Out Of Contract Players

Jagsman

so all the players rallied to get archie the job anyone know of what is happening with them if contracts been offered or pre contracts accepted because if we lose the nucleus of this team then if we go up we could be straight back down again

come on board get them signed up so merserrs mcnamara and brown can gtf

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Dundee united have offered Paton and Erskine pre contracts and they are expected to sign this week

The football club is far bigger than any player.

If they go then we move on.

Both Paton and Erskine will leave at the end of the season. There will be a number of clubs willing to offer them wages out of our reach.

I also think we will get some English clubs bidding for Muirhead. The guy has the potential to play at a much higher level. If he continues to improve it would not surprise me for him to make the Scotland squad later on in his career.

I think we could take a couple of guys leaving, but if we lost the nucleus of the team we would struggle to replace them.

Paton wouldn't be a big miss as Craigen has been excellent but Erskine, SOD, Bannigan, Muirhead all leaving would be a big blow.

Have the players been offered new contracts by the club?

I think we could take a couple of guys leaving, but if we lost the nucleus of the team we would struggle to replace them.

Paton wouldn't be a big miss as Craigen has been excellent but Erskine, SOD, Bannigan, Muirhead all leaving would be a big blow.

Have the players been offered new contracts by the club?

I haven't seen Craigen play yet, but don't the two of them play different roles in the team? Paton as a defensive midfielder and Craigen for the creativity that we've seen with Forbes but better at putting pressure on the opposition from attacking midfield when not on the ball.

I haven't seen Craigen play yet, but don't the two of them play different roles in the team? Paton as a defensive midfielder and Craigen for the creativity that we've seen with Forbes but better at putting pressure on the opposition from attacking midfield when not on the ball.

He has played Paton's role before I am sure.

He does get forward more than Paton but his work rate is fantastic and I am sure he could fit that role again.

I'm pretty sure he'll drop out when Paton returns.

Will thistle board acknowledge there will be interest in guys like Muirhead and Bannigan from down south aswell as Rangers rumours on Muirhead by offering them an improved contract or will the club allow them also to be in a position in January to negotiate a pre contract and move on next season ?

Will thistle board acknowledge there will be interest in guys like Muirhead and Bannigan from down south aswell as Rangers rumours on Muirhead by offering them an improved contract or will the club allow them also to be in a position in January to negotiate a pre contract and move on next season ?

Celtic have been watching Muirhead all season as well. Heard this from a wee Irish guy with red hair in Tennents Bar :innocent2:

Unfortunately this is the way of Scottish football. Guys like Muirhead, Sinclair and Erskine are taken from the lower echelons of the game by 1st division clubs. They improve as players, and are then bought by SPL clubs. Guys like O'Donnell and Bannigan are picked up by SPL clubs, discarded by them, then after impressing at 1st division clubs, are then bought by SPL clubs.

I have only named some of our guys, but you can be guaranteed that this happens at all 1st division clubs, to one extent or another. It begs the question, how good is the scouting in the SPL? And could this be one of the reasons why the SPL clubs have been so keen to keep the money to themselves, because god forbid, the lower division clubs have money, therefore are able to offer better contracts to their players, which could prevent every good lower division player jumping ship at the sight of an average offer from an SPL club. Worse than that, the SPL clubs may have to actually scout out their own players, and employ a better standard of coach, to stop them from letting all their decent young players go.

Edited by jagsman411971

If we are paying say £500 a week and SPHell clubs are offering upwards of a grand a week its a no brainer that the players are gonna leave. Fact of life for a club like ours. Just hope they can get the job done before they go.

And if we go up, whats to say we cannot pay £1k a week or more to our star players?

TV revenues, bigger prize money, bigger crowds etc should see our income increase significantly.

Sooner we get league wrapped up, sooner we can get look at get as many resigned, and maximise our endeavours to avoid this great squad and spirit being broken up.

And if we go up, whats to say we cannot pay £1k a week or more to our star players?

TV revenues, bigger prize money, bigger crowds etc should see our income increase significantly.

Sooner we get league wrapped up, sooner we can get look at get as many resigned, and maximise our endeavours to avoid this great squad and spirit being broken up.

Wouldnt imagine there is a hope in hell of us offering players a grand a week. Sad state of affairs is that McNamara obviously gets on well with the players he is after, and is obviously able to offer better wages than us, so make no mistake they will be offski. We will still have the nucleus of a good squad and it will then be up to Archie and Shaggy to show their worth in bringing players in.

Yon wee No. 7 Carmichael ran us ragged on several occasions yesterday, and had that good run and shot from which they scored. Could be a useful out-and-out winger for next season?

Thought he was their best player. Would love to see Nicky Clark at Firhill but pretty sure he will be snapped up by bigger fish than us

Interesting BBC gossip said "Erskine is destined to join Paton who has already signed a pre-contract" this morning, and now the Paton part has been removed.

Could this explain Erskine's performance yesterday where he was non existent? If you are guaranteed a move elsewhere are you not more likely to make sure you don't end up with an injury. If Archie knows he is definitely for the off then he may well leave him out of the side and replace him with someone who is fighting for a new contract.

Think that's a bit harsh on Erskine. Queens dealt with our midfield very well. Erskine stepped up a gear in extra time and with him, Doolan, Forbes and Elliott on the park we started to look a little more of a threat, something we failed in the opening 90 minutes. This could be because both teams tired and a handful of our players didn't (as a handful of Queens also didn't).