Thistle - Dumbarton

The Cup

I think it has been about 10 years since he did anything of significance. One of these players that has been passed around with false promises after a couple successful years with Utd and Aberdeen. Would not be worried at all if he was lined up against Balatoni and Muirhead. Must be approaching the 40 mark.

My reason's for this are simply due to Forbes fitness. He can't do two games in a week, it's clear to all, and I think his set piece delivery would be more important away to Raith

Forbes can't play two games in a week? A full time professional footballer? Aye, awrite. He's already done it before this season.

His set pieces will just as important tomorrow, as they will be on Tuesday. He's won us a good amount of points because of this.

Edited by northernsoul
  • Like 1

That will be the same Lawless that got his cheekbone broke in 3 places hiding fae a 6ft 2 goalkeeper then ?

And the same Sean Welsh who ended up looking like the elephant man after taking a high boot in the face at Hampden this year and who has endured numerous injuries including a broken leg in his career thus far. Always hiding, so he is........

• Like 2

I can see my post has got the drama queens out.

My point being that Lawless and Forbes, Welsh less so, have all underperformed against teams that get in about us like Hamilton, Airdrie and Dumbarton and we have dropped points.

I don't know why someone would bring up players getting injured as that has nothing to do with this.

Forbes can't play two games in a week? A full time professional footballer? Aye, awrite. He's already done it before this season.

His set pieces will just as important tomorrow, as they will be on Tuesday. He's won us a good amount of points because of this.

When's he played two games in a week this season then?

The reason, I believe, for his lack of fitness is due to the lack of a pre-season as he didn't have a club.

My point being that Lawless and Forbes, Welsh less so, have all underperformed against teams that get in about us like Hamilton, Airdrie and Dumbarton and we have dropped points.

Team's that we have previously beaten 4-0, 7-0 and 3-0? With Lawless scoring against all three of them?

You don't half talk some nonsense.

When's he played two games in a week this season then?

The reason, I believe, for his lack of fitness is due to the lack of a pre-season as he didn't have a club.

Two games in the SAME week, my mistake. Assumed you meant in a week - 7 days. You're right, he hasn't done that this season.

My point still stands though, he's a professional footballer. If he can't play two games in a week in his sixth contracted month at the Club then something isn't right here.

Edited by northernsoul

Do you actually enjoy watching football ? or are you there just for the pies ?

well now,

I hate watching penalties!,

I hate the last ten/fifteen minutes of a game when we are one goal up!

I hate watching a game when the opposition score in the first five mins!

I hate eating Pies

I hate being patronized!

So in answer to your Question?

Na I Hate football!!

:rolleyes:

But I'll be there ramora torturing masell as usual!! :frantic:

Edited by Davie Thistle
  • Like 3

Two games in the SAME week, my mistake. Assumed you meant in a week - 7 days. You're right, he hasn't done that this season.

My point still stands though, he's a professional footballer. If he can't play two games in a week in his sixth contracted month at the Club then something isn't right here.

And the reason, I think, why he can't play two games in a week is because he didn't have a pre-season with a club. That's when the serious fitness work is done, and player's are just kept "ticking over" throughout the season.

I can see my post has got the drama queens out.

I don't know why someone would bring up players getting injured as that has nothing to do with this.

The reason that I brought up an injury was cos you suggested in your 1st post that lawless Forbes and welsh go hiding when against strong physical teams, you didn't say under performed, I've not missed a game this year, home or away and NONE of the players you mentioned have hidden in any game. Yes they may have under performed, but hey ho they are human and cannot perform to their best every game. Also 2 of the players mentioned have both broken legs and broken cheeks playing football, and both have got hearts the size of a lion and would tackle Goliath for the Thistle cause. So as said before engage brain before making stupid statements

And the reason, I think, why he can't play two games in a week is because he didn't have a pre-season with a club. That's when the serious fitness work is done, and player's are just kept "ticking over" throughout the season.

If he's that unfit he'd take a few week out and work on his fitness in that time. Pre-season shouldn't have an impact at this stage when they'll have been training/playing full time since August.

Something which, I think Forbes (and any player in his position) understood fully and realised that if he had any hope of signing a permanent deal then his fitness would have to significantly increase and improve as the season progresses.

This would have a significant bearing if he was to be in the starting XI week in, week out and win a longer deal at the club or attract interest from other clubs.

Dungbarton only beat us due to some miraculous goalkeeping by the 2 goalies they used , very unusual for both to be on their best form on the same day, I predict a goal avalanche tomorrow based on how this fabulous team can play, Moron played with 12 men last time, (ref must have relations in Greencrap).We should by rights be top of the league and should never have been ousted by Moron but I'm confident that will change soon and we will be well on course to securing the success this team and the fans deserve !!!

• Like 1

I;m afraid I am , and very much out of character, supremely confident about tomorrow's game; even, if one were to dismiss the disparity in league positions and thus footballing ability between the two sides, I see more than one ground for optimism.

1. We are on a good run at the moment, having taken full points from six of our last eight games and drawn the other two.

2. We have shown particularly against Hamilton and Airdrie we can win whilst not hitting top form, and that against two teams who came to Firhill and put the shutters up.

3. Last week we again hammered an admittedly poor Dunfermline team who most pundits were predicting would win this league. That was obviously before the financial sh*t hit the proverbial fan(presumably, the same pundits who judged (Sir!) David Murray's tenure at Castle Greyskull, a model of financial propriety).

4. And first and foremost despite the odd blip, we have shown over the course of this season that we are quite simply the best football team in this division.

So for these reasons I am confident that we will beat Dumbarton tomorrow, even if in the course of the run in we might stumble but won't fall.

Something which, I think Forbes (and any player in his position) understood fully and realised that if he had any hope of signing a permanent deal then his fitness would have to significantly increase and improve as the season progresses.

This would have a significant bearing if he was to be in the starting XI week in, week out and win a longer deal at the club or attract interest from other clubs.

Does he not have a job outside football as well in order to make a living? Sure to have an impact if true.

Dungbarton only beat us due to some miraculous goalkeeping by the 2 goalies they used , very unusual for both to be on their best form on the same day, I predict a goal avalanche tomorrow based on how this fabulous team can play, Moron played with 12 men last time, (ref must have relations in Greencrap).We should by rights be top of the league and should never have been ousted by Moron but I'm confident that will change soon and we will be well on course to securing the success this team and the fans deserve !!!

Optimistic? Of course. Cautious? Yes -remember what Dumbarton did to Morton at Cappielow. Nothing can be taken for granted in this league

If he's that unfit he'd take a few week out and work on his fitness in that time. Pre-season shouldn't have an impact at this stage when they'll have been training/playing full time since August.

Pre-Season is when the bulk of the fitness work is done, though. Not having that intensity of training does affect players later on.

Taking a few weeks out isn't an option, given we've been in a title battle all season.

He is fit enough to play football, that's obvious from the games he has under his belt. It's just the midweek games that there is a fitness issue with. An issue that hasn't affected us so far..

Does he not have a job outside football as well in order to make a living? Sure to have an impact if true.

Nope. Fulltime footballers are not allowed to have second jobs, unless they have dispensation from the club. I can't imagine many players have second jobs in Scottish fulltime football.

Dumbarton beat Morton on the back of their new Manager and a few good results. Recently, though, I think they have had a few losses.

Dumbarton have won 1 of their last 5 games, but 2 of their last 3 away games.