Our Current Form

Jaggy1967

There has been a few posts on various threads etc about how well this team are performing.

In my time as a follower ( 37ish years ) I have never known such a period of continual wins peppered with the occasional draw ( ignoring last week ).

It would be good to know where we currently stand on this !

Anyone in the know ?

I've been going to Firhill regularly since the mid-70's and in all that time(which incidentally doesn't feel so long to me) we've never had so many victories. As I keep saying to those younger, for goodness sake enjoy these times!

Same myself. I think my 1st game was around 75ish and as a Jags fan have suffered ever since.

As I said it would be good to know just how good we are currently.

There has been a few posts on various threads etc about how well this team are performing.

In my time as a follower ( 37ish years ) I have never known such a period of continual wins peppered with the occasional draw ( ignoring last week ).

It would be good to know where we currently stand on this !

Anyone in the know ?

You don't need to ignore last week- we drew the match (albiet we lost the tie on pens). In my book that does not count as a loss when compiling stats

I reckon I've only come away from a game without a smile on my coupon about 8 times this season and that includes the likes of a 2-2 draw at Livingston. I'm not even going to try and contrast that with our last promotion 7 years ago when i was chuffed enough with a goalless draw up at Forfar

That was hard work though was it not ?

Every single league match I've gone to this season we have won.

every league game I've missed we've won. both 2-1s against cowden, 3-1 and 4-1 against Falkirk and 6-1 v Livvy! I was considering not going against Morton to make sure we won but I had to go! typical I've been to every other game, and seen every game we've lost.

Courtesy of @ThistleStats on Twitter. Our last similar run came in the 2000/2001 2nd division winning season with 18 games unbeaten, 12 wins.

I missed out season 70/71 - 24 league game unbeaten run 27 if you then count the first 3 league games of 71/72

On a slight tangent, if we beat Raith Rovers and Dunfermline to end up with 17 wins and 1 defeat from 18 home games, that must be up there with the best home record in a season ever, anywhere!

You'd think so. In 70-71, undefeated in 18 league home games: 16 wins, 2 draws. For: 53, against, 9. Not a bad record either! Sixteen clean sheets for Roughie in that campaign.