Pttv: Morton And Hamilton Highlights

fritzy

• Members

But how casual was Bannigan!!! I'm sure he doesn't like seeing that again.

At the time I couldn't understand how he missed, now I've seen it again, I'd say the keeper makes an absolutely fantastic stop. Stuart has tried to lift it over him, but the keeper stretched his hand up that couple of extra inches and made it all the more difficult for him to score. I think the only way he could have scored if he'd have let it run on a little bit more to his left foot and took it round the keeper.

Two of the best stops from an opposition keeper I've seen in a long time!

At the time I couldn't understand how he missed, now I've seen it again, I'd say the keeper makes an absolutely fantastic stop. Stuart has tried to lift it over him, but the keeper stretched his hand up that couple of extra inches and made it all the more difficult for him to score. I think the only way he could have scored if he'd have let it run on a little bit more to his left foot and took it round the keeper.

Two of the best stops from an opposition keeper I've seen in a long time!

Or maybe he could just have belted it with all his might, sending both the ball and the keeper's hand into the net.

• Like 1

Thanks Hugh, talk about selling the jerseys!

Now that I've seen the incident, I'm more angry with the referee than anything else.

How was Tidser not booked for throwing the ball at the ref? How was their No 11 not booked for a shocker of a tackle? How was Peter McDonald not booked for the incident where Murray was sent off when he was at least 50% responsible?

I hold Murray responsible for the penalty as it was needless hand ball. For the 2nd yellow, the ref allowed the cowshed to do his job for him.

• Members

Looking back at the Morton highlights, their number 11 was very fortunate to stay on the park. The studs up challenge on Fox went unpunished and then followed by the booking for the shocker of a tackle on Welsh, obviously not as serious as handball and getting in someone's face!

Looking back at the Morton highlights, their number 11 was very fortunate to stay on the park. The studs up challenge on Fox went unpunished and then followed by the booking for the shocker of a tackle on Welsh, obviously not as serious as handball and getting in someone's face!

I have to agree with this, if Fox had left his run a little later he'd have still got to the ball comfortably but been taken out by the number 11. Still, a booking would have been very harsh there. But his tackle on Welsh was shocking. To me it deserves a red, but I'm obviously biased. However, did he even get a booking for it. I've watched it several times and I can't see the ref taking a card out.

Murray was very unlucky to get that second booking, there was no headbutt. Still, he shouldn't have done it and in front of the Morton support it was always risky. Plus, would blocking a shot on goal with your hand not constitute preventing a clear goal scoring opportunity?

I was hoping to see the incident for the free-kick for Morton's first goal particularly as the edit shows a number of other odd refereeing decisions..it was shown on the SFL highlights and the challenge didn't look like a foul.

I'm not a fan of Hugh Murray but the highlights confirm what I thought at the time...he was both unfortunate and stupid.

Morton's "Stramash" tactics are difficult to deal with - they sling the ball into the box in the hope that it will fall kindly to one of their players...I prefer our own more sophisticated and cultured approach to the Beautiful Game.

Morton's "Stramash" tactics are difficult to deal with - they sling the ball into the box in the hope that it will fall kindly to one of their players...I prefer our own more sophisticated and cultured approach to the Beautiful Game.

Yeah, but they seem to be scoring for fun away from home with their sling-shot-and-hope approach.

But who cares, 1-0 for us until the end of the season will see us Champions.!

So, in both of the highlights, neither Morton or Hamilton had a shot a goal that wasn't from a free kick or a penalty. And. A pretty sure Airdrie didn't either

Accies managed a shot that fox turned round the post in the first half. Was a fairly routine save though. Would have been disappointed if he hadn't saved it.

That really was casual from Bannigan, with hindsight he probably knows he could have taken a touch.

To be fair, he knows it and said so on Twitter after the game.

I was hoping to see the incident for the free-kick for Morton's first goal particularly as the edit shows a number of other odd refereeing decisions..it was shown on the SFL highlights and the challenge didn't look like a foul.

I'm not a fan of Hugh Murray but the highlights confirm what I thought at the time...he was both unfortunate and stupid.

Is this the same approach you have used against us in the last 3 games and failed to beat us once ?

Aye, i love that approach too , please keep it up :happy2:

Is this the same approach you have used against us in the last 3 games and failed to beat us once ?

Aye, i love that approach too , please keep it up happy2.gif

What a sad, demented individual you are. Do you really have so much free time on your hands that you go out of your way to register on another team's forum purely to try and get a rise from their fans?

I really do feel so sorry for a guy like you. There really is no way out when you are stuck down in Greenock, it's poverty of the highest order down there - really tough times.

I'd be all for starting a collection to help these poor souls out.