Tickets On Sale For Ramsdens.. But Not Really On Sale

topcat

Whilst I applaud the efforts by PTFC to maximise the revenue they can attract for the Cup final there does seem to be a pre sale going on that I feel is becoming a bit exclusive.

I have absolutely no problems with all season ticket holders getting a few tickets but we have now had two schemes to sell tickets only based on making additional money on something else.

1. Games package

2. Corporate hospitality.

What will be next. Buy a full home kit for Xmas and get a ticket.

I would say that both these schemes for releasing tickets favour those with deeper pockets.

So if you are a pretty well off season ticket holder you will trump everyone on the number of tickets you could get and then might still stand in the queue for the public sale.

Everyone would now agree that the kids go free has been a success but how are these kids being catered for in both these schemes, not to forget students and concessionaries. Not many of those parents will want a games package or a corporate.

Thoughts?

Whilst I applaud the efforts by PTFC to maximise the revenue they can attract for the Cup final there does seem to be a pre sale going on that I feel is becoming a bit exclusive.

I have absolutely no problems with all season ticket holders getting a few tickets but we have now had two schemes to sell tickets only based on making additional money on something else.

1. Games package

I would say that both these schemes for releasing tickets favour those with deeper pockets.

So if you are a pretty well off season ticket holder you will trump everyone on the number of tickets you could get and then might still stand in the queue for the public sale.

Everyone would now agree that the kids go free has been a success but how are these kids being catered for in both these schemes, not to forget students and concessionaries. Not many of those parents will want a games package or a corporate.

Thoughts?

Think kids get a good deal at firhill all year round..canny grumble with this

considering there's probably going to be >4000 tickets I wouldn't worry too much. Not all season ticket holders will use both of their tickets, and they can only get so many people into hospitality. Realistically, there will be at least 2000 tickets on general sale, which should be enough for everyone.

1. Games package

Thoughts?

My only thought is you ran out of things to complain about and saw something positive that the club were doing and turned it into a negative.

Also there is a Ramsdens cup final hospitality thread - this post could have easily been posted there meaning I could have avoided your moan and negativity. This would have also let you see other peoples thoughts on it.

You will get a ticket - how many times does someone need to tell you that?

Edit to add: There is no exclusivity - your not being told your not good enough because your not rich or a regular. The game package needed something to get people buying before Christmas - a ticket to the Ramsdens cup final does that but also generates money for the club for January - I don't know if you noticed but our club need money to sign up some our players who we are in great danger of losing for free again. The hospitality package shows initiative and again allows the club to generate some money. Why can you not see that? Surely the survival of our club and ensuring we keep our squad together is more important than you getting a ticket to the Ramsdens cup final?

Do you know what our club needs? A big good old pat on the back because for once they are using initiative and planning ahead. Well done to the club - who knew that Maxwell would be such a great general manager!

Edited by little_miss_jag
  • Like 2

Forums are about opinion and I have an opinion.

Would be a pretty boring forum if nobody challenged and everybody agreed.

I just think I see a trend that if it continues may eventaully have other thinking twice also.

Sorry but I,m not going away any time soon.

Watch this space.

• Like 1

I just think I see a trend that if it continues may eventaully have other thinking twice also.

Watch this space.

Well done. You completely missed the point and failed to address any points other people said.

• Like 1

Watch this space.

I am not saying don't challenge and don't have an opinion. I think everyone would agree I have a bloody opinion on everything.

What I can't understand is such negativity. I understand your concerns of missing your first final (not sure if you made 71). I get all that. Most regular posters will know that you are worried due to other threads.

But when the club are doing something for a change - planning ahead and doing so well at it, when fans are feeling a real part of the club and there is a real "we are all in it together" buzz around - I don't understand all the negativity from you in that post. I don't understand why you feel the need to complain about something which is actually rather wonderful for our club to do for a change. The club deserve some praise not this silly thread about how you feel priced out

There is a small risk you might not a get a ticket but it doesn't require you to be so negative. As I said in previous post which you appear to have ignored, there is no exclusivity, that is all in your head,

Edited by little_miss_jag

Watch this space.

You have an opinion. Now, people have responded to your opinion and shown it to be ill-informed and unreasonable. The ball is now in your court to respond to that, seeing as it was you that started the thread in the first place.

Simply saying "well that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it" doesn't wash I'm afraid.

Harlan Ellison - "You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."

Edited by ian_mac

You have an opinion. Now, people have responded to your opinion and shown it to be ill-informed and unreasonable. The ball is now in your court to respond to that, seeing as it was you that started the thread in the first place.

Simply saying "well that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it" doesn't wash I'm afraid.

Harlan Ellison - "You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."

In what way is his opinion ill-informed? He appears to be fully informed to me.

In what way is his opinion ill-informed? He appears to be fully informed to me.

OK here we go.

Making these packages available in no way shape or form does this. Standard match tickets will of course be available. He must have pretty deep pockets himself if he is flying in from Qatar especially. This is merely an option for those who want hospitality at this particular match.

I can't see many people "touting" tickets for a challenge cup final

Hospitality has never been a place for kids - this package is OBVIOUSLY not going to be targeted at kids! The kids and their parents will get chances to buy tickets in the general sale just like everyone else.

He seems to think that the only way to go to the game is to pay either £55 or £85. THAT is why he is ill-informed

Edited by ian_mac

He clearly does not think the only way to get there is to purchase one of these packages. All of the points listed are disagreements of opinion, you are both in full possession of the facts and therefore both opinions are informed. It's an opinion that is unlikely to be widely shared but he is perfectly entitled to it.