Andy Dowie

p12tfc

As I have said on numerous occasions, McNamara left us short at the back, especially in central defence, even before Archie was appointed caretaker. Archie's signing of Dowie and McMillan secured the necessary cover at a key moment in the title race.

I thought he was great aswell. Full team looked up for it from the start odonnell looked more confident and i never once thought we would lose it, welsh, bannigan, and dools all had cracking games aswell. Whit a crowd though i am still buzzing does anybody know the actual attendence.

Big Andy looked as if he had played there all season. I was worried with Aaron likely not to kick another ball this season. Not too bothered now. Andy and Conrad were brilliant tonight

Dowie is playing for contract so he should have plenty of motivation.

I didnt want him to sign so it's only fair play that I come on here and say I was wrong.

Different class tonight and looked like he'd been playing here all season. Only made one small mistake in heading a ball that should've been left for Fox.

Well done Andy and well done to Archie and the BoD for making it happen.

Who would ever have thought a year ago that a centre half pairing of Dowie & Balatoni would've matched never mind surpassed one of Rutkiewicz & McLaughlin? The Morton pair were just happy to clear their defence whilst ours were so much more positive.

Just over eight days ago most of us thought we'd be unlikely to see either Andy D or McMillan get a kick of the ball. Eight days later both players have played crucial parts in us keeping clean sheets. Clever signings by Archie and very astute of the Board in supporting the manager.

Who would ever have thought a year ago that a centre half pairing of Dowie & Balatoni would've matched never mind surpassed one of Rutkiewicz & McLaughlin? The Morton pair were just happy to clear their defence whilst ours were so much more positive.

Just over eight days ago most of us thought we'd be unlikely to see either Andy D or McMillan get a kick of the ball. Eight days later both players have played crucial parts in us keeping clean sheets. Clever signings by Archie and very astute of the Board in supporting the manager.

Astute move by Archie bringing him in looked a real part of the team last night

I didnt want him to sign so it's only fair play that I come on here and say I was wrong.

Different class tonight and looked like he'd been playing here all season. Only made one small mistake in heading a ball that should've been left for Fox.

Well done Andy and well done to Archie and the BoD for making it happen.

Which was about a minute after Fox very slow getting off his line & Bannigan had to clear.

I commented to my mate at the time about that exact incident that perhaps Fox isn't giving the shout early enough & responsibility on whoever to get rid- they're not scoring directly from the stand.

Dowie immense last night & biggest compliment you can give him is to say it looked like he played there all season.

Shrewd bit of business by all at the club to get him in.