Ballgirl

jagielka

did anyone else notice the wee ballgirl sitting behind the goal at the north stand. who is in charge of the ballboys/girl. for the whole game that wee girl had to listen to all the puke and vile coming out of some(fans) mouths directed to the dumbarton keeper and the few fans that they had?? especially standing down near the front of the stand, even one of the stewards had to say something to him. whoever is in charge need to give this some thought next time, put her along the old main stand out of harms way.

Edited by jagielka

did anyone else notice the wee ballgirl sitting behind the goal at the north stand. who is in charge of the ballboys/girl. for the whole game that wee girl had to listen to all the puke and vile coming out of some(fans) mouths directed to the dumbaton keeper and the few fans that they had?? especially the drunk/junkie muppet and his mate standing down near the front of the stand, even one of the stewards had to say something to him. whoever is in charge need to give this some thought next time, put her along the old main stand out of harms way.

Why does a ballgirl need protected from that but ballboys don't?

• Like 2

did anyone else notice the wee ballgirl sitting behind the goal at the north stand. who is in charge of the ballboys/girl. for the whole game that wee girl had to listen to all the puke and vile coming out of some(fans) mouths directed to the dumbaton keeper and the few fans that they had?? especially the drunk/junkie muppet and his mate standing down near the front of the stand, even one of the stewards had to say something to him. whoever is in charge need to give this some thought next time, put her along the old main stand out of harms way.

So is entry to the North Stand now on looks alone? The way it's shaping up only Mods and other fashionable types will be allowed entry. Some may even approve... my son for one B) I'm not condoning the use of foul and abusive language when minors are about, but was there any need for that outburst? The guys in question - if it's who I think you're referring to - were standing to the left of our usual spot and were loud but I didn't hear anything that was that bad.

On a more serious note, some folk have been banned from this forum for making allegedly hurtful posts. Maybe the guy in question was just recovering after a hard night at his favourite jazz club. Least he was there and paid his money...

• Like 1

Interesting "jagielka" that you felt the need to start 2 separate threads concerning the north stand within 10 minutes.

Also, personal abuse to fellow jags fans - good for you, real class. :thumbsup2:

For what it's worth, those 2 guys are lifelong jags fans who simply enjoy themselves at the match - harming no one.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Interesting "jagielka" that you felt the need to start 2 separate threads concerning the north stand within 10 minutes.

Also, personal abuse to fellow jags fans - good for you, real class. :thumbsup2:

For what it's worth, those 2 guys are lifelong jags fans who simply enjoy themselves at the match - harming no one.

They are terrible at singing, but they have been going for years.

I'm with Jagielka on this issue. Fans should not be shouting vile abuse at anyone. That's what we expect the idiots who support the OF. Remember that our sponsorship by MacB is based (depends?) on the club being the model "family" club.

I'm with Jagielka on this issue. Fans should not be shouting vile abuse at anyone. That's what we expect the idiots who support the OF. Remember that our sponsorship by MacB is based (depends?) on the club being the model "family" club.

Maybe they should be singing some lullabyes and nursery rhymes for the kids ffs ...

its in a seperate stand, miles away from the kids section, theres a kids section as well!

theres no pleasing everyone it seems.

And people wonder why Scottish football has falling crowds and huge financial difficulties. Football is an entertainment business and there is plenty of competition. Families are voting with their feet and spending their cash elsewhere. Our crowds may be a bit bigger this year but we still have large debts and have sold half the stadium.

Vile abuse? Hardly! Actually I felt that the "abuse" that a convicted sex offender got on Saturday was very tame compared to other weeks.

I am sure that people shout just as "vile" statements in the JH Stand. If kids go to the football, they will be exposed to that kind of language. That's a fact. I'm sure the ballboys and girls on the JH Stand hear the same things shouted.

Nothing like compounding the image of the "West End luvvies."

And people wonder why Scottish football has falling crowds and huge financial difficulties. Football is an entertainment business and there is plenty of competition. Families are voting with their feet and spending their cash elsewhere. Our crowds may be a bit bigger this year but we still have large debts and have sold half the stadium.

^^^ nothing to do with "vile chants"

I agree the filth spouted from the mouths of some fans really is UNACCEPTABLE...I for one would like to see ALL expletives expelled from firhill..this sort of uncouth behaviour has no place in the modern game..

That's written in to the deal is it?

What a load of absolute crap.

I don't know what's in the deal. Do you? Have you seen the contract?

MacB says Firhill being "family friendly" is crucial to it's sponsorship. "Firhill is a special place – as far as we’re concerned, there’s nowhere else like it in Scottish football quite like it, from its rich history, to the fact it’s so family-friendly."

"That’s why we’re delighted to be able to offer this support to Partick Thistle to help them fund great initiatives like ‘Kids Go Free’ and the ‘Mates’ Rates’ season ticket offer."

That a very clear statement to me. No brand that is targeted at families and children would want to associate it itself with fans who delight in swearing and abusing the opposition.

If my views make me a "West End luvvie", so be it. It's better than being than a potty-mouthed git.

I don't know what's in the deal. Do you? Have you seen the contract?

MacB says Firhill being "family friendly" is crucial to it's sponsorship. "Firhill is a special place – as far as we’re concerned, there’s nowhere else like it in Scottish football quite like it, from its rich history, to the fact it’s so family-friendly."

"That’s why we’re delighted to be able to offer this support to Partick Thistle to help them fund great initiatives like ‘Kids Go Free’ and the ‘Mates’ Rates’ season ticket offer."

That a very clear statement to me. No brand that is targeted at families and children would want to associate it itself with fans who delight in swearing and abusing the opposition.

If my views make me a "West End luvvie", so be it. It's better than being than a potty-mouthed git.

If thats the fukin case, why they getting involved with football at all, the stupid jaunkerrs

• Like 1

If thats the fukin case, why they getting involved with football at all, the stupid jaunkerrs

The announcement on the club has the answer.

"Partick Thistle FC has today announced a brand-new, three-year sponsorship deal by macb water, worth a ‘substantial’ six-figure sum to the club."

"Football often gets a bad rap but Partick Thistle shows the sport at its best,” said Kenny Webster, CEO of macb’s parent company, Sangs. “The club’s a great fit with what we believe in at macb – brilliant value, family-focused and good fun too."

If you don't agree with club's family focus, that your problem not mine. I'm delighted that the club, by focusing on kids and families, is building its future support. You appear to want to drive them away.

Edited by kni

whats so interesting about starting the two threads at the same time? they are seperate issues about the same area, thats all there is to it. as for you saying HARMING no one, foul language is not harming anyone!!! i must have missed that memo when it came out.

Edited by jagielka