I'd like to see the Club make a quick response to this now. For continuity's sake, I'd have Archie and Hinchy in for Saturday's game if Sid leaves at the same time as Jackie.

I've never really understood why there is always pressure for managers to be replaced quickly. When large companies need to replace managers they spend months making sure they get the right person but football clubs always make rash decisions based on pressure. I appreciate that we're in the middle of the season, but if you think Archie and Hinchy are capable of taking over, why not have them as caretakers for a month while the club do their due diligence?

Interesting little quote from United chairman Stephen Thompson in this article on the BBC site yesterday..... "We've been working on it for the past wee while, quietly, behind the scenes."

Jackie being tapped up for a while it looks like then.

If this is true, how many players might be following him out the door in the next two days?

Gutted. I guess that is due to the good work Jackie has done at Firhill. Archie and Shug will probably take the reins as they are the senior members of the squad.

Lets spend the compo on a proper search for a new manager and a decent package for them.

• Like 1

Interesting little quote from United chairman Stephen Thompson in this article on the BBC site yesterday..... "We've been working on it for the past wee while, quietly, behind the scenes."

Jackie being tapped up for a while it looks like then.

Just after the wages article appeared in The Times I reckon :(

If this is true, how many players might be following him out the door in the next two days?

Obviously no one knows who'll leave. But I expect Paton to definitely join him at Tannadice next season.

I'm quietly confident O'Donnell will sign a new deal here. The compensation we're due for him is £80k and his ambition is to move down south, so he won't be desperate to leave for Dundee Utd. Could happen but O'Donnell seems very settled here any time I've spoken with him - don't see the manager leaving changing that too much.

I think he could have ruined his career.

If you fail at Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs, it could pretty much end your chances of ever managing in England. If he stayed and did the business at Thistle I believe he'd have been in England within 2 seasons.

Anyway, that's in the past for us now. Let's get a big support at Cowdenbeath on Saturday and sing non-stop for 90minutes.

We have a league to win.

Some of the player chat in the last few minutes on twitter:

• conrad balatoni@conradbalatoni As boys have said gonna be a big loss is the gaffer.. Helped me alot! But we will continue and do all we can to win this league! #believe

Paul Paton@PaulPaton4 Absolutely gutted the gaffers left. Been great for me and for the club, unbelievable working under him but it's gone now and we move on

Sean Welsh@welshdogg4 Gutted to see the gaffer go!! Wish him all the best with Dundee utd am sure he will do a great job! Great guy and gaffer!!

• Members

I've never really understood why there is always pressure for managers to be replaced quickly. When large companies need to replace managers they spend months making sure they get the right person but football clubs always make rash decisions based on pressure. I appreciate that we're in the middle of the season, but if you think Archie and Hinchy are capable of taking over, why not have them as caretakers for a month while the club do their due diligence?

I just meant for Saturday's game. The board appointed from within before though and may think along the same lines again. The article from Archie after reaching his landmark appearance record on Saturday seems to me as if he's looking more at the future away from the pitch. We mustn't forget we've also got Rowser at the Club as well that might be looking to the Coaching side of things.

I'm actually quite upset - had a hint of tear in my eye there when I was told.

Maybe seems like a good move for Jackie at the moment, but I don't think it is long term.

Sorry, nice guy & all, but can't wish him well there I'm afraid. We've a great chance at a promotion & a cup yet this has all but derailed it all in my opinion.

Hope I'm wrong, but a hammer blow - I'm usually extremely optimistic about all things Thistle too.

Prove me wrong Thistle, please prove me wrong...

• Like 2

I just meant for Saturday's game. The board appointed from within before though and may think along the same lines again. The article from Archie after reaching his landmark appearance record on Saturday seems to me as if he's looking more at the future away from the pitch. We mustn't forget we've also got Rowser at the Club as well that might be looking to the Coaching side of things.

He isn't. He has an excellent job outside of football.

For me, like I said yesterday, the reins have to be passed on to Archie and Maxy to try to keep the consistency and team spirit that we have at the club. There's no reason why these two can't continue to get the team playing in the way they have been and it may well give the players a bit of a push to kick on even further than we have done.

Bringing someone else in may well just rock the boast and ruin all the hard work from so far..

Hopefully the board will come out very quickly to reassure fans, that if a new manager isn't about to appointed, that plans are in place in the interim while we look carefully at a replacement.

Or they could say and do nowt and watch as the wheels fall right off the season. Let's hope not; because this is pretty bloody crucial for our future.

For me, like I said yesterday, the reins have to be passed on to Archie and Maxy to try to keep the consistency and team spirit that we have at the club. There's no reason why these two can't continue to get the team playing in the way they have been and it may well give the players a bit of a push to kick on even further than we have done.

Bringing someone else in may well just rock the boast and ruin all the hard work from so far..

I hope if we go down this route we don't get the been there with Gerry B & Whyte counter argument. The big difference this time round is we have to put our trust in the players to do the business. A bit of guidance is required not some "experienced" journeyman gaffer noted more for his motivational skills. .