Link To Tag

Willjag

I wouldn't know, but you could always e mail him

But shouldn't he, as the Director who is responsible for fan communications, be updating us on here?

ETA - Jim sought unpaid consultancy services on here. Did anyone volunteer to give their professional expertise for nothing?

Edited by kni

With respect to WAT. I would suggest any update on TAG should be explained in far more official places, than a fan run forum, from an associate director using a "moniker".

The fact that he used WAT to attempt to reach a demographic of our fan base, should not be used as a stick to beat him or TAG with.

Agree, it should come from the club via their page as to whether it is continuing / starting or we are calling it a day, saying that we never heard anymore about realscottishfootball after the initial launch

• 2 weeks later...

Out of interest why do you think it's a "disaster"?

You are kidding, right?

Just in case you're not...

It was launched at the tail end of 2012/13 (in April), presumably for the start of the 2013/14 season. Nothing happened. And when I say nothing, I mean nothing. No communication whatsoever.

Then came the apology for the delay - in February. This line in particular is relevant: "Greig and Jim acknowledged that with the delay in implementation of the scheme comes an issue of credibility that the Club needs to address." So, surely this would be up and running for the start of the 2014/15 season then. Surely?

No. We've played 4 league matches (should've been 5) and 1 in the cup. And NOW here it is, out of the blue, with no communication since February's resurrection.

That's before you even look at what TAG offers. For £60 a year, I'd get...

A unique membership card and TAG membership number - means absolutely nothing.

Access to the club's exclusive live match day text commentary - something I've had for free all this time. Presumably they'll still do Twitter updates too...

Access to Partick Thistle TV videos and match galleries on ptfc.co.uk - the videos have really never been a regular thing, they just appear now and again when there's a new signing. The match highlights now seem to just be the SPFL ones, which are about 5 minutes long and free of charge, so that'll do me there. I personally don't have any interest in looking at pictures of the matches.

Membership to one of the Club's official supporters' federations - haven't seen any real evidence that these work/are worth the time and effort.

Entry into six draws per year to win the chance for you and a friend to travel to a selected away game on the team bus - this does not interest me, and the club has failed to conduct draws on time previously anyway.

On the original thread I said the price was too steep for what you're getting, and I stand by that. But even if this was £10 I wouldn't bother - just because of the delays/lack of communication. Very poor.

Edited by ThickAsThieves
  • Like 1

I won't be signing up either. Paying £25 quid for my kids seat, plus £50 odd quid for the new home kit. Plus my season ticket and travel and admission to away games. If i spend any more cash it'll be sponsoring an january window players jersey for £125. At least we got Lyle Taylor's jersey and a nice way day out for that last year.

I was being a tad mischievous, TasT :) .

It's going over old ground but I like the concept of TAG. Just don't think that the contents are worthy of the concept. .

We're in the same boat then, lib. From the original TAG thread of 2013, I said: "Good idea in principle - so that more money is going into the club - but I think it's a steep price."

&

"I don't want to, or like to, be negative. I'm just saying right now it seems to be you get what you get now, for £60. With a couple of draws to travel with the team thrown in. I'd hope there would be more perks thought up and implemented as the season continues. Like I say, I agree with this in principle, having all Thistle fans under one banner at the club who contribute more. The money raised through this initiative will be a great sum, and hopefully put to great use. At £20, I wouldn't bat an eyelid. £60, for me, seems a little steep. That's all."

I also signed off that final point with "But I'll pay it". I won't now...

You are kidding, right?

Membership to one of the Club's official supporters' federations - haven't seen any real evidence that these work/are worth the time and effort.

Whilst I can totally agree with the vast majority of your post. And if I was a non season ticket holder, I would really struggle to justify paying £60. I completely disagree with the point I've quoted above.

Received my intro email and followed the link to register.

My ST number and access code were pre-populated. I hadn't received the access code via email, as suggested. Clicked to complete transaction, but the confirmation page is just a blank page. No transaction complete, page.

I haven't received a confirmation email, to confirm transaction complete.

I assume it is.

I noticed yesterday when filling in my password that selecting the 'send password reminder' button doesnt involve answering any security questions or inputing any further info other than the PIN number. On doing this the page then reveals what email address the reminder will be sent to. Essentially if you put in a four digit number you will know the email address of the person who 'owns' that PIN and their password will be reset.

This isn't right and is probably against Data Protection rules.