Tag

Shuggie

Can,t see much benefits other than if I don,t sign up I will lose live commentary and matchday highlights. Do I now have to be a member to be a Jags man? Jags by "direct debit". How can a membership number and a card be an exclusive offer. I think I will hold on to my money and see how it goes. A Treebeard says "Don,t be hasty" Mr Heron and Shuggie have some pertenent questions that need resolved. (services that are already free and the status of the centenary club) Sorry its not a winner for me in its current form and by the sounds of it as a Nomad I could be a bit more cut off from the club next season.

The model is identical to that used in Spain and Germany it means the Club can involve fans in future decisions and they have a say in the future direction of the Club, ..it also means we can communicate - the package is very similar in cost and content to most Clubs in these two Countries.

I can understand some of the concerns that have been raised, there does need to be clarity on whether it's replacing the Centenary Fund or running alongside it.

On the price & nomads feeling the price is too high & are being left out, this is in no way a criticism, just as I see it. By definition a nomad probably won't attend more than 1 or 2 matches a season & as such is not putting money in to the club (unless currently part of the CF, buys a season ticket for the matches they can attend or sponsors a player etc).

£60 or £120 really is not that much per year in comparison to buying a season ticket/paying at the gate/programmes/half-time draw tickets every match. (& although the money doesn't go to Thistle, going to away games, petrol etc) All money spent following the Jags that nomads, for the most part, do not pay.

I know the nomads as a group sponsor a player (maybe more?) & the work done to raise money for the flag is brilliant. This is not a 'better fan than you' post, so please don't take it like that. Just my opinion that might generate some discussion.

The idea is to have as many registered Supporters as possible which means we can involve them in future decisions concerning the Club the aim is to be inclusive and have our Fans at the core of the Club .

Jordanhill Jag, I am sorry to sound so negative on this and i would like to point out that i think one thistle has been great and has brought the thistle family together and made us stronger. I would like to bring a couple of hypotheticals to the discuss.

As i stated in my post that a bunch of Welsh fans who were up for the scotland game on the friday night decided to take our game in on the saturday. Afterwards they were from their posts on here and on twitter very impressed and all stated that Partick Thistle were now their Scottish team. Now this is great news, more people spreading the word of our club, they may even suggest to friends going to glasgow for a trip/break to take in a game or they may even come back in a few years to watch us again. So these new fans will look out for our results in the paper maybe jump on here to have a chat or go to the official site to watch the highlights. Under the tag system they would have to shell out 60 quid to view these highlights which sadly i dont think they would and this may lead for them not having an interest in us since they are unable to view any major content on the website.

My second hypothetical is i know a few guys who are thistle fans albeit not regulars in anyway. These guys though every week go on the official site to watch the highlights. Now this season they have been delighted by what they have seen that one of them has been to 9 games this year ( Thats £173 plus he buys a programme at every game). Without the chance the view the highlights I doubt very highly that he would have attended more than the cup final and last nights game. Now you can called him a glory hunter all you want but a lot of people are in this situation and at the end of the day he is a thistle fan that will soon be denied access to viewing content on the site. I certainly dont see him willing to pay £60 to view certain content.

These are just two examples and i am sure there are more. Again i dont want to sound negative but i don't want any thistle fan being denied the chance to watch highlights or make use of the text commentary when he/she cant go to games.

Thats great if we can get registered supporters and everyone can be involved in future decisions of the club but people will have to pay at 60 quid a year for that and to me that makes it more exclusive and inclusive.

I don't make a habit of visiting SPL teams website but whenever I have they all have a members only area which features highlights/interviews etc that you have to pay to join. Not sure who designs the websites for the teams but they all look very similar as if it's 1 company that seems to have a deal with many clubs offering the same services.

Stump up, ya tightarse!

Already stumping up £20 a month in the centenary club and £475 to sponsor a player. Have been to corporate once and probably made about 7 home games this season.

Lets just add on another £60 a year to get something I already had. Ehmmm. No brainer

No I need a bigger carrot. (Live matchday TV perhaps)

Edited by topcat

Considering the One Thistle team is made up of volunteers, the match highlights are filmed by volunteers, the text commentary is written by a volunteer, and this is a voluntary contribution which enables one to continue access to some services we've enjoyed buck shee and to help further the fantastic work these guys have already proven to be excellent in delivering, motivated solely by a love for the Jags....

