Andy Dowie

jaggy

Not sure why we would want Dowie after signing McMillan and why we would want another two defenders when the defence has been magnificent since Archie took over. As I said I think McMillan is a great signing but am bemused if the Dowie story is true especially as I dont particularly rate him that highly, but hey I aint the manager. Suppose if Archie wants him we have got to trust his judgement. He aint put a foot wrong up till now!!

Edited by Lindau

I read that Dunfermline have Paddy Boyle out on loan, and he's probably going to be club-less if his current club don't take him on.

Anybody think that he's good enough for us at our current level? He seems to have done no more than stagnate in his time at EEP.

Edited by Jaggernaut

I read that Dunfermline have Paddy Boyle out on loan, and he's probably going to be club-less if his current club don't take him on.

Anybody think that he's good enough for us at our current level? He seems to have done no more than stagnate in his time at EEP.

Boyle is on loan to Gateshead. IIRC he was out of contract in May anyway.

Given he was with us in one of our worst ever season's, in the middle of consecutive relegations seeing us land in the second, it's hard to think fondly of anyone at that period. It was the start of 7 or 8 years of an abysmal product and woeful management. Dowie was obviously still rated at the time as he was getting U21 call-ups. The Dunfermline fans are speaking highly of him, so perhaps we can see the best of him if he does indeed arrive on our doorstep and I'm sure he will have a point to prove.

Archies point about fit, match ready players coming in is a good one and what we need at this stage as a bit of insurance. At the end of the day it will be a short term contract and it's up to the player to prove he deserves more. If he's good enough for Archie, he's good enough for me. OneThistle.

• Like 2

• Members

A bit unfair to judge him when he was with us previously. Always thought he'd improved vastly since he played for us. Glad he's signed. If we lose any of our current back 4 during the close season, I'd be happy with either of these two joining us permanently.

Most of us will have seen Andy Dowie play against us numerous times since he left us. I don't recall him having many, indeed if any, howlers. Comes across as steady enough, certainly steadier than his oft time partner and genuine bombscare, Keddie, who always had the higher profile of the pairing.

I'd have thought ideally with the McMillan signing we'd have preferred to add a left sided defender but if this story is true I can see the point in adding Dowie to the squad.

I'm certainly not going to cast up his previous with us as he's certainly turned his career around since then. That said hopefully there's no night racing next Tuesday when we visit Raith. :)

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett