Centenary Fund - Stats

I know all the reasons why we have the Centenary Fund but I was bored and thought I'd look back and see who won what. In 18 draws there's been,

2 x 7 time winners.

5 x 5 time winners.

5 x 4 time winners.

22 x 3 time winners.

72 x 2 winners.

398 x 1 time winners.

Would be interesting to know how many members there are and how many folk have still to win something.

Credit to you for taking the time to compile that!

I can't say I know this, but I'd imagine that there will be certain individuals with multiple Gold Memberships. It would be interesting to see the break-down of the categories you show there into Gold/Silver/Bronze and compare it to the respective membership figures.

Does anyone know how many members the CF has, how much its pulling in for the club monthly and when its finally going to start taking online card payments as promised months ago

I don't have the figures for the most recent draw (but I plan to get them soon) so these figures are for the draw that took place in Feb.

Total Number of Members: 661

Gold: 127

Silver: 162

Bronze: 372

This equates to £6,020 per month or £72,240 per year (gross).

Once prizes and the cost of certificates/postage, etc are taken off you are left with approximately £50,000 per year.

As for online payment this was discussed at the Club AGM earlier in the year and will not be taking place because there is a problem concerning PayPal and gaming rules.

I don't have the figures for the most recent draw (but I plan to get them soon) so these figures are for the draw that took place in Feb.

Total Number of Members: 661

Gold: 127

Silver: 162

Bronze: 372

This equates to £6,020 per month or £72,240 per year (gross).

Once prizes and the cost of certificates/postage, etc are taken off you are left with approximately £50,000 per year.

As for online payment this was discussed at the Club AGM earlier in the year and will not be taking place because there is a problem concerning PayPal and gaming rules.

What about a normal card payment surely the club has the facility that if i wanted to pay over the phone by card they could do that, they must use it for hospitality or is that all cheque too

If the Club haven't stuck to their side of the bargain re giving the Trust the shares agreed when they were supposed to, should the Trust then consider other options?

First and foremost we should be holding them to their contractual obligations. I wouldn't want to speculate on the hypothetical beyond that.

weird thing but I've won loads on this scheme but I've never cashed anything, to me the whole plan was about funding the club and not buying some sort of raffle ticket.

That's because your a better person than the rest of us though.

Been a silver member since the start, won **** all.

Started doing a Similar thing towards the end of last year but got bored quickly. So thanks for putting it together. If I PM'd and asked nicely do you think I could have a copy of your masterpiece?

Edited by Munkey

Interesting that a few people are saying they've won heehaw. Just seems odd to me that there were so many multiple winners. Anyone know what system is used to draw the winners? Also, why don't the multiple winners get removed from the draw after a certain number of wins. Most winners don't want the prizes anyway, they only joined the CF because they love the club. Haha. No matter how loyal and saintly a Thistle fan you claim to be, the majority of people would've signed up to the CF because there was an incentive. Don't pretend otherwise.

Edited by The Legend Blows

Silver Member from the start - won a signed ba'. Practically every club nowadays runs a similar scheme, even Chippenham Town - surely the idea is that it's a win-(chance of)win situation for both punter and club and the figures have been done to take that in. Nice to see that some aren't cashing in, but if they don't inform the club, it's money that lies in the bank untouchable. Ther're no getting their ba' back though.

• 4 weeks later...

Good to see the same old faces winning again in the August draw. Would it not make sense to limit the amount of times a member can win in a calendar year. If everyone is only in the fund for the good of the club I'm sure the multi winners wouldn't mind. Also, could they not video the actual draw and tack it onto the previous weekends highlights. Would be interesting to see how it's done?