One set of fans goads another set of fans at a play off game? Unheard of!

Well, it's shame you think that, but I still hope you do OK.

Well you just answered your own question! Imagine football fans being irrational!

I don't particularly dislike Dundee United more than say Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen etc. and 1996 aside, don't have much gripe with their support. I remember a number of them staying to applaud John Lambie in his last home game.

I also agree with you in relation to European pedigree, potential crowds etc they are a bigger team.

They have been responsible for some particularly sore incidents which have been extremely detrimental to my team; in that regard i don't have much liking for them, but dont despise them the way i do Sevco, for example.

However I don't care much for your chairman or the way he has gone about this appointment. And you may have just ensured that our season gets wrecked. Again.

Think it will be Archie and Hugh Murray.

Not having a dig here but wondering why people keep suggesting Murray.

He has been here for half a season and has been out of the 1st team for half of that.

Does he have any coaching badges etc or is it just his age and a wise head that prompts this as a suggestion ?

The most important thing is getting a good manager? No sh*t Einstein. Now's not the time for irritating obvious comment.

Nor is it creditable or constructive to hold or express feelings of good will to Mr. McNamara in his footballing career. He's abandoned us for a competitor. I sincerely hope he fails with his every endeavour at that club and any other he chooses. If any good is to come of his departure it will be that, the so called "step up" is just as likely to damage you as reward you.

I thought Jackie was one of an exciting new breed of brave young managers taking not only the jags, but scottish football to an exciting new era. I'm afraid his decision to leave a job less than half done, when he had the opportunity to make a huge difference by showing there's more to our game than the SPL usual suspects is, very sadly, predictable, unimaginative, emotionless, uninspiring, BORING!

You can fiddle with the leagues all you want. But if everybody shows a similar attitude to Jackie Scottish football is doomed to further years of staid monotony.

Not having a dig here but wondering why people keep suggesting Murray.

He has been here for half a season and has been out of the 1st team for half of that.

Does he have any coaching badges etc or is it just his age and a wise head that prompts this as a suggestion ?

Getting the same feeling about Archie.

Why?

• Like 1

Why?

Because we have a game on Saturday and, in the absence of the board making a quick appointment before then, we need someone to pick and organise the team. The two most experienced players in the team, one of whom has been coaching the youths and reserves, are the obvious choices to act as caretakers, particularly in the absence of any other coaching staff.

Why?

As far as I know Shuggie has been helping Archie out when taking the reserves. In regards to coaching badges I have no idea, but can only assume that they could be taking them together/or had already started taking them last season?

Because we have a game on Saturday and, in the absence of the board making a quick appointment before then, we need someone to pick and organise the team. The two most experienced players in the team, one of whom has been coaching the youths and reserves, are the obvious choices to act as caretakers, particularly in the absence of any other coaching staff.

Whoa easy tiger!

I think the inference is in relation to longer term, ie at least til the end of the season. And that was my point.

I would be surprised if it wasn't the two of them on Saturday!

Is there a need for 2 people ?

I am not anti Hugh Murray and do not wish to give the impression that I am. Probably very badly though !

Could Gerry not step in to help as he has had managerial experience previously ( not wishing to start a debate on the whole britton / Whyte failed tenure ) ?

Been away for a couple of days only to return to this. Absolutely gutted. It's really taken the wind out of my sails. And for what? Dundee feckin' United. JM could really have achived something with us.

Apologies if I'm behind the rest of you when it comes to the stages of grief.

I really don't understand the need for a quick appointment. If you ran a non-footballing company with the turnover we have, when needing to recruit a new manager you would spend three months conducting interviews and doing due diligence on each candidate. In football, clubs rush to select those who are fashionable at that moment in time and end up paying tons in compo when then get sacked 18 months down the line.

I appreciate that football has different pressures, but two or three weeks isn't that big a deal.

Chances are we'll have Archie and Murray looking after everything with Maxwell overseeing their efforts for the next few weeks.

So, should United fans be worried at their Club taking on a manager who has shown he's quite happy to leave a job only partially done if he's successful?

If you were shagging a pretty hot burd who was cheating on her boyfriend with you, would you take her as a girlfriend if she split up with the boyfriend knowing that she has a history of cheating on her past boyfriends?

• Members

If you were shagging a pretty hot burd who was cheating on her boyfriend with you, would you take her as a girlfriend if she split up with the boyfriend knowing that she has a history of cheating on her past boyfriends?

At my age Twinny, that is a highly unlikely scenario!!!