticket."

Fair play to the driver - the bus probably looked full at 4.30pm as legions of them fecked off after our 4th goal went screaming into the top left hand corner. :)

But seriously - well down to whoever was responsible at the club for quickly and competently dealing with wheelchairgate. The complainer seems genuinely thankful and accepting of whatever apology came from the club. I didn't think it showed us in a great light, so it's refreshing to read that we seem to have turned the tide of opinion. Well done to all involved.