Future Crowd Control

Harry Wragg

Stewards and Police handled it really well. They knew people would want to go on the pitch and let them do it. Nice orderly trooping off - including one guy with his kid planting the flag on the centre spot :D

Dont see the issue TBH, all good natured and no malice (although some Pars fans seem to have their knickers in a twist about a few fans goading them :D) All it needed was someone to bring out a football for 200 a side and everything was perfect.

The lack of control on Sat was disturbing to say the least, not what I expected to see at Firhill. The stewards seemed incapable of restricting the pitch invasion and the polis ( with the exception of the wee sexy one !!) were conspicuous by their absence and inactive approach to the numpties running around the park with kids in their arms , is this what we are to expect now next season ? I hope not, The behaviour of some of our so called fans ( never recognised any of them !!) was appalling and I would appeal to the club to bar them from future games if at all possible. We will need more policing than this when we play the bigger boys !! A big crowd was expected so why wasn't the control in place ? And talking of the crowd , ki can't believe there was only 5663 there , it was 7000 plus I'm sure !!

Really hope someone can collate all your posts this season if only to prove what a complete muppet you really are.

This was a guy who said Archie should be relieved of his duties after 3 games when he had picked up 7 points from 9.

A wise man once told me recently, "Don't be a clown - be a b*stard".

So I'm going to be a bit of a b*stard and say that you sir, are a clown of the highest order. Your levels of common sense are so low that you probably go to South Africa every time you want an orange.

Edited by ian_mac
  • Like 1

YOU RAN across the pitch and Mrs Skwerr let you.

I assume the life insurance is fully paid up.

Bet you enjoyed it old sir.:clapping: :worship:

:clapping:

I know, I think I'll need to sack her and get a more conscientious carer!........or take her out of the will!

:-)

Aye - a great day, right enough.

The stewards and police were sensible and knew it would happen and so allowed it. Got people off the pitch and then the trophy celebrations could begin. Good policing. Job done.

People goading the Dunfermline fans were childish especially grown men doing it. Some of the Dunfermline "young team" were trying to sneak in the side gate after the game had ended and a couple of policemen chased them away.

I was speaking to a Steward before the game who told me Facebook and Twitter had been monitored by the Police in the run up to the game and they knew there would be an invasion. He also told me they were under instructions not to stop it as, "After all, its not as if we don't know where they're going!"

I personally enjoyed watching a whole lot of middle aged men and women run the length of the pitch only to turn round and walk back again almost immediately when Michael Max asked them to - quite the most civilised pitch invasion I've ever seen!

• Like 1

i don't see anything wrong with the pitch invasion. silverware's been a long time coming, and we earned it. some folk just have to find something to complain about though, even on a momentous day like saturday. each to their own.

i don't see anything wrong with the pitch invasion. silverware's been a long time coming, and we earned it. some folk just have to find something to complain about though, even on a momentous day like saturday. each to their own.

Well to be fair just about everyone that's posted on here has been complaining about the original post. :D

The lack of control on Sat was disturbing to say the least, not what I expected to see at Firhill. The stewards seemed incapable of restricting the pitch invasion and the polis ( with the exception of the wee sexy one !!) were conspicuous by their absence and inactive approach to the numpties running around the park with kids in their arms , is this what we are to expect now next season ? I hope not, The behaviour of some of our so called fans ( never recognised any of them !!) was appalling and I would appeal to the club to bar them from future games if at all possible. We will need more policing than this when we play the bigger boys !! A big crowd was expected so why wasn't the control in place ? And talking of the crowd , ki can't believe there was only 5663 there , it was 7000 plus I'm sure !!

Were you last off the pitch after you went round everyone to see if you recognised anyone? :D

C'mon Harry, own up, this is a fishing mission right?

Cos even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch

It generates a warmth around the ground that augurs well for mankind

And thats what lifes about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvwA7BK4-6A

Ha ha, lovely video. The tackle on the goalkeeper by the dog had me laughing out loud.

Do you live in the real world? If you think a pitch invasion was appalling a would advise you to stay in doors and not turn on your tv. Someones always got to have a moan. There was no trouble caused by it.