Pre Match Pint.

distel

The Woody was murder before the match today, 15 minute wait to get served as they only had two bar staff on, not for the first time this season.

Similar experience to what I had at the S&G today. Totally blanked at the bar for the best part of 20mins while people clearly behind me but (taller with sideburns) knew the landlords name got served before me. Pretty pissed off at this.

Really want to like this bar but the service is really poor.

Similar experience to what I had at the S&G today. Totally blanked at the bar for the best part of 20mins while people clearly behind me but (taller with sideburns) knew the landlords name got served before me. Pretty pissed off at this.

From what I seen in the S&G today the bar staff did well to get people served quickly considering how busy it was. I am not the tallest girl and got served within 5 minutes.

1st time in the S&G today and was pretty good!! Shall be back next week.

HI G SUS - hiya pal!

As someone who visits the Star pretty much every time we play at Firhill, I'm disappointed to hear this. The only time the service has been poor has been these big games vs Dunfermline and Morton. I thought perhaps they'd of expected a bigger rush in the pub post 2pm and maybe had a third person behind the bar.

It's a stick on that you'll get a better experience in a less busier home game. The staff are quick but the downside to the Star is that the staff have four sides of the bar to serve. Hopefully they'll plan ahead and decide to get a third person behind the bar in really busy home games in the future.

Do sideburns guarantee quicker service? :)

That would have been me who was served before you, if you were to my left, I did apologise to you. And you dud get served straight after me.

I suppose when Michael sees a face who's been in there every second Saturday for the last 10 years, it's easy to prioritise.

Bearing in mind I bought 4 identical drinks and had the correct money it probably took 30 seconds to get served. Plus others at the other side of the bar were getting served quicker than those at our side.

Need to give a special mention to big Duncan that runs the city centre bus.

We've been doing a football card after every home game amongst the regulars to raise money for a bus to the cup final. Big Duncan took a couple of teams and actually won the card, but instead of taking the winnings he was due, he put it back in to the funds.

Considering this guy runs a bus himself I thought it was a terrific gesture.

• Like 4

Need to give a special mention to big Duncan that runs the city centre bus.

We've been doing a football card after every home game amongst the regulars to raise money for a bus to the cup final. Big Duncan took a couple of teams and actually won the card, but instead of taking the winnings he was due, he put it back in to the funds.

Considering this guy runs a bus himself I thought it was a terrific gesture.

Great gesture by Duncan. Good luck with your bus as well guys. Are there any other pubs running buses? I heard rumours about the Brass Monkey. I guess GaryPeeblesTackle could confirm that one.

Due to folical challenging I will remember to bring two cooked pork chops on my next visit to the Star and Garter ;)

Seriously, never had issues with service in there. Cheap and cheerful as well. Went to Coopers and it was noticably busy with home and away fans heading for the game. Was a good mixed crowd in afterwards.

Edited by jagfox

Great gesture by Duncan. Good luck with your bus as well guys. Are there any other pubs running buses? I heard rumours about the Brass Monkey. I guess GaryPeeblesTackle could confirm that one.

Due to folical challenging I will remember to bring two cooked pork chops on my next visit to the Star and Garter ;)

Seriously, never had issues with service in there. Cheap and cheerful as well. Went to Coopers and it was noticably busy with home and away fans heading for the game. Was a good mixed crowd in afterwards.

We've talked about it. Not sure how big a bus it would be though!

Only thing is that we don't want to detract from other buses, but most of our Jaggy regulars tend to drive / get train to the games.

The plan, such as it is, is to meet about 12pm at the pub, get a BBQ on the go, get some food & some drinks, get a drink & head to Livi. THEN, win the cup, sing a few songs, come back & be very merry. Those who are going to see Meat Loaf at the SECC can then do so...

I'll post full details once we work it all out...

Edited by Gary Peebles Tackle
  • Like 1

We've talked about it. Not sure how big a bus it would be though!

Only thing is that we don't want to detract from other buses, but most of our Jaggy regulars tend to drive / get train to the games.

The plan, such as it is, is to meet about 12pm at the pub, get a BBQ on the go, get some food & some drinks, get a drink & head to Livi. THEN, win the cup, sing a few songs, come back & be very merry. Those who are going to see Meat Loaf at the SECC can then do so...

I'll post full details once we work it all out...

Thanks for prompt response.

Sounds great. :D

Ever thought of expanding to run catering outlets at a first division football ground ;) No money in it probably but it could make a lot of happier Jags fans :D

• 2 months later...

Gambrinos on Gt Western Road is well worth a visit post-match. Great beer, great staff, great food and food deals and a good sprinkling of Jags. A TV if you like that sort of thing and allows weans in.

come on, Foamy: tonight it was wall to wall JAZZ. There is no place for that muck in Scottish football.

Two buses running from the Woody.

• Like 1