Could we hate these feckers anymore ?

Sounds like a shit move for either or both managers collectively to be honest with Thomson clearly all about saving money and wanting management that can work on a shoestring.

Pressley I think would jump at the chance as I feel he must be constantly checking his coat peg at the moment.

However our boss I think would have better pickings in at least the Championship once he gets the Jags to the SPL imho !

Jaggie Mac - Used to play for celtic. But he's awright now. Talks like he's got a brain. Plays good football. Good guy.

Pressley - Used to play for Rangers. Used to play for united. Talks like a farmer. Plays farmer football. W**k

Elvis is a jobbie-brown-shoe-in.

... His name is McNamara,

he's the leader of OUR team,

He used to play for celtic,

but we've wiped his record clean.

The SPL's aw jealous,

and they want tae tap him up.

But he's gonna win the league for us,

and lift the Ramsden's cup!

OH Jackie McNamara!

OH Jackie McNamara!

OH Jackie McNamara!

He used to play for celtic, but he's all right now! :fan:

Am i right?

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

Jaggie Mac - Used to play for celtic. But he's awright now. Talks like he's got a brain. Plays good football. Good guy.

Pressley - Used to play for Rangers. Used to play for united. Talks like a farmer. Plays farmer football. W**k

Elvis is a jobbie-brown-shoe-in.

... His name is McNamara,

he's the leader of OUR team,

He used to play for celtic,

but we've wiped his record clean.

The SPL's aw jealous,

and they want tae tap him up.

But he's gonna win the league for us,

and lift the Ramsden's cup!

OH Jackie McNamara!

OH Jackie McNamara!

OH Jackie McNamara!

He used to play for celtic, but he's all right now! :fan:

Am i right?

thats genius!

surely he would want to stay til the end of the season at least, still with a chance of winning 2 trophies, he will eventually get his move but he has the chance to become a Thistle legend getting us promoted. starting to sob already at the thought of our season going down the shitter and what shite manager we'll end up with.

For me Pressley is alright - his stance against Romanov at Hearts was laudable and he is certainly no worse than other myopic managers who frequent all leagues. Personally I doubt McNamara will go to Dundee United - he could be a less expensive option but I suspect that they will have to get someone in who is not only a rated manager but will have to have some former link with the club - just to keep the fans onside.

I guess I should start by saying that I think the job that McNamara has done at Thistle in a relatively short time has been amazing and I hope he stays for a while yet.

However I am surprised at the level of interest in an inexperienced manager. When I looked at the list of names that were being touted I did think we were safe - not because I think any of them are necesserally better than JM, just that they've got more experience, some have utd connections and would be seen as a safe pair of hands.

TBH, I'm surprised that Alan Moore hasn't been mentioned as he's worked his way up the leagues and is currently sitting at the top of ours. JJ as well must be thinking the Dunfermline job hasn't quite matched expectations. Again, not saying that they are better, just that they've got a decent record to fall back on.

Jackie could see United as a good job choice for him and Sid. He has stated before he is ambitious and I feel Jackie could manage at the very top level. Jackie has got us playing good football and has shown a very good eye to pick up young players with a possible resale value. This makes him an attractive proposition for clubs like Untied.

Think if Jackie is to go it will be the end of the season – would be disappointed in him if he left us at this vital time of the season.

Hugh Murray and Archie caretaker managers if they were to go?

Did the paper not say they'd agreed a compensation package with Falkirk?

I think it's very likely that Falkirk won't be too difficult to deal with in terms of they've been off the pace all season & Pressley, having taken them down, doesn't look like he will take them back up!

Our BoD, whilst saying they won't stand in Jackie's way, will be wanting suitably compensated. After all his & Sid's new deals only signed a couple months back.

I think it's very unlikely in their current financial position that Dundee Utd will be able to afford them.

I still think they're getting themselves in a position to say to Derek McIness this is our offer, we've other people wanting to take it, you're out a job and needing to rebuild your reputation. Take it or leave it.

Think this shortlist carry on is to put themselves in a better position to bargain with McIness.