Just In

chunky jag

Torture for about 85 minutes but what a finale!

Dont know why we changed system, with 2 up front for about the first time this season. We missed erskine and lawless.

Erskine motm which considering he ws only on pitch for 35 mins says a lot!

Fox had nothing to do outside their goal.

O'donnells poor form continues. Balatoni played well, dowie lucky not to be red carded for last man challenge? I'd need to see it again.

Sincy came onto a game with the intro of erskine.

Forbes craigen welsh bannigan were alright no stick out.

Craig anonymous. Doolan worked hard but had no real threat.

Roll on the title prty on tuesday!

Edited by chunky jag

Torture for about 85 minutes but what a finale!

Dont know why we changed system, with 2 up front for about the first time this season. We missed erskine and lawless.

Erskine motm which considering he ws only on pitch for 35 mins says a lot!

Fox had nothing to do outside their goal.

O'donnells poor form continues. Balatoni played well, dowie lucky not to be red carded for last man challenge? I'd need to see it again.

Sincy came onto a game with the intro of erskine.

Forbes craigen welsh bannigan were alright no stick out.

Craig anonymous. Doolan worked hard but had no real threat.

Roll on the title prty on tuesday!

Very clumsy from Dowie. Could have easily given away a pen and been sent off

I second pretty much everything Chunky Jag has just said. Thought Dowie's "challenge" was a clear pen. Also thought they had another couple of good shouts as well. We did miss a couple of big openings just before their goal.

Another factor, I believe, is the placcy pitch. I've seen us play on one 4 times this season, and we've been pretty poor each time. I'd have thought it might help our passing game, but it never seems to.

I second pretty much everything Chunky Jag has just said. Thought Dowie's "challenge" was a clear pen. Also thought they had another couple of good shouts as well. We did miss a couple of big openings just before their goal.

Another factor, I believe, is the placcy pitch. I've seen us play on one 4 times this season, and we've been pretty poor each time. I'd have thought it might help our passing game, but it never seems to.

Good point. They are shite. The ball bounces awkwardly, usually too high, and a straight forward through pass skites right off the surface beyond where the ball is supposed to go.

• Like 1

I second pretty much everything Chunky Jag has just said. Thought Dowie's "challenge" was a clear pen.

ref should have stopped play for an infringement on the half way line so IMO was balancing things out. Madden-esque performance from the ref and begs the question why an obviously inexperienced ref was handed a game that had a lot resting on it, i.e., title and relegation. their no.5 should also have walked for a 2nd bookable offence and wtf did Erskine get booked for?

ref should have stopped play for an infringement on the half way line so IMO was balancing things out. Madden-esque performance from the ref and begs the question why an obviously inexperienced ref was handed a game that had a lot resting on it, i.e., title and relegation. their no.5 should also have walked for a 2nd bookable offence and wtf did Erskine get booked for?

I usually make it a point not to crtitcise refs, and I normally don't think they're as bad as other people, but..... He was clearly out of his depth. Booking Erskine after letting so much else go was madness.

Didnt think it was possible but that ending probably even upstaged Wednesday night. Absolutely bonkers at the end..No doubt it could have been different as it was a stonewall penalty and sending off!! Also just got home to see that those two goals have won me £220 on my coupon...Jags, Brentford, Arsenal, Bournemouth and QOTS. Few beers for Christie if I see him in the West End tonight!!

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

This. The Airdrie boy was climbing over the top. It was like a rugby challenge when the guy jumps to catch the lineout it was that clear cut.

Having said that, Dowie dodged a bullet

Erskine was booked, from what I could see, for attempting an overhead kick.

Specal mention must be made to the linesman who failed to give 3 offsides against Airdrie in a 5 minute spell. He also had a hilarious run

• Like 1

Jammy, but maybe that's part of the definition of a champion in Scottish football.

If Archie really does feel he must play 2 strikers, he'd be as well playing Conrad up alongside Doolan - linking brawn and a commanding aerial presence with guile and positioning. The Craig-Doolan partnership has been tried before, and never succeeded.

Edited by Fearchar

we started ok but then got dragged down to their level, they got a goal from nothing and held on, fouling and timewasting, although Dowie should have been off and a penalty awarded so I won't slag the officials this week! we probably had around 80% possession but done nothing with with it, Craig played a ball through for Doolan but he took too long to shot and their defender made a great tackle. second half was much the same until Erskine came on, he combined well with Lawless and Sincy. was thinking we could play all day and not score but somehow managed to grind out a win. fair play to the players, they were taking a bit of stick from a frustrated Jags crowd but yet again Archie has pulled the rabbit oot the hat. If Erskine would have started the game it would have been over by half time, Airdrie were fecking dire, they were worse than the 7-0 game. so happy we won that, I had a wee quid on Dunfy to win at Morton at 10/1 aswell! good times. time to look out the beach baws and lilo's for Tuesday night. so proud of the players tonight.

Erskine was booked for mouthing off at the ref

Watching the team over the last 3 games I don't think that it's about the number of games being played I believe that it nerves/tension call it what you like that has been affecting our play

We have mostly a young and inexperienced side and the prize is nearly in their grasp

Hopefully on Tuesday against raith we can win the title in style

Thought erskine when he came on made all the difference

What a finish to a game absolute bedlam

Roll on Tuesday

Well done lads

At 4;40 this post would have been so different. I would have reflected on too many games in a short space of time, running on empty, have we opened the door to Morton, Fearful of Tuesday etc etc, but to quote Fergie 'football,bloody hell'. It won't matter at the end of he season what this performance was like, all that matters is that we have breathing space and are seemingly now cruising to the title. I can't speak highly enough of these players and the manager. My hope is now that we are cruising on Tuesday and Archie brings himself on to a rousing reception.

Ps still fearful of Tuesday as I have got work on Wednesday

Happy days :-)

• Like 1

Phew! What a finish, thought we were going to get nothing and to be honest I wouldn't have complained too much. For the majority of this game we were frankly dross, fortunately Airdrie were even worse. To be honest I think this game should be filed under job done and apart from the magnificent mental strength and courage of our team quietly forgotten. Mind you it was wonderful to relegate Airdrie, I have to admit I absolutely can't stand 'em. Roll on Tuesday and hopefully a championship.

• Like 1

This. The Airdrie boy was climbing over the top. It was like a rugby challenge when the guy jumps to catch the lineout it was that clear cut.

Having said that, Dowie dodged a bullet

Erskine was booked, from what I could see, for attempting an overhead kick.

Specal mention must be made to the linesman who failed to give 3 offsides against Airdrie in a 5 minute spell. He also had a hilarious run

He was hilarious. Ran like he'd shat himself

Maybe should have been a red card & sending off, but Welsh was clearly fouled right in front of the ref just before it & i think he knew he'd boobed. We should have had pen for clear handball & their no.5 should have had a 2nd yellow. Ref was way out of his depth. In the last minute he had the cheek to hurry Fox on with a goal kick after they blatant timewasting by Airdrie for nearly an hour.