Undersoil Heating

GrantB

Today's Daily Ranger and The H_un both running stories quoting McNamara saying that the club may not turn on the USH for Saturday's game as it would cost the club £3K

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/partick-thistle-boss-jackie-mcnamara-1485422

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/leaguedivision1/4693416/Jackie-Jags-may-not-switch-undersoil-ON.html

I'll be gutted to miss another weekend of Thistle action, especially since our last game was the spirited yet disappointing cup defeat to Dumfermline Athletic in the cup :(

I feel we should get the game on to keep the players ticking over. Would we take the same decision ahead of a potentially larger crowd against Morton on Boxing day?

Pretty sure the game on Saturday isn't in any doubt - the under-soil heating will be on if needed. In the last couple of years when we've been strapped for cash, we've always managed to turn it on, and this season we've turned a small profit and crowd numbers are up.

Comment was at a book launch for a book (surprisingly!) in which McNamara has written a piece about a switch to summer footie. Sure he was just highlighting how expensive it is to keep the status quo.

• Like 1

I cant accept this is actually being considered by the club, must be paper talk. It's the most amatuerish thing ive ever heard. Raith will take say 200 fans on sat, there is the undersoil paid for right there. They will bring no-one if its midweek.

I dont believe this to be true, it's ridiculous. Given the context the comment was made in, like another poster said, its prob just jackie making a point. We need to get some momentum going and get clear of dunfermline not postponing matches for what in the long run is pocket change.

Sadly, I see where the club is coming from. thats another 176 paying adults to break even. At sub-zero temperatures our gate will be down, for this tie to be re-arranged and the probability of it being in 2013 and warmer temperatures, mid week could perhaps attract a larger gate.

Hit on the nail, methinks.

Re-scheduling for a midweek anytime between now and maybe about mid February would likely mean a crowd reduction way in excess of 176 paying adults. A midweek game re-arranged for late winter-early spring would most likely see a crowd no smaller than what's anticipated for Saturday.

As postponed games are rarely put that far back I can't see any commercial judgement favouring not sticking the lecky on.

If this game is off due to not wanting to put the USH on then it's an absolute joke.

We need games played, and points won, not a backlog of games jamming up February, March and April.

Remember the last time we won SFL1? We got all our games played, built up a healthy lead and made the opponents chase us down. There is a LOT more pressure on the chasing team.

Thought 1

There is a warm front with strong winds moving in from the Atlantic Ocean.

Thought 2

By Friday the temperatures in Glasgow will be 7 - 8 degrees higher than at present.

Thought 3

There will be no overnight frost on Friday.

Thought 4

The game is not in any threat from a frozen pitch.

Thought 5

How many of you does it take to star a panic?

Fewer than you would imagine.

And finally

Now that you have less to bother you, go and read something other than the Truely Daily Wretched.

If you are stuck I will lend you our family copy of "Priscilla the Weather Fairy". Which will be a great deal more illuminating than your other National Rag.

• Like 1

If it was made clear that the game could have been on if the under soil heating was on but the Club chose not to, wouldn't the Club get fined?

I imagine any possible fine would be far more than the money needed for the under soil heating to be used. This game has to be on and the club should do everything in it's power to make sure it is. End of story.

If it was made clear that the game could have been on if the under soil heating was on but the Club chose not to, wouldn't the Club get fined?

No. Livvy have done that loads of times. No SFL rule about USH, only SPL (did I say "SPL" and "rule")?

Another thought - Welsh & Fox are injured...

But I believe the game will be on!

Lunch was good...

Utter sh*te peddled by two barely readable periodicals that can't even pander to the lowest common denominator. A McNamara quote taken out of context to pad out a day when there's no 'Third Division' news or East Glasgow BS to fill space. And we waste our time on here 'discussing' and in cases getting our knickers in a twist.....

Isn't the Internet great?

• Like 1