60 quid a year? .... Very reasonable.

Dunno if i'll sign up. Can i justify the cost to my own annual budget? Dunno.

I'm a Jags fan regardless.

Really hope this scheme is a success. I'm confident the One Thistle boys and girls will use any contributions wisely in the advancement of Jaggydom!

:fan:

Jordanhill Jag, I am sorry to sound so negative on this and i would like to point out that i think one thistle has been great and has brought the thistle family together and made us stronger. I would like to bring a couple of hypotheticals to the discuss.

As i stated in my post that a bunch of Welsh fans who were up for the scotland game on the friday night decided to take our game in on the saturday. Afterwards they were from their posts on here and on twitter very impressed and all stated that Partick Thistle were now their Scottish team. Now this is great news, more people spreading the word of our club, they may even suggest to friends going to glasgow for a trip/break to take in a game or they may even come back in a few years to watch us again. So these new fans will look out for our results in the paper maybe jump on here to have a chat or go to the official site to watch the highlights. Under the tag system they would have to shell out 60 quid to view these highlights which sadly i dont think they would and this may lead for them not having an interest in us since they are unable to view any major content on the website.

My second hypothetical is i know a few guys who are thistle fans albeit not regulars in anyway. These guys though every week go on the official site to watch the highlights. Now this season they have been delighted by what they have seen that one of them has been to 9 games this year ( Thats £173 plus he buys a programme at every game). Without the chance the view the highlights I doubt very highly that he would have attended more than the cup final and last nights game. Now you can called him a glory hunter all you want but a lot of people are in this situation and at the end of the day he is a thistle fan that will soon be denied access to viewing content on the site. I certainly dont see him willing to pay £60 to view certain content.

These are just two examples and i am sure there are more. Again i dont want to sound negative but i don't want any thistle fan being denied the chance to watch highlights or make use of the text commentary when he/she cant go to games.

Thats great if we can get registered supporters and everyone can be involved in future decisions of the club but people will have to pay at 60 quid a year for that and to me that makes it more exclusive and inclusive.

There are going to be many examples where people might not be involved due to lack of highlights - I met with the Welsh Fans they will come back simply due to the enjoyable experience they had - Matchday highlights are unlikely to influence the decision greatly - whilst I appreciate people will ask why they have to pay for something they get for nothing we have to factor things like Kids Go Free ,a very large and growing Community Programme and the fact that we want to involve our Fans in the future of the Club - as Ive said on other threads the cost and package content are very similar to packages in Germany and Spain there models are helping drive Clubs forward we are looking to do the same.

Already stumping up £20 a month in the centenary club and £475 to sponsor a player. Have been to corporate once and probably made about 7 home games this season.

Lets just add on another £60 a year to get something I already had. Ehmmm. No brainer

No I need a bigger carrot. (Live matchday TV perhaps)

What! No season ticket? Part-time supporter.

Seriously though, a TV package for overseas fans would be brilliant. Falkirk will be getting 8 quid of mine a week on Sat. Would love the Jags to clinch the league that day; selfish ******* that I am!

And another thing....

For all those concern about "loosing" free stuff. Perhaps, the money raised will enable One Thistle to improve the quality and quantity of the already brawesome promotional material and services which remain free to all.

P.s. how do i post video on the forum rather than as a link? Worked out how to do pics, but vidz is a mystery to me.

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

What! No season ticket? Part-time supporter. Seriously though, a TV package for overseas fans would be brilliant. Falkirk will be getting 8 quid of mine a week on Sat. Would love the Jags to clinch the league that day; selfish ******* that I am!
Watch out for me in the crowd. I,ll be there :thumbsup2: That will make your £8 worthwhile :evil: But would rather it went to the Dunfy game. Edited by topcat

I'm not a nomad and I go to pretty much every game home and away, but I'll be signing up for this.

The highlights just now are great and yes they are free, but the tag scheme will mean that the service is improved. Longer edits, full HD, post match interviews etc.

The supporters federation will also be a great way for the fans to have a say in the future of the club.

