Our Next Seven Games...

G SUS

FACT: Having a look at our league fixtures shows that 5 of the next 7 are away from home.

FACT:The run is:

FACT: Livi (A), Dumbarton (A), Falkirk (H), Cowdenbeath (H), Cowdenbeath (A), Raith Rovers (A), Morton (A).

OPINION:I think this could be the most important run of games in our season.

QUESTION: How many points do you think we will need to achieve to still be in the title mix, and do you think we'll get it?

Edited by G SUS

Just looked at ours, mortons and dunfermlines corresponding fixtures in this run. we play 7, they both play 6.

i think in this run of games, we'll take 17 points, morton 13 points and dunfermline 16 points....

Thistle 50 points

Dunfermline 49 points

Morton 48 points

all in, the run of games right up to the end of february is important (includes the two games after you have listed)... the last two weekends of february see dunfermline playing us and morton!

The 4 from Dumbarton until the Cowdenbeath away game are must win for me plus at least a point v Morton so they don't gain another 3 points against us. So 13 for me would be enough for us to still be in contention at the top since one of those is our game in hand.

Dunfermline and Morton are both averaging just under 2 points a game, I think we just need to maintain a similar record through these games to be fine.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

FACT: Having a look at our league fixtures shows that 5 of the next 7 are away from home.

FACT:The run is:

FACT: Livi (A), Dumbarton (A), Falkirk (H), Cowdenbeath (H), Cowdenbeath (A), Raith Rovers (A), Morton (A).

OPINION:I think this could be the most important run of games in our season.

QUESTION: How many points do you think we will need to achieve to still be in the title mix, and do you think we'll get it?

As PT just said I think our fixtures should be compared with that of Morton and Dumfermline. With that in mind I would expect us to be top by the end of February.

Also it would be our next 8 games as I imagine our game with Hamilton will be re-arranged between now and the end of Feb.

So thats 5 away 3 at home. With that in mind I would take 17 points at best and 14 at worst..

Edited by little_miss_jag

I see Cowden have signed Sam Stanton from Hibs and Hemmings from Sevco on loan in addition to the recent loan signing of Ryan Caddis from St Johnstone. They have been struggling but seem to be worried by Dumbarton's mini revival. Could be tough winning back to back games against them.

Hopefully the Sons will tail off after beating Dunfermline on Saturday ;)

A tough schedule, I hope McNamara has a plan. He cited discipline both in terms of avoiding red cards and the team keeping its shape as being a vital factor in the coming months. I would readily agree with him.

It will be an expensive couple of months following the Thistle. I'm glad I'm having a dry January :P

Every "next 7 games is important" in a league. This goes without saying. Just like Jackie said the next 6 games over Christmas is important. We lost to our nearest challengers, drew to the bottom of the league but are still in in. A game at a time, Manchester United style, is the only one that works.

16th feb Morton - Thistle

23rd feb Dunfermline - Morton

2nd mar Dunfermline - Thistle

However, I listed above 3 weeks in a row that will be important. Come 16th feb I think all three teams will be reasonably close and then we all play each other. This is going to be a real test and could either cement the top teams position or bring about a twist in title race. If we go into these three games in a position similar to just now, I am confident we can come out on top.

Slightly off topic but still relative..I firmly believe now that you will see a cut throat league developing with everyone capable of taking points off everyone..Dumbarton and Airdire included.

I hope I'm wrong but I can't see us running away with it..as the OP says 5 of our next 7 are away from home and our away form is pish!

FACT: There are 60 points still to play for.

OPINION: Yes, but given our mid-table esque away form, I think this could be the defining spell in our title challenge. If we drop too many "silly" points in this run of games, then it could be game over.

FACT: There are 60 points still to play for.

I think 75 points will win the league this season with three teams going strong and one certain to tail off. So by my reckoning thats 42 points or roughly 2/3rds of points. So win all our home and draw all our away (on average) and we will win the league. So far we have 9 points from 7 away games, so long as our home record keeps going then we don't really have to improve away.

• 1 month later...

Just looked at ours, mortons and dunfermlines corresponding fixtures in this run. we play 7, they both play 6.

i think in this run of games, we'll take 17 points, morton 13 points and dunfermline 16 points....

Thistle 50 points

Dunfermline 49 points

Morton 48 points

all in, the run of games right up to the end of february is important (includes the two games after you have listed)... the last two weekends of february see dunfermline playing us and morton!

Well, we didn't play as many as hoped. Up to the Morton game... Infact, we played 5 instead of 7, Morton played 6 out of 6, Dunfy played 5 out of 6.

Of those 5 games, we took 8 from a possible 15

Morton took 14 from a possible 18.

Dunfy took 6 from a possible 15.

Edited by potty trained
  • Like 1

Well, we didn't play as many as hoped. Up to the Morton game... Infact, we played 5 instead of 7, Morton played 6 out of 6, Dunfy played 5 out of 6.

Of those 5 games, we took 8 from a possible 15

Morton took 14 from a possible 18.

Dunfy took 6 from a possible 15.

So we came out as the worst of the three teams?