Aaron (Redcard) Muirhead

Willjag

I ******* despise Queen of the South and Alan Johnstone, possibly worse than the OF.

They are a vile, vile team. If they would have won the game fairly then so be it but the actions of the players and Chris Higgins in particular were a disgrace. To do that to fellow professionals is one of the worse things I have even seen in football.

I would laugh gleefully if they even went out of business.

The thing I am gutted about was not winning on penalties to get it round the ******* pieces of shit.

• Like 2

• Members

The STV website says that the lower end of what he's charged with is a 4 game ban which would rule him out for the remainder of the season and the first game of next season. If his wages are topped up with appearance money, that headbutt is going to cost him plenty.

The STV website says that the lower end of what he's charged with is a 4 game ban which would rule him out for the remainder of the season and the first game of next season. If his wages are topped up with appearance money, that headbutt is going to cost him plenty.

Wait, you mean four games in addition to the two he's already banned for as a result of that headbutt?

• Members

We should appeal and ask for a concurrent punishment a la Neil Lennon. Never going to happen and would be considered frivolous though, as it should have been with Lennon.

I wonder if we can complain about the behaviour of the 3 Queens players that surrounded Aaron following his penalty miss? I hope their actions come back to haunt them.

• Members

Wait, you mean four games in addition to the two he's already banned for as a result of that headbutt?

Yes. It ranges from a 4 match ban to a 16 match ban or even a life ban if the situation warrants it. Edited by Willjag

Just read the article "mid range ban is 8 matches". What an absolute joke. See stuff like that fairly frequently in football and have never seen that punishment. Hopefully just the four matches.

Purely selfish point of view is it will stop clubs coming in for a player that could be seen as a hot head. Won't want that on their books until he's proven to calm down. So will have him another season!

Just aswell for dowie and McMillan.

Yes. It ranges from a 4 match ban to a 16 match ban or even a life ban if the situation warrants it.

It just seems so excessive. I know it was bad, but a minimum six game ban just seems incredible. That's a sixth of a season minimum, or up to half a season.

It's an expensive lesson to learn but hopefully he'll get through it ok and remember to keep his heid if anything like that ever happens again - even my long deid granny would have spat in those QOS b*stards eyes after that provocation.

If it's between 3 and 6 games it'll be ok (as a heid butt in amateur footy can be between 1 and 2 years out!) - time perhaps for Mr Beattie to start writing letters and talking to the press about the sh*t refereeing and lack of consistency throughout the game.

Aye - Duncan Disorderly! 6 weeks in the jail!

Exactly. I have defended Aaron in all this due to the ridiculous provocation but I am surprised that the "Ferguson incident" hasnt been brought up by the media. We wont see him again this season and thats a real blow as he could easily have been our POTY. Just as well Archie went for the two Pars guys a fortnight ago

Exactly. I have defended Aaron in all this due to the ridiculous provocation but I am surprised that the "Ferguson incident" hasnt been brought up by the media. We wont see him again this season and thats a real blow as he could easily have been our POTY. Just as well Archie went for the two Pars guys a fortnight ago

In fairness Ferguson only went to jail for that because he was on probation after 3 previous assault convictions. If Muirhead had been in bother off the field beforehand then it might be more comparable and therefore been brought up by the media.

If the game wasn't on TV there is no way there would be a panel. Hope they take into account the queens players actions, not only leading up to the event, but throughout the game.

When do they ever do though? How many times does a guys get a horrible tackle on him, reacts in anger and gets a red card yet the guy who calculatingly put in a possibly dangerous tackle gets away with it (or at most a yellow).

Seem to recall archie getting sent off a few years back for a headbutt v airdrie but he never got a ridiculous ban. 3 games im sure. Surely they must take the situation and provocation into account

Difference is that a load of bigwigs were at the game on Sunday and of course it was live on the telly

Also his 3rd red of the season will have a big say on why he's been summoned.

I don't think it'll have that much of a bearing since his previous two were for "preventing a goalscoring opportunity" and two yellow cards.

Don't think we'll see him again this season, which is disappointing.

• Members

I don't think it'll have that much of a bearing since his previous two were for "preventing a goalscoring opportunity" and two yellow cards.

Don't think we'll see him again this season, which is disappointing.

You could be right G. I certainly hope so and that it doesn't affect him too much at the start of next season. However, with the way this season has gone and players finding it difficult to get back into the team after injury or suspension, missing the rest of the season will be a big blow to him as well as the Club.

Yeah I doubt he will play again this season. Think he will be gutted. He has been a stand out in a team of stand outs and will be missed but thankfully we have McMillan and dowie. Hopefully he will get to play against Dumbarton.

What he done was stupid but the reaction of their players to his miss was shocking and Higgins, who is their captain, should be ashamed of himself. I read he hopes the sfa go easy on him but if he really means that he should go to the hearing and admitted his mistake which is surely unsporting behaviour!

Yeah I doubt he will play again this season. Think he will be gutted. He has been a stand out in a team of stand outs and will be missed but thankfully we have McMillan and dowie. Hopefully he will get to play against Dumbarton.

What he done was stupid but the reaction of their players to his miss was shocking and Higgins, who is their captain, should be ashamed of himself. I read he hopes the sfa go easy on him but if he really means that he should go to the hearing and admitted his mistake which is surely unsporting behaviour!

That would really be surprising and impressive if it happened.