Jackie Mac - Out Of Order !

Harry Wragg

If it's not just paper talk and he has came out and said that about Paton, I'm pretty sure the Club would have grounds for complaint to the SFA who in turn could fine him and hit him in the pocket again.

Unfortunately not sure he's done anything wrong. As he's in last 6 months of contract he's free to talk to other clubs.

If a club or an agent choose to make that public knowledge all it is doing creating an 'auction' for a player so in effect he is the winner.

Not sure who chose to make it public in this case- DU or agent- but McNamara obviously aware of other interest & through the media is telling PP to take it or leave it!

For what it's worth, I think we chose to make the JM breach of contract issue public knowledge because he was quoted about Paton in press. These things tend to be done 'professionally' but the club have perhaps learned that's not the way JM operates.

I also know of rumblings of discontent up Tannadice way that Thompson/McNamara are selling up their better players & replacing them with a 1st Div side.

All the more reason for players to be wary of following JM.

I cannot believe the abuse McNamara is taking ok I for one was disappointed when he and Sid left however he did sign an extension to his deal that David Beattie publically commented on as safeguarding both Jackie and the club if he ever moved on I'm pretty sure it would have been watertight and the club would have made sure that (if and when) he moved on they would get the compensation that there due I wish we could just move on and support Archie and the team as we enter this crucial period

...safeguarding both Jackie and the club if he ever moved on I'm pretty sure it would have been watertight and the club would have made sure that (if and when) he moved on they would get the compensation that there due

Think you're missing point. Reason he's getting abuse is that him & DU have not kept their end of bargain re compensation & that was why they resigned & are now being sued for breach of contract.

We knew that JM would prob go when a perceived bigger club came in & would've gone with the blessing of most but the guy walked out.

Contrast that to Brown Shoes at Falkirk (then). That was DUs 1st choice but they couldn't agree compo payments, like they couldn't with us. Did Pressley resign? No. He knew there would be other opportunities & wanted to make sure Falkirk were treated correctly.

A season like his first full season here & McNamara will be looking for a new job. That's not sour grapes that's a fact.

Then other clubs will be wary of him as he now has a reputation for walking out when things are good. That's how game works I'm afraid.

Edited by Trotter
  • Like 2

Have Falkirk received the money from Coventry yet. If Pressleys wanted to make sure Falkirk would be payed, he shouldn't have gone to a club that wa going into administration.

Pretty sure they have as they wanted the money from DU up front & Coventry pulling a fast one with one of the holding companies in administration rather than the football club- still cost them 10 points tho!!

From what I understand think the whole idea behind their administration was to renegotiate the stadium deal which was costing them £000s.

Pretty sure they have as they wanted the money from DU up front & Coventry pulling a fast one with one of the holding companies in administration rather than the football club- still cost them 10 points tho!!

From what I understand think the whole idea behind their administration was to renegotiate the stadium deal which was costing them £000s.

The subsidiary that was placed in administration owned the Football League's golden share, i.e. the membership, hence the 10 point deduction. Coventry would have received compensation from Huddersfield for Mark Robins.

If the Jags win the court case, then he will have to stump up the legal costs, no?

Yes, I'm sure that's true, but it's the 'if' factor that can be the deterrent: lawyers will give you a 'x out of ten' chance of winning, but should you lose, it'll cost Y. At that point, I imagine, the prospective litigant retreats momentarily to consider their options.

Jessie McWho?

A sad footnote coupled with his early departure has soured his reputation with a lot of Thistle fans. Personally I think we got lucky as Archie is the man to lead us to the promised land of the SPL ;)

• Like 1

Wouldn't be surprised if its settled out of court for half the figure. Which is a pity, but the reality of these sort of cases.

Not so sure.

If there is a figure stipulated in his contract, which we all believe there is according to interviews JM & the club did when new deals were signed, then why settle for less?

I get the impression it's one of these things like trying to claim against someone else's insurance where they drag it out in the hope that something has not been done properly.

I would imagine that this BoD aren't stupid & know they're on a winner- at least I'm hoping that's the case.

If it's settled out of court it'll be on Thistle's terms.

Did they got the money upfront, JJ? Otherwise Falkirk will be getting the customary 5p in the £

My understanding is that money came from the Coventry Company who pays the wages - going into admin for the Holding Company was always in the plans - it was delayed to see if they could get a play off spot - when they fell behind the pack the plug was pulled - good luck to him not everyones Cup of tea but spoke very well during the Summer.and has brought a fair number of young players through who Falkirk have sold on.

• Like 2

Wouldn't be surprised if its settled out of court for half the figure. Which is a pity, but the reality of these sort of cases.

If this is the case then other teams should be aware that Dundee United cannot be relied upon to pay fees. For example Thickasthieves informed us that O Donnell could be valued at £80,000. Hopefully we can keep O Donnell anyway but if not then would Dundee United only likely to pay £40,000 then surely our club is looking to avoid any signings to that particular team. As mentioned earlier thought if we got the £80,000 owed then could get the likes of O Donnell on new contracts. Maybe this is what Jackie and Dundee United want though us financially not to be able to offer new contracts. Extremely poor show

If this is the case then other teams should be aware that Dundee United cannot be relied upon to pay fees. For example Thickasthieves informed us that O Donnell could be valued at £80,000. Hopefully we can keep O Donnell anyway but if not then would Dundee United only likely to pay £40,000 then surely our club is looking to avoid any signings to that particular team. As mentioned earlier thought if we got the £80,000 owed then could get the likes of O Donnell on new contracts. Maybe this is what Jackie and Dundee United want though us financially not to be able to offer new contracts. Extremely poor show

Thistle not entitled to any compensation from Dundee United, it's the previous manager that has to recompense the Jags, due to him resigning while under contract.