Dunfy Docked 15 Points

Willjag

1. Not enough of a points deduction (or penalty).

2. They will (likely) end up in playoff spots - which will bring with it, the financial reward of extra games gate incomes.

3. I'm of opinion, that relative to the size of the debts (well into 8 figures overall), coupled with the decade plus, of year on year spending beyond their means, they should have been notified they will be demoted at least a league automatically at end of season.

ETA:

4. It also gives them a fighting chance to escape the playoff spot (one of their remaining home games is at home to Cowdenbeath), and just carry on next season in same division, almost as if nothing has happened (okay, they will have to operate on lower budget but on their crowds, they'd still have a greatly higher budget than likes of Airdrie, Dumbarton and Cowedenbeath have this season, and would be be same next season = no real punishment or deterrant).

Edited by yoda-jag

Too many kids in the side now to survive that.

Their kids are in the final of the U20s cup, so might be quite good. Never know how the points deduction will affect them, but I'd expect them to finish ahead of, a rather hapless, Cowdenbeath.

you reckon

last 9 games 3 draws and 6 losses

Yip. They'll catch Cowden.

• Members

Their kids are in the final of the U20s cup, so might be quite good. Never know how the points deduction will affect them, but I'd expect them to finish ahead of, a rather hapless, Cowdenbeath.

Which is played the Thursday before the final league game on the Saturday. It's reckoned 8 of their kids will playing for the 1st team regularly till the end of the season.

Which is played the Thursday before the final league game on the Saturday. It's reckoned 8 of their kids will playing for the 1st team regularly till the end of the season.

Yes, I know it's still to be played. But even getting to the final is an achievement.

They still have SFL experienced players in Potter, Falkingham, Wallace, Thomson, Dargo, Husband, so have a bit of experience.

I think they'll stay up and I hope they survive.

I think this suits us quite nicely. Dunfermline are now 11 behind Raith with 12 to play for so Rovers should be safe by the time we play them next Tuesday. Same goes with Dumbarton by the last day of the season, barring a complete collapse they could be safe by then. Not that playing teams with nothing to play for is a guaranteed 3 points but it doesn't hurt.

Dunfermline will have a bit more motivation now and we've still to play them but at least they still have to play Morton too.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

I think this suits us quite nicely. Dunfermline are now 11 behind Raith with 12 to play for so Rovers should be safe by the time we play them next Tuesday. Same goes with Dumbarton by the last day of the season, barring a complete collapse they could be safe by then. Not that playing teams with nothing to play for is a guaranteed 3 points but it doesn't hurt.

Dunfermline will have a bit more motivation now and we've still to play them but at least they still have to play Morton too.

If they think about income for next season, they may prefer to lose to Morton than to lose to us in the matches to come.

It's effectively a 14+pts deduction due to obviously having better goal difference. In a daft sort of way if they stay up this punishment helps them financially as they're bound to draw an even bigger crowd to their home game with Cowden (a proverbial 6 pointer).

Our 500+ offer becomes less of an empty gesture as the fixture with us will now hold real significance to them.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Sorry if I totally misled the poster who asked the question. Flippin heck

I'll leave these things to you in future.

Well when Dundee went into Admin(first time round), it wasn't an offence.

What we have hear is a clear case of the S.F.L making it up as they go along. They really should set penalties in stone, in the rule book so everyone knows what the punishment is, rather than picking a number out the tombola.

Edited by G SUS

It's done a case by case basis which I believe is fair. For example, if we suddenly lost 1000 fans, couldnt pay bills and went into admin, then I think it would be harsh for us, as a club that has for years lived within our means, to be docked the same points as Dundee who repeatedly over spend to an unfair advantage.

Well when Dundee went into Admin(first time round), it wasn't an offence.

What we have hear is a clear case of the S.F.L making it up as they go along. They really should set penalties in stone, in the rule book so everyone knows what the punishment is, rather than picking a number out the tombola.

I agree, but I also think the 10 point penalty for SPL & England is little more than a slap on the wrist. 15-25 points is more like it & might encourage clubs to get their houses in order

The problem with putting points deductions in stone is unless you've basically decided to screw all admin events over severely is that clubs systematically living outwith their means like Coventry go out of the way to arrange their affairs so a tactical administration works to their advantage. There needs to be some discretion to differentiate between a club trying desperately to live within its means and one which purposely uses an insolvency event to gain a competitive advantage.

Not bad for a club who were top of the table on November 10th, 21 points ahead of winless Dumbarton.

They will be safe though. They just have to be a bit more solid in defence, they allowed Accies too much space on Saturday but scoring goals won´t be a problem for them.