Jaggie Mac - Used to play for celtic. But he's awright now. Talks like he's got a brain. Plays good football. Good guy.

Pressley - Used to play for Rangers. Used to play for united. Talks like a farmer. Plays farmer football. W**k

Elvis is a jobbie-brown-shoe-in.

... His name is McNamara,

he's the leader of OUR team,

He used to play for celtic,

but we've wiped his record clean.

The SPL's aw jealous,

and they want tae tap him up.

But he's gonna win the league for us,

and lift the Ramsden's cup!

OH Jackie McNamara!

OH Jackie McNamara!

OH Jackie McNamara!

He used to play for celtic, but he's all right now! :fan:

Am i right?

Love it! :lol:

Could still be way off here but the way I see it is this:

Dundee Utd have publicly said we're skint & need to cost cut.

They've just paid a lump sum (albeit monies due) to get Houston out the door today rather than the Summer.

Falkirk have hee-haw chance of going up and Pressley not very highly thought of by the paying punter therefore will they be difficult to deal with re compensation.

McNamara (& Sid) the opposite plus the fact they've signed new contracts recently increasing any compensation due to the club.

Dundee United obviously want new man in immediately now Houston away.

I still think the sting in the tail will be McIness getting job.

Like I said, not 100% sure but don't think Dundee Utd will be Jackie's next destination.

I don't think it would be a great move for Jackie, so can't see the real motivation for him to leave us at this moment. Yes, United can almost certainly pay more than we can, but in the next few months he can potentially win us the Challenge Cup and First Division trophies. Those would be some pretty significant achievements on his CV, especially considering the age of our team and his short time in charge. Young managers who have previously performed well at First Division level have moved down to good English sides (Coyle, McInnes for example).

I think Houston going today just tells you that they now know who their man is going to be and the decision is imminent.

I'd be very surprised if Jackie talking with them yesterday was a second interview after his quotes on Saturday but you can't blame him for listening to what they have to say and adding to his managerial experience by being involved in this manky process that goes on in the game.

For me Jackie would be mad to take on this job at this stage of his career. He stays with us and we keep this challenge up to reach the golden egg of the SPL, playing the football we are then other clubs will come calling. If we don't go up then he's got more time to prove what he's made of and if we do then there's no expectations of grandeur there and his CV will just get boosted even more if we do well. He goes to Tannadice they'll be expecting instant improvement and success on a budget lower than any manager's had their in years. Jackie and Sid are real novices at this managerial game, novices that are doing well but novices all the same. Why **** your career by going somewhere like Tannadice?

Pressley believes the job's his and it's just a matter of sorting it out with Falkirk... here's hoping.

Edited by Vom Itorium

Think i'd actually prefer somebody outwith SFL1 to get this job.

Any of our players not currently on the radar of Utd. are unlikely to interest them soon unless somebody who has seen them play and impressed, is in charge.

If Pressly gets the job I can see him being interested in a couple of the players we think would be able to make the step up.

If Jackie goes to dundee utd, it will be a disaster for us. Please stay Jackie

Spot on! The Record says that our board gave Jackie permission to speak to United.

"Record Sport understands it’s a straight shoot-out between the Falkirk manager and Thistle boss to land the post after both men held talks on Tayside with Stephen Thompson yesterday. Falkirk and Partick Thistle gave permission for their respective managers to meet the Arabs chairman."

Given our promotion battle, I am surprised that such permission was given. Jackie, however, may have the right to speak to other clubs in his contract. I am disappointed that he's even discussing the possibility leaving us at this crucial stage in the season.

Jackie should wait and hold out for a forward thinking English club. Probably league 1.

I think the fact that Butcher, who is experienced with a great track record, is struggling to get any decent job offers from England - and thats after bringing a rotten team into 2nd in the SPL. The SPL isnt much of a stepping stone to top jobs anymore (Coyle and McInnes). I dont think by managing a bigger club in Scotland will lead to a better club in England being interested. Obviously being in the 1st division isn't any good for him and we just need to hope we are promoted to keep his services.

Jackie should wait and hold out for a forward thinking English club. Probably league 1.

I think the fact that Butcher, who is experienced with a great track record, is struggling to get any decent job offers from England - and thats after bringing a rotten team into 2nd in the SPL. The SPL isnt much of a stepping stone to top jobs anymore (Coyle and McInnes). I dont think by managing a bigger club in Scotland will lead to a better club in England being interested. Obviously being in the 1st division isn't any good for him and we just need to hope we are promoted to keep his services.

Butcher has had at least one offer and rejected it as he feels he has a job to do with Inverness. It might be down to the fact Barnsley have no chance of staying in the Championship rather than a loyalty to Inverness, but he'll have a good few offers later in the year I imagine.

I am disappointed that he's even discussing the possibility leaving us at this crucial stage in the season.

I agree. No doubt he has the right to check out the situation but the fact that he was willing to talk to the Arabs, not once but twice, tells me that Jackie may well see a job at a club such as Dundee Utd as a better option than the prospect of a Championship AND a Cup with Thistle. That bothers me.

I agree. No doubt he has the right to check out the situation but the fact that he was willing to talk to the Arabs, not once but twice, tells me that Jackie may well see a job at a club such as Dundee Utd as a better option than the prospect of a Championship AND a Cup with Thistle. That bothers me.

Why does it bother? Dundee Utd are a much bigger club than Thistle & any Thistle manager is bound to see a move there as a big step up.

I hope he doesn't go, but if he does I wouldn't blame him

• Like 1

Why does it bother? Dundee Utd are a much bigger club than Thistle & any Thistle manager is bound to see a move there as a big step up.

I hope he doesn't go, but if he does I wouldn't blame him

As long as, if he stays, everthing continues to develop at Thistle as it has been.

Something changed with McCall after he spoke to and missed out on the Dundee job, and it wasn't for the better.

Tinny,

The 2 guys you mention are no longer in jobs. Admittedly,Coyle had a good run but Mcinnes didn't last long at Bristol. And what if Thistle win neither the cup or promotion - jackies stock goes down. Football Management is all about being in the right place at the right time, and maybe that is the case for Jackie just now.

Tinny,

The 2 guys you mention are no longer in jobs. Admittedly,Coyle had a good run but Mcinnes didn't last long at Bristol. And what if Thistle win neither the cup or promotion - jackies stock goes down. Football Management is all about being in the right place at the right time, and maybe that is the case for Jackie just now.

With all due respect I dont care about Dundee Utd or indeed any other Scottish club my team is Partick Thistle and what I think we as a club do require is that whatever happens it does not drag on all week and if he is going go, or come out and say he is staying and lets get on with next Saturdays game.

• Like 1