I think it is an excellent concept and hope people sign up for it. The main questions I had when I was reading about it last evening were:

1. Centenary Fund - is this as well as that or will it ultimately replace it?

2. Supporter Federation - is this a group that is completely seperate from the Trust and will there be representation from this group at Boardroom level?

3. I quite like it but am not entirely sure what the logo is?

Guest fredthecheesecloth

This looks very good. Well done all.

Not looking to open up a can of worms, but is this scheme tied in with the Jags Trust or is it completely separate? I presume the Supporters Federation will take its place in the programme etc...

I think it is an excellent concept and hope people sign up for it. The main questions I had when I was reading about it last evening were:

2. Supporter Federation - is this a group that is completely seperate from the Trust and will there be representation from this group at Boardroom level?

Yeah, What's with those tweety birds man? :thinking:

This looks very good. Well done all.

Not looking to open up a can of worms, but is this scheme tied in with the Jags Trust or is it completely separate? I presume the Supporters Federation will take its place in the programme etc...

There is no tie up with the Jags Trust - Supporters Federation will develop as scheme moves forward

Initial thoughts Martin will be that Members are allocated to Supporters Branches in there area - they elect delegates and meet with the Full Board once a quarter - we get a spread of views and issues and a stronger voice as opposed to one lone one in the Boardroom - HOWEVER the Supporters Federation will hopefully evolve and make its own decisions ,the Club will simply feed members to each Branch as and when the join TAG - so we are clear TAG is a long term strategy and will evolve much as onethistle has. The Centenery Fund will run as it is at present for the time being.

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

Quote from Jordanhill Jag

"Initial thoughts Martin will be that Members are allocated to Supporters Branches in there area"

Not many Supporters Branches down in my neck of the woods.

In fact, I'm sort of like that scene from "Blazing Saddles" where "we made our own (wagon circle)".

On another note, has the club any plans to continue with the Season Ticket premium of paying a little more for a days Hospitality? Or will this be worked into the TAG package in some way?

I think it's a great idea. It's a model similar to other clubs in Europe that we are copying and something that people have been crying out for. I'm not a massive fan of "Fans Trusts" - to much committee, arguments and toys out of pram with noise that replaces any good they achieve. It's not about highlights or freebies it's being a member of the club with more input, identity and a voice. Let's not get the whole "Nomad" thing blow out the water. I'm a Nomad although back in Glasgow more often than not these days but we do make up a small percentage of the fan base. Those who contribute to sponsoring a player, centenary fund, flags great. But £6 a month will give you more of a voice, support the club and allow further development.

It's early steps. It will take time. But the foundation is there and I for one welcome it. Let's work together and keep up the good work.

• Like 1

Quote from Jordanhill Jag

"Initial thoughts Martin will be that Members are allocated to Supporters Branches in there area"

Not many Supporters Branches down in my neck of the woods.

In fact, I'm sort of like that scene from "Blazing Saddles" where "we made our own (wagon circle)".

On another note, has the club any plans to continue with the Season Ticket premium of paying a little more for a days Hospitality? Or will this be worked into the TAG package in some way?

Where we have isolated fan groups they will be allocated to say "West Scotland" Branch or England or Global so they are still within a Branch - no idea on the Season Ticket thing - will look into it .

You'll only need to miss out one and a half pints as it will only cost you £5 per month! :drink2:

It will only cost you £6 a month for the standard package(less than a packet of fags)..... if you are not a season ticket holder.

effectively season ticket holders get everything they already do, plus more, at no extra charge.

Its a great chance for us to organise, manage and make money from the media side of the Club. with the income means we can produce a more professional package, enabling to be treated with more respect. we need to start acting like a profesional top teir club if we are going to play with the big boys.

I think people need to realise just how lucky they have been, the amount of things our club gives away for free is madness for anythone trying to run as a respectable profit making business... how can improvements be made to things like PTTV picture quality when it is something that pulls no income stream and is run by volunteers... now it will have an income stream, improvements can be made.

up until may, we offer free entry to under 16's plus the benefits that come with it.

we offer free access to our match highlights to anyone around the world.

we offer free access to text commentary on every thistle game, to anyone around the world.

all of the above takes a lot of work to prepare, produce and administer, and all of it is done for free by volunteers. quite bloody right the club should be repackaging this!

no disrespect to any nomads around the world, or anyone who is not a season ticket holder, but come